Lessons learned (or, Making plans for 2012)

Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:39 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
FT is great for many reasons, but this thread is one more near the top of my list.

I found this thread many months ago, not even knowing what the GS even was for certain. But still I went ahead and searched my email inbox for "e-Rewards" and found that my husband and two oldest kids and I had all received invites from USAirways at one point or another. Apparently anyone over 13 can get an invite and join.

So, we've been working all 4 accounts for many months now, as well as 3 e-Miles accounts (my husband and I, and our oldest child, who is over 18 and eligible).

Something I've learned is that 30-something white females with college degrees do not get as many surveys as 40-something white males with high school diplomas. And teenagers get a halfway decent amount.

Anyhow, with two credit card applications that came with bonus miles done this past year (Hilton and Marriott), a Daily Getaways purchase (Wyndham points), and several e-Rewards transfers from multiple accounts, I now have enough points stockpiled in my own hotel accounts to net 6 hits right off the bat without a dime being paid for them. (I don't mind doing surveys, I'm a homemaker anyhow and sit around on the internet doing much less useful things often enough!)

With $11 I can top off a 7th account, my husband has enough SPG points for both of us to cover an 8th hotel partner hit (if this year is anything like last year, and actually happens, yadda yadda), and the 9th - I lack 3K points which I can buy for $21 if need be.

If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have had a clue what e-Rewards was, or why I might want to start ahead of time, or what to do with the rewards once I had them. So - thanks, FT! (PS - I did make sure to save enough to cover a minimum - or even next level - e-Rewards transfer to USAirways, too. BUT - when I signed up for e-miles, I did it under Delta, so I'm currently waiting for my last 500 mile award deposit to clear before canceling the account and signing back up under USAirways. Glad I caught that, but don't know if I can hit 500 more in time without doing a purchase there, which I loathe to do. Ugh.)

[Did I mention I plan too far in advance? Oh well... so far its just my time that's been put out, so that's alright if it doesn't happen.. though I shall pout endlessly. And possibly whine a bit.]

Last edited by GGE; Aug 23, 2012 at 10:45 am
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by GGE
FT is great for many reasons, but this thread is one more near the top of my list.
Hey there GGE. As thorough as you are, you've probably read the "other partner's" thread. If not, it contains a wealth of information and most of it can be found in the first post, meticulously updated throughout GS2011 by Beltway. (Thanks again!)

Wishing you well and still hoping there will be a Grand Slam this year!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:08 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by aglasgow
Hey there GGE. As thorough as you are, you've probably read the "other partner's" thread. If not, it contains a wealth of information and most of it can be found in the first post, meticulously updated throughout GS2011 by Beltway. (Thanks again!)

Wishing you well and still hoping there will be a Grand Slam this year!
Hey, I much appreciate the pointer, and well wishes! Believe it or not, I read the entire thread you just mentioned. I found many great pointers there which I used to fill in much of the "notes" section of my spreadsheet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.