Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help with the Grand Slam Promo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Need Help with the Grand Slam Promo?

The GS Promo is winding down, and with that come an influx of questions from first-timers, people who are wondering if they can still participate, those wondering how to hit a tier threshold, etc.

Before posting in here or creating a new thread, consider if your question is better-suited to one of the existing master threads - hotel stays, hotel transfers, credit cards, car rentals, netflix, officemax, skymall, shopping mall, or all other partner hits.

Not sure where to post? Read the FAQs below and post your question and someone will be happy to help.

Now for some FAQs:

Is it too late to get started? For the 2011 GS Promo, yes. However it's never too early to start collecting hotel points to transfer, complete e-miles and e-rewards activities, and similar things. If you take advantage of promos and opportunities that come up throughout the year, you can easily complete 11 hits (assuming partners stay the same for GS12).

My miles for X haven't posted yet - should I be worried? Check the relevant master threads above. If you have an account on GSScorecard.com, you can see whether other people who completed an activity before or around the same time as you are still waiting.

The activity date was reported incorrectly (listed as after 11/14) - what do I do? Save copies of all email confirmations that show the true activity date and/or credit card statements showing charges on the true activity date. Contact US Airways Partner Marketing ([email protected]) and request assistance. They may direct you to contact the vendor for assistance.

I need X hits still - what would you suggest? It all depends on your individual circumstance. Post what you've done and how many you need here and someone will make a suggestion. Note that hits tend to become more expensive as you attempt to reach the higher tiers (24+ hits), so those last X hits you need may cost as much or more as the first 15 you completed.

Any vendors to specifically watch out for? Check the other partner hits thread first post for a summary of any issues and the post below for "good" and "bad" partners. As long as the activity date reported to US Airways is 11/14 or earlier, you should be okay. Some vendors use order date as activity date, some use completion date, some use shipping date, and others use delivery date.

Last edited by vysean; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:47 am
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:40 am
Original Poster

"Bad" Partners - These partners are unlikely to credit as a hit unless you have already completed the activity or are substantially complete:
  • All Partners as of 11/15

Scorecard Suggestions - These are suggested options for those starting late and wanting to earn some mileage:
It's too late now to complete any activities for GS11. Start collecting hotel points and completing e-rewards and e-miles activities for next year!

As of 15 November, the promotion is over and no further opportunities exist to earn hits.

Last edited by vysean; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:49 am
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:15 pm

Excellent idea (and, more importantly, execution) in starting this thread.

One suggestion: multiple members have reported -- primarily in Other Partners -- that the 21st century quote (no policy) has been counting as a hit. Apart from getting called relentlessly by people flogging the policy, this is a no-cost hit, and worth consideration by those getting a late start.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beltway
Excellent idea (and, more importantly, execution) in starting this thread.

One suggestion: multiple members have reported -- primarily in Other Partners -- that the 21st century quote (no policy) has been counting as a hit. Apart from getting called relentlessly by people flogging the policy, this is a no-cost hit, and worth consideration by those getting a late start.
Thanks - I've added it as the 5th hit to the first four, since I'm really not sure how to list it given possible concerns over its legitimacy as a hit.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by vysean
Note that hits tend to become more expensive as you attempt to reach the higher tiers (24+ hits), so those last X hits you need may cost as much or more as the first 15 you completed.
I put together a spreadsheet to help people figure out the marginal value of a hit and if it is worth doing. Check this link for details.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Second post updated to reflect realities of 4.5 days left in promo.

As of right now, it's still possible to start from nothing and get 28 hits (although it'll be a lot of work ).

As of the end of day tomorrow (10 Nov), it will only be possible to get 20 hits, and that number will decrease each day by at least one hit threshold.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, United, China Airlines Gold
Need some help here. I just need one more hit!

According to my own excel spreadsheet, I only have 27 hits. However I woke up this morning finding the bonus for the 28 hit. And since I already have some pending hit, I decided to go for the 32 instead.

So these are the ones that have posted:
1-800-FLOWERS BONUS
AUDIENCE REWARDS MILES
BISCOFF GOURMET SNACKS
BUY MILES - POINTS.COM
CHOICE PRIVILEGES MILEAGE AWARDS
CONVERSION: LA QUINTA POINTS EXCHANGE
CONVERSION:BEST WESTERN GOLD CROWN POINT
DIVIDEND MILES TOOLBAR SEARCH BONUS
DM DINING BONUS,Z PIZZA ,COLUMBUS OH
E-MILES MILEAGE TRANSFER
EXCHANGE MILES
FTD.COM PURCHASE
HAWTHORN SUITES BY WYNDHAM,2050 MARKET STREET ,RENO NV ,US ,89502
HAWTHORN SUITES BY WYNDHAM,2050 MARKET STREET ,RENO NV ,US ,89502
OFFICEMAX CREDIT
ONLINE REDEMPTION
SHARE MILES
SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES
SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON
SKYMALL ONLINE PURCHASE
SUPER SHUTTLE CREDIT
TELEFLORA BONUS
THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD
TRACKITBACK.COM WORRY-FREE TRAVEL MILES
US AIRWAYS DEBIT CARD EVERYDAY PURCHASES
US WORLD CARD: FIRST USE BONUS
VINESSE.COM WINE PURCHASE

I have these 3 as pending:
21st Century Auto Insurance
Network Solutions
Netflix

I just need one more hit.. What do you guys suggest? What would be the cheapest hit that's still doable given there's only 4.5 days left.

Since I am not in the country at the moment, I can't do any rental.
I've tried doing SPG but I can't buy any point since the account is only like a month old with no activity.
I do have some HA miles but I won't be able to transfer those to HHonors and to US Dividend Miles in time.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:27 am

Forgot to mention, I did receive an e-Rewards invitation from US Airways a couple days ago with "Get 250 bonus miles for sharing your opinion." I signed up for it as soon as I got it and completed 2 (I think) surveys. Sitting at only $2.25, I don't have enough reward dollars to transfer to US tho.

Would that count be a hit?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Yagle
Forgot to mention, I did receive an e-Rewards invitation from US Airways a couple days ago with "Get 250 bonus miles for sharing your opinion." I signed up for it as soon as I got it and completed 2 (I think) surveys. Sitting at only $2.25, I don't have enough reward dollars to transfer to US tho.

I believe the 250 will transfer actomatically. If it posts with an activity date the same as your sign up (or up to Nov. 14), it should count as a hit.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(

Originally Posted by aglasgow
I believe the 250 will transfer actomatically. If it posts with an activity date the same as your sign up (or up to Nov. 14), it should count as a hit.
Just in case it does not transfer automatically, go to the redemption page and see if a 250 mile transfer is an option for you. When I got one of these some months ago, I think I had to initiate the transfer. If it's not there, try checking your statement and see if it shows a recent transfer (although I suppose it might not show there either).
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Just in case it does not transfer automatically, go to the redemption page and see if a 250 mile transfer is an option for you. When I got one of these some months ago, I think I had to initiate the transfer. If it's not there, try checking your statement and see if it shows a recent transfer (although I suppose it might not show there either).
I just checked, there's no option for 250 miles under the reward section. There's no record of the 250 mile transfer in my statement either. Does that mean I am SOL?? T_T
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:51 am

I just need one more hit.. What do you guys suggest? What would be the cheapest hit that's still doable given there's only 4.5 days left.
Given you've done the cheaper hotel points transfers, I suspect another Reno stay will be cheapest. If you are registered for the US promo, I think you will at least get double miles for the 3rd stay even though you won't get a gift card.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:53 am

I just checked, there's no option for 250 miles under the reward section. There's no record of the 250 mile transfer in my statement either. Does that mean I am SOL?? T_T
Did you search for 250 miles or in the US Airways section? If not in the latter, sorry, I don't know if you are SOL or if the transfer has already happened automatically.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:56 am

Did you search for 250 miles or in the US Airways section? If not in the latter, sorry, I don't know if you are SOL or if the transfer has already happened automatically.
I checked under the US Airways section. There are only three redemption options: $25 for 500, $50 for 1,000, and $100 for 200 miles..
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:00 am

Given you've done the cheaper hotel points transfers, I suspect another Reno stay will be cheapest. If you are registered for the US promo, I think you will at least get double miles for the 3rd stay even though you won't get a gift card.
Yea that's one of the cheaper options on the table for me right now. I might end up doing it just in case the e-Rewards thing doesn't fall through.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.