Wine Insiders

Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:05 am

I also got the Wine Insiders posting yesterday. Good news although I already hit my target of 32 hits. I enjoyed most of the wine so it was a decent safety hit... in fact, at $7.50/bottle, I might order again!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:36 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
I'm still waiting for mine to post.
I'm at least enjoying the wine, maybe a little too much.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by gwhit21
I'm still waiting for mine to post.
I'm at least enjoying the wine, maybe a little too much.
I had a party at the house tonight and enjoyed the last few bottles I had.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Got the wine... now waiting on the miles to post
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:58 am

still no posted yet
Old Dec 10, 2011, 5:24 pm

wine insider boo-boos

My order for was placed on November 9th for 1 Mixed 12 Bottle Sampler (B1GMF) as part of the USAirways Promotion. The reason for the order was two-fold:

1) I was trying to get one more essential point on the Grand Slam for Preferred Miles.

2) I was trying to gift my daughter in another state.

I received an order confirmation email dated Wed, Nov 9,2011.

I realized with the expected shipping date in the confirmation (probably about two weeks) I would miss the extra point. I was willing to suck it up. It was poor planning on my part.

From this point on, I received no other emails from Wine Insiders throughout November. I had given a Gmail account as my email address, and as most of you know, Gmail is not server-dependent and its accounts keep all Spam for 30 days. At this time, I have Spam dating back to at least November 7 2011. Therefore, NO email was received from the company.

On Wednesday, Dec 7, I called the company because my daughter never received her wine. I had checked my order # on their website and found that the order was unshipped. Since the promotion date for the USAirways points had long passed, I just decided to cancel the order. Their phone representative told me that

a) the product had been out of stock

b) I had been sent an email saying saying such (NOT TRUEsee above)

c) the order had been automatically cancelled. Note: nothing on their website said out of stock or order cancelled. It did say unshipped.

Imagine my surprise when I did hear again from the company by email less than two days later. At 1:05 a.m. December 9, 2011, an email was sent indicating that my order had been shipped.

How could a cancelled order have been shipped?

I called Wine Insiders early December 9 to ask about this new turn of events. The phone representative was a little unclear about what happened at first, but she said I would still get US Airways points, etc. I told her that Im sorry, that ship had LONG sailed and that I certainly did not want an order that I had been told on Dec 7 had been cancelled. She said she needed to check further. She then called me back at 7:32 a.m. EST Dec 9. She said that the only thing we could do at this point was to have my daughter refuse shipment. I explained that my daughter lived in an apartment building (no doorman), so while my daughter could refuse shipment, I had no idea if anyone else going out the door would take it upon himself to sign for it without her knowledge. She told me she would have Customer Service call me as soon as they got in this a.m

At 9:22 a.m., I received a voice mail on my cell phone (!) from Stephanie from a number that was not receiving return phone calls:

Here is what she said:

The company reserves the right to substitute

The holidays were what screwed this up (like how?)

I had to refuse shipment, and I would not be credited until it was received back in their warehouse (once again, the persons bearing the burden for all companys missteps was the customer making the order and the gift recipient).

I immediately called the 800 number Stephanie listed in the message, was put on hold for a bit, and the associate answering my call (not Stephanie) said that my order HAD BEEN cancelled. She said Stephanie had not read the notes and had misunderstood.

At this point I told this phone associate that I needed verification in WRITING (email) that the order had been cancelled; I reminded her that on Dec 7, a representative told me the order had been cancelled and it certainly had not been. Their phone representative told me that there was no way I could get verification; she told me my order had been cancelled, end of story. When I pressed further, she said there was no possible verification until the system updated on Sunday night.

Here are the points of my official complaint to them ( and yeah, at this point, I wanted to make sure it was documented!!!!!) :

1) I never received notification that the item was out of stock

2) Associate on Dec 7 felt free to lie saying I was sent notification

3) Associate told me on Dec 7 order had been cancelled anyway (apparently NOT)

4) Somehow cancelled order is shipped Dec 9 and its strange that verification of shipping email can get to me, but out of stock/order cancelled email does not.

5) I am told that it doesnt matter if the company screwed up, the burden of responsibility is now on me, the customer, to refuse it so that I get my money back.

6) I receive a phone message from Customer Service that directly contradicts the order of events and seems to contradict my desired outcome and then contradicts my follow-up phone call

7) I then am told to ignore the phone message but trust that the order has been cancelled

Please note:
I have no problem with the fact that they were out of stock. I do almost all of my non-grocery shopping by internet; things are out of stock all the time. I would have had no problem with a timely substitution. But I either receive an email or two or even a phone callor BOTH--when this happens.

I cant ever recall having a cancelled order shipped, either.

Result:
I'm totally rethinking even thinking about Grand Slam 2012.

Not worth it.

I can find a cheap flight run to get the Preferred Miles for far cheaper time and aggravation.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
You have had a pretty good copy of what I went through. My suggestion is to complain to John of WineInsiders on Facebook -- got more help doing it this way than through their HORRIBLE customer service.

Originally Posted by LetitiaJane
My order for was placed on November 9th for 1 Mixed 12 Bottle Sampler (B1GMF) as part of the USAirways Promotion. The reason for the order was two-fold:

1) I was trying to get one more essential point on the Grand Slam for Preferred Miles.

2) I was trying to gift my daughter in another state.

I received an order confirmation email dated Wed, Nov 9,2011.

I realized with the expected shipping date in the confirmation (probably about two weeks) I would miss the extra point. I was willing to suck it up. It was poor planning on my part.

From this point on, I received no other emails from Wine Insiders throughout November. I had given a Gmail account as my email address, and as most of you know, Gmail is not server-dependent and its accounts keep all Spam for 30 days. At this time, I have Spam dating back to at least November 7 2011. Therefore, NO email was received from the company.

On Wednesday, Dec 7, I called the company because my daughter never received her wine. I had checked my order # on their website and found that the order was unshipped. Since the promotion date for the USAirways points had long passed, I just decided to cancel the order. Their phone representative told me that

a) the product had been out of stock

b) I had been sent an email saying saying such (NOT TRUEsee above)

c) the order had been automatically cancelled. Note: nothing on their website said out of stock or order cancelled. It did say unshipped.

Imagine my surprise when I did hear again from the company by email less than two days later. At 1:05 a.m. December 9, 2011, an email was sent indicating that my order had been shipped.

How could a cancelled order have been shipped?

I called Wine Insiders early December 9 to ask about this new turn of events. The phone representative was a little unclear about what happened at first, but she said I would still get US Airways points, etc. I told her that Im sorry, that ship had LONG sailed and that I certainly did not want an order that I had been told on Dec 7 had been cancelled. She said she needed to check further. She then called me back at 7:32 a.m. EST Dec 9. She said that the only thing we could do at this point was to have my daughter refuse shipment. I explained that my daughter lived in an apartment building (no doorman), so while my daughter could refuse shipment, I had no idea if anyone else going out the door would take it upon himself to sign for it without her knowledge. She told me she would have Customer Service call me as soon as they got in this a.m

At 9:22 a.m., I received a voice mail on my cell phone (!) from Stephanie from a number that was not receiving return phone calls:

Here is what she said:

The company reserves the right to substitute

The holidays were what screwed this up (like how?)

I had to refuse shipment, and I would not be credited until it was received back in their warehouse (once again, the persons bearing the burden for all companys missteps was the customer making the order and the gift recipient).

I immediately called the 800 number Stephanie listed in the message, was put on hold for a bit, and the associate answering my call (not Stephanie) said that my order HAD BEEN cancelled. She said Stephanie had not read the notes and had misunderstood.

At this point I told this phone associate that I needed verification in WRITING (email) that the order had been cancelled; I reminded her that on Dec 7, a representative told me the order had been cancelled and it certainly had not been. Their phone representative told me that there was no way I could get verification; she told me my order had been cancelled, end of story. When I pressed further, she said there was no possible verification until the system updated on Sunday night.

Here are the points of my official complaint to them ( and yeah, at this point, I wanted to make sure it was documented!!!!!) :

1) I never received notification that the item was out of stock

2) Associate on Dec 7 felt free to lie saying I was sent notification

3) Associate told me on Dec 7 order had been cancelled anyway (apparently NOT)

4) Somehow cancelled order is shipped Dec 9 and its strange that verification of shipping email can get to me, but out of stock/order cancelled email does not.

5) I am told that it doesnt matter if the company screwed up, the burden of responsibility is now on me, the customer, to refuse it so that I get my money back.

6) I receive a phone message from Customer Service that directly contradicts the order of events and seems to contradict my desired outcome and then contradicts my follow-up phone call

7) I then am told to ignore the phone message but trust that the order has been cancelled

Please note:
I have no problem with the fact that they were out of stock. I do almost all of my non-grocery shopping by internet; things are out of stock all the time. I would have had no problem with a timely substitution. But I either receive an email or two or even a phone callor BOTH--when this happens.

I cant ever recall having a cancelled order shipped, either.

Result:
I'm totally rethinking even thinking about Grand Slam 2012.

Not worth it.

I can find a cheap flight run to get the Preferred Miles for far cheaper time and aggravation.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
I had a party at the house tonight and enjoyed the last few bottles I had.
I think I might do that this weekend as i pout not getting my final hit.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:51 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Favorite wines from Wine Insiders?

I enjoyed most of the reds I got the the mixed box, but our favorite was the Longchase Cabernet.

Did anyone else have a favorite?

Anita
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by akp
I enjoyed most of the reds I got the the mixed box, but our favorite was the Longchase Cabernet.

Did anyone else have a favorite?

Anita
I actually liked the Backstory merlot I got.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Same thing here. Once i found out they were out of stock, and my order wasnt going to ship on time for the hit, i canceled it. To my surprise they charged me (higher than the original order!), and shipped it 2 weeks later. It took almost a week to get a hold of someone there that would do the refund. Absolutly horrible customer service. Im definitely avoiding this place next year!

Originally Posted by neuron
You have had a pretty good copy of what I went through. My suggestion is to complain to John of WineInsiders on Facebook -- got more help doing it this way than through their HORRIBLE customer service.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Got my points for my order originally placed on Oct 28... it showed an activity date of Nov 14th... thank goodness this was hit #37 (safety hit). Only 1-800-flowers left to post...
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:45 am

same

Same story here. No email. No out of stock reply. Nada.

Whatever. If you arent doing Wine Insiders in the first week of GS, you shouldnt be doing it. The track record is awful.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I liked that cab too.

I just ordered another "blind" half-case. No miles that I'm aware of...just 6 bottles of wine for $40. They've earned enough credibility with me that I'll bet $7 per bottle that they'll send me something drinkable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.