Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lessons learned (or, Making plans for 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Heads up: If there is a Grand Slam 2012 I just read in my Hyatt statement that Hyatt points to Dividend Miles is ending in March. So that will not be a hit option next year.

Sorry if this was posted previously but I haven't had time to read this thread lately.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Heads up: If there is a Grand Slam 2012 I just read in my Hyatt statement that Hyatt points to Dividend Miles is ending in March. So that will not be a hit option next year.

Sorry if this was posted previously but I haven't had time to read this thread lately.
Quite unfortunate, given I did two low-end Hyatt stays during GS last year.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
sorry I feel dense, but can someone explain the erewards thing and how it relates to GS 2k11/12. This is my first year doing it and am hoping to get to at least *G this year.

Any advice for a newbie would be great.

I know this is all speculative, given that a program hasn't been announced. But, I too, would like to be as prepared as possible.

Sorry if this is too much to ask, any links to literature would be equally helpful.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FSUSeminole007
sorry I feel dense, but can someone explain the erewards thing
A good rule of practice for FT: if you're not sure about something, check the sticky threads & do at least a quick search for relevant thread titles. In this case, what you want is covered in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
after today's US daily giveway, I can now add Wyndham to one of my hits this year!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mrredskin
after today's US daily giveway, I can now add Wyndham to one of my hits this year!
How in the world did you manage to get it so fast. I was right on the money at 1:00 and already 'in someone else's basket' message pops up. Drat!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by miffSC
How in the world did you manage to get it so fast. I was right on the money at 1:00 and already 'in someone else's basket' message pops up. Drat!
i went with the two lowest levels. days inn for the pre-sale with lots of refreshing (work computer has very fast network even tho PC sucks!) and then super 8 for the regular 1pm sale. i used my cell to refresh wyndham rewards fb while using PC to refresh the travel website.

sorry you'll get 'em next time!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Exclamation Oh my!

Originally Posted by mrredskin
i went with the two lowest levels. days inn for the pre-sale with lots of refreshing (work computer has very fast network even tho PC sucks!) and then super 8 for the regular 1pm sale. i used my cell to refresh wyndham rewards fb while using PC to refresh the travel website.

sorry you'll get 'em next time!
Who can compete with that? Congrats!

Last edited by aglasgow; Apr 24, 2012 at 7:45 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by aglasgow
Who can compete with that? Congrats!
Well.. there always is topguest/foresquare where you can beat him pricewise
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
E-rewards airline redemption partners disappear

I just read some posts on the e-rewards master thread beginning April 27 (see details at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...thread-60.html) indicating that owners of e-rewards accounts with multiple airline redemption partners have seen the airline partners disappear recently. I checked my account (a very old one, not even sure who the original sponsor was -- possibly American Airlines before they left the program -- but I had multiple airline and hotel redemption partners), and sure enough, all of my airline partners are gone too While this could be a temporary glitch, one poster provided a response from e-rewards customer service suggesting that the redemption changes were not a mistake.

So, I'm posting here to suggest that people may want to check to see if USAirways still is a redemption partner for your e-rewards account, and if not, start looking for an invitation from a different sponsor (USAirways or hotel programs ) that includes US as a redemption partner.

May 5 update: My airline partners now are back. Apparently AA recently came back to e-rewards, and e-rewards "re-aligned" redemption options. Several days ago, I noticed I had AA as my only airline redemption option. Today, after reading another post on the master thread, I checked again and now have AA and most/all of the others I had before the change in late April.

Last edited by needtoescape; May 5, 2012 at 6:49 pm Reason: Updated information
Old May 19, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA Gold; Hyatt Globalist; HH D, Marriott Plat
any word on when the GS promo might start in 2012?
Old May 21, 2012, 1:38 pm

Gold Points purchase option

As I recall, last year it was not possible to buy Gold points to top off for a GS transfer hit. FYI I just got an email that sets out the rate for buying points:

"Gold Points are available for purchase in 1,000 point increments for $7.00 USD; up to 40,000 points per account, per calendar year."
Old May 21, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by travelpye
"Gold Points are available for purchase in 1,000 point increments for $7.00 USD; up to 40,000 points per account, per calendar year."
Makes them the same price as the new, "improved" price of Priority Club points using the book and cancel trick, BUT, IIRC, a "hit" required fewer CC points than did one for PC points, so (if buying is your only points option), CC will be a cheaper hit than Priority Club.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:39 pm

For hotel stays do you actually have to check-in to get a hit?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by reaper99999
For hotel stays do you actually have to check-in to get a hit?
Only Wyndham reliably gives credit for no-shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.