The 5 Credit Card Hits

Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:18 am
Original Poster

The 5 Credit Card Hits

So there are 5 possible credit card hits. I had the US Airways MasterCard and have since done all of the paperwork for the debit card.

Business MasterCard

Personal Visa

I cannot even find a way to apply for the Visa. When you click apply now you are taken to a paged filled with the Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, etc cards but no US Air Visa option. I can't find the business card anywhere either. I'd like to get at least 4/5 hits. Does anyone have more information?

I also saw this thread because I didn't see anything dedicated to these points.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:56 am

The BofA Visas are no longer open to new customers. Some of the original holders were not transferred to Barclays for some reason, so those are the only ones that can get the Visa hits.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:58 pm

Do BofA Debit card holders get a hit?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by miss bianca
Do BofA Debit card holders get a hit?
Yes - if you have a US Airways BofA debit card (not Alaska Airlines our a non branded BofA debit card). While getting one may be closed to new customers, if you are a current BofA customer you can swap out your current debit card for a US Airways card. I swithched a week or so ago.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:25 pm

Anyone can still get the debit card; it's the personal and business Visa credit cards that are closed to new customers.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: US PP, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Dia, ICH Plat
debit card

here is a link for the debit card......also a 3K mile bonus after 1st use....not much but will make the $30 annual fee hurt a little less.....

http://www.bankofamerica.com/deposit...eckcards_usair

Foy
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by alanh:17109275
Anyone can still get the debit card; it's the personal and business Visa credit cards that are closed to new customers.
Thanx!!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Anybody know if a joint checking account can have 2 debit cards, 1 for each person?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Any idea if there is a minimum for the debit card purchase? I used it for a $.05 purchase today. Can always redo it for a $2 purchase if I need to.

Mike
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Any idea if there is a minimum for the debit card purchase? I used it for a $.05 purchase today. Can always redo it for a $2 purchase if I need to.

Mike
I'm not sure, but I'd assume you need to charge at least $2 in order to earn 1 mile. As with all other hits except for mags for miles, you have to earn miles to get a hit.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by drbobguy
I'm not sure, but I'd assume you need to charge at least $2 in order to earn 1 mile. As with all other hits except for mags for miles, you have to earn miles to get a hit.
Thanks, that's what I belatedly figured.

Are you still planning on doing the Hertz hourly hit? Looking forward to the outcome.

Mike
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Best sign-up bonus for Bank of America US DM Debit Card?

I know there are various promos mentioned in MilesBuzz for the USAirways credit card, but what's the best sign-up offer for the USAirways Bank of America Debit card?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
The only one I am aware of is the debit card with a 3K bonus and a $30 annual fee. My app is currently under review.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Any fee for exchanging non-branded debit card into US Airways version?

I already have an eBanking checking account with BofA and I would like to exchange my current (non-branded) debit card for a US Airways debit card. I am willing to pay the $30 yearly fee but I was wondering if there are any other fees I would have to pay just because my old debit card is not about to expire.

Maybe somebody was in a similar situation and can share his/her experience?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by petzpanz
I already have an eBanking checking account with BofA and I would like to exchange my current (non-branded) debit card for a US Airways debit card. I am willing to pay the $30 yearly fee but I was wondering if there are any other fees I would have to pay just because my old debit card is not about to expire.

Maybe somebody was in a similar situation and can share his/her experience?
I have a BofA checking account and no debit card. I ordered the debit card and the fee is $30 annually. I received the debit card today, went to Whole Foods, and asked the cashier to put $2 on the debit card (so I earn ONE US mile and get a hit) and the rest on my US Mastercard to earn more miles (one-to-one ratio). ^

IMPORTANT: Make sure you use the debit card as a VISA to assure you get the miles. Not sure if you get miles if you use it as a debit card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.