Wine Insiders

Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
I placed my order and here was the shipping info on the receipt. Not sure why AZ would be such a greater delay (?).

IMPORTANT SHIPPING DETAILS ABOUT DELIVERY TIMES - PLEASE READ!

Due to state laws and regulations, wine delivery shipments will vary. For most orders, please allow 10 - 14 days for delivery (AZ 3-4 wks). Tracking information will be emailed to you when your order has been processed for shipment.
Interestingly enough they have a 24 hour wine consultant hot line. Must get some interesting calls in the middle of the night.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Diamondback
Interestingly enough they have a 24 hour wine consultant hot line. Must get some interesting calls in the middle of the night.
"It's 3am and I can't get to sleep! My toe hurts! My wife is snoring! US Airways is not counting my hits correctly!"

"No, sir, we're a wine hotline, w-i-n-e."

Mike
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeef
"It's 3am and I can't get to sleep! My toe hurts!"
"Sir, you have gout from drinking too much red wine. I recommend that you start drinking Pinot Grigio, stat. How many cases shall I put you down for?"
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I appreciate this separate thread. I want to add that when I last participated in the GS, this was supposed to be one of my hits. Good price - about $10 for two bottles of wine and a bottle opener - so I placed the order. Alas, nothing, not even a charge on my next cc statement. Ended up one hit short of my last four, and out of time to recoup. So, my questions to mikeefe are, was this possibly because this isn't allowed in Massachusetts, and did you try it? Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by mikeef
"It's 3am and I can't get to sleep! My toe hurts! My wife is snoring! US Airways is not counting my hits correctly!"

"No, sir, we're a wine hotline, w-i-n-e."

Mike
Your post made me laugh a hair below spitting my coffee out. The rube in the seat next to me then stared me down.

2 hours until NY and then I can resume my quest for 100K x 2 accounts.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Firewind
I appreciate this separate thread. I want to add that when I last participated in the GS, this was supposed to be one of my hits. Good price - about $10 for two bottles of wine and a bottle opener - so I placed the order. Alas, nothing, not even a charge on my next cc statement. Ended up one hit short of my last four, and out of time to recoup. So, my questions to mikeefe are, was this possibly because this isn't allowed in Massachusetts, and did you try it? Thank you.
Not sure if this has changed from last year but MA is a state where they will ship.

http://www.wineinsiders.com/shippingpolicy.htm
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Diamondback, I guess. Thought it might have been one of our relic Blue Laws. Then it must just be my luck. I was afraid of that... (And thank you again, seriously.)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Firewind
Hadn't even thought of it, to tell you the truth!

Out of town this coming week, let's talk soon.

Mike
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:28 am

Good. And - whoops - just remembered that you don't drink... Sorry.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:41 am

Despite the disclaimer, my order on 9/25 for Arizona was shipped on 9/27 via FedEx. Hopefully this is directly to me and not to a drop-shipment point.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Wow I got my shipping confirmation email yesterday and my wine was delivered today. They still haven't charged my AMEX nor has the hit posted to my DM account.

I'm going to have a fun time drinking it this weekend.

Last edited by Michael El; Sep 29, 2011 at 6:43 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
So does anyone have a confirmed Wine Insiders hit for non-sampler pack purchase?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:59 am

Anyone get the hit for buying the sampler? I ask bcoz the T&C mention subscriptions.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:09 pm

I did order the sampler, but haven't gotten any miles posted yet. The package just arrived Thursday.

I did end up with two of the corkscrews, rather than just one.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by alanh
I did order the sampler, but haven't gotten any miles posted yet. The package just arrived Thursday.

I did end up with two of the corkscrews, rather than just one.
I don't have my points yet, but there's still time. I think the corkscrew was a pretty nice freebie. Anyway, I had a party tonight and the three reds were a hit. I especially liked the zin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.