Office Max [master thread]

Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:57 pm

Makes me wonder if OfficeMax has done this intentionally... and those who already bought may just "buy again" once they "fix" the missing DM field.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Makes me wonder if OfficeMax has done this intentionally... and those who already bought may just "buy again" once they "fix" the missing DM field.
I doubt that it's intentional. I saw several lines in the html code that mention fixes for some bug number. It's very likely these fixes caused the problem. They make money on these small shipments and with probably 10's of thousands or maybe more orders from GS11 that is a lot of money that could be made by Officemax with very little extra marketing effort.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:17 pm

Yeah, officemax gives very few miles. If it were 500 per order of something I might think it is intentional, but the miles they would give on this promo would cost them pennies.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iang000
I doubt that it's intentional. I saw several lines in the html code that mention fixes for some bug number. It's very likely these fixes caused the problem.
That page isn't anything like the original landing page for US referrals (which you can see on archive.org; link posted in the Other Partners thread, as I mentioned here the other day).

The page one lands on today, containing the code comments you reference, appears to be where visitors are redirected when OMX can't parse (or doesn't recognize) the affiliate parameters passed via the URL.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
Throughout the year, I buy office supplies from officemax.com. I click on the officemax link on this page, http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...html#OfficeMax. It always ask me for the DM, my DM shows on the screen and it tells me how miles that I earned for that order. On average, it takes ten (10) days for the mileage credit to show up on my account.
The majority of the discussion in this thread is about the fact that's not working.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Maybe we should all use Camtasia to screen record the actual purchase, then have that as proof to provide to US Airways regarding earning the hit
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Its looking like OM is going to be a writeoff this year. I still have a couple of hits needed to get me the 100K miles. If this is not fixed soon I'll just have to spend a few bucks more and go for another partner hit.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by iang000
Its looking like OM is going to be a writeoff this year. I still have a couple of hits needed to get me the 100K miles. If this is not fixed soon I'll just have to spend a few bucks more and go for another partner hit.
Can't give up yet! I consider this one a potentially free hit, so I can't let it slide without politely escalating the issue at least, as others are, to OM's tech, marketing and/or customer care supervisors. I emailed today, joining the effort.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Reply from DM Gold rep

I received this reply from DM today:

It has come to our attention that the pop-up to enter your Dividend
miles number is not working correctly on their page. This has been
reported but may take a day or two to resolve. We are working with our
partner to fix it as quickly as possible. Please try again in a few
days.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
I received this reply from DM today:

It has come to our attention that the pop-up to enter your Dividend
miles number is not working correctly on their page. This has been
reported but may take a day or two to resolve. We are working with our
partner to fix it as quickly as possible. Please try again in a few
days.
Thanks for the report, that's very, very good to hear. ^
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NewArrival
Thanks for the report, that's very, very good to hear. ^
+1 - thanks to all for contacting Office Max about this!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
This is the latest email I received from Emily at Office Max:

"I have escalated this issue. If you would like to place your order and then
provide me with the order number and your dividend miles account number I will
be sure to forward it to the correct department within US Airways to ensure you receive your miles."
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
I was wondering. next to the Office Max website on USAirways, there is a phone number. Is it possible to call and place an other and provide USAirways # to get credit.. Just a thought, my guess is no.. but who knows?

Just called Office Max .. the answer is NO.. have to go via website

Last edited by eddielam; Sep 21, 2011 at 10:43 am Reason: Answer
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by eddielam
I was wondering. next to the Office Max website on USAirways, there is a phone number. Is it possible to call and place an other and provide USAirways # to get credit.. Just a thought, my guess is no.. but who knows?

Just called Office Max .. the answer is NO.. have to go via website
The answer is NO, I already answered this on the last page.

Originally Posted by belgirl
This is the latest email I received from Emily at Office Max:

"I have escalated this issue. If you would like to place your order and then
provide me with the order number and your dividend miles account number I will
be sure to forward it to the correct department within US Airways to ensure you receive your miles."
So what is his contact information, so we can have our miles processed?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:11 pm

A response from OfficeMax, as others have reported:

"Thank you for your feedback. Our Technical Department is working on this issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us."

I'm ok backing off and waiting now that OM and US are clearly aware of it, and letting them fix, but I'm impatient to order that pen refill; this quill I'm using is about out. Hey, remember longhand writing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.