How Many Hits So Far?

Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:25 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by QBK
Thanks tremendously for the rapid and insightful feedback, nabeelj and ExitRowAisle! That's a very good observation (and I read those posts earlier in the month, so I darn well should have remembered that issue!). I've sent email to dmsc, and I'm hoping that it works out (supreme irony will be if they say, "We fixed your Marriott stay but we also noted that your 21st Century quote shouldn't count, so you still have 31, hah!")
To anybody who might care (e.g. the helpful souls quoted above), I got some information back from [email protected]. On Feb. 1, they wrote:

Dear QBK,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We reviewed your Dividend Miles account regarding the Grand Slam Promotion and our records show that you currently have 30 hits.

The Marriott stay on 11/14/11 was coded incorrectly by the partner and was not included in the hit count. This has now been corrected and will be picked up in the next Grand Slam review to be completed in the next day or so.
This came as a bit of a surprise and disappointment to me, since I was shooting for 32 hits. I wrote back and politely asked them to tell me which of the 32 putative hits I'd listed was invalid. Yesterday, I got this:

Dear QBK,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

Yes, the Marriott hotel stay will count as a Grand Slam hit on the next
review, which will be your 32nd hit.
So I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't really understand why the previous message said 30 -- I feel like it should have said "Currently you have 31 hits, and when the Marriott stay is corrected you'll have 32." My best guess is that when they said "30 hits", they meant "The last sweep identified 30 hits"... maybe because Network Solutions posted in January? That still doesn't make complete sense to me (NetSol would have been counted in the 1/22 sweep), so I'm a bit worried that one of my hits is a foul ball, and the last message was just BS to get me out of their hair. Oh well, fingers crossed. 20K miles isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things!

Thanks again to all who helped me!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:22 am

I realise there was a sweep on or around the 22nd January, but can anyone confirm there's been a sweep since then? And also when the next one would be due?

I'm trying to tie up a loose end with Biscoff and I've been promised it'll be resolved in the next sweep.

Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
A sweep last night, for my 40th hit (long overdue). Transaction was dated 12/31, as were the 5000 EQM's, at last putting me over the top for 2012 Chairman's status. Whew.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:37 am
QBK

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
A sweep last night, for my 40th hit (long overdue). Transaction was dated 12/31, as were the 5000 EQM's, at last putting me over the top for 2012 Chairman's status. Whew.
Can anybody else confirm a sweep on Feb. 15/16? Nothing posted for me, and customer service told me last week that I should now have 32 hits... so if there was a sweep, I need to get in touch with them again (sigh).

P.S. Congratulations NJTraveler! That must be a relief.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Originally Posted by QBK
Can anybody else confirm a sweep on Feb. 15/16? Nothing posted for me, and customer service told me last week that I should now have 32 hits... so if there was a sweep, I need to get in touch with them again (sigh).

Thanks. I don't think that it's a coincidence that yesterday I e-mailed the Chairman's Desk regarding the fact that I had not received any notification of 2012 status, and I also explained the situation re: my 40th hit that would put me over the top for Chairman with the 5k EQM's. They may have researched it and "sweeped" my account manually.....
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Originally Posted by QBK

No sweep for either my partner or myself. Time to engage DMSC, again.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:15 am

My loose end was tied up on a sweep made on 16th Feb. Whether that was manual or not I don't know.

All done for GS2011.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by QBK

Two of the remaining accounts I manage had their final sweeps on Feb. 16.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:59 am
QBK

Originally Posted by iantowns
My loose end was tied up on a sweep made on 16th Feb. Whether that was manual or not I don't know.

All done for GS2011.
Originally Posted by via amtrak
Two of the remaining accounts I manage had their final sweeps on Feb. 16.
Okay, sounds like there probably was a sweep on 2/16. And OnAMileHigh and I need to email dmsc again... sigh.

Thanks, all.

Last edited by QBK; Feb 17, 2012 at 9:00 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:05 am

Hi!
I've got last hit posted on Feb 28 but still has received no bonus miles. If the sweep is "every other week", then something went wrong? Or at the moment the sweeps are rare guests?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by antonen
Hi!
I've got last hit posted on Feb 28 but still has received no bonus miles. If the sweep is "every other week", then something went wrong? Or at the moment the sweeps are rare guests?
You don't give much detail, but I'll take a shot at answering.

Not to belabor the obvious, but having a hit (one partner activity) isn't the important criterion; it's having a multiple of 4 hits (a tier).

Let's assume your 2/28 hit put you into a higher tier. In theory, you should have gotten the bonus on 2/28 or 2/29 when the sweep ran. However, it's also possible -- and seems likely in this case -- that the hit just missed US's processing deadline. In that case, you should see the credit when the penultimate sweep runs this week midweek. If that doesn't happen, you should contact US to inquire.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:00 pm

Ok, thank you, I'll wait for this week's sweep.
That will be my 36th hit, so I hope everything is fine with it
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:10 pm

Miles finally posted and now I'm done with the GS-11. Looking forward to the next one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.