How Many Hits So Far?

Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by FOX85
Is there a reason people are avoiding
21st Century Auto Insurance
or
Sentry Insurance

Price Quote
Because those don't count. It's in the rules and in the first post of the "Other Partners" thread.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 1:42 pm

12 hits, 4 posted.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by FOX85
Is there a reason people are avoiding
21st Century Auto Insurance
or
Sentry Insurance

Price Quote
The quote gets you some miles, but no hit. You have to get a policy to get the hit.

HOWEVER, last year I got an auto quote from 21st Century and it turned out that their insurance was $300+ cheaper than my auto insurer at the time. So I got switched to 21st Century, got a hit, and saved over $300 last year. And 21st Century just renewed my policy for almost $100 year less for the next 12 months, too. ^
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:58 pm

I got a quote from 21st Century, but it never asked for my DM#. I have no car in the states but would be willing to insure a rock for a hit.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I got a quote from 21st Century, but it never asked for my DM#. I have no car in the states but would be willing to insure a rock for a hit.
Insuring a car will cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. I wouldn't get the insurance just to get a hit. But if it costs the same or less than your current insurance, go for it.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Insuring a car will cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. I wouldn't get the insurance just to get a hit. But if it costs the same or less than your current insurance, go for it.
Not true at all. My quote was for $75, which is not cheap enough, but I think I can find an even cheaper quote if I spend more than 15 minutes at it.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Not true at all. My quote was for $75, which is not cheap enough, but I think I can find an even cheaper quote if I spend more than 15 minutes at it.
Wow! What were you trying to insure???

Also, keep in mind that they give you 2000 miles if you get a policy, so you could deduct the value of those 2000 miles from the price you'd pay for the policy when determining how much you're actually paying.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Wow! What were you trying to insure???
1980 Toyota Corolla, I mean again I'm willing to buy insurance on a grasshopper or a shovel if it gets me a hit, but about $50 per hit is the most I'm willing to pay.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:23 pm

I also considered switching my mother's abandoned IL home to whatever that energy company is just for the hit, but they say you actually have to use 1kwt of electricity to be an 'active' account.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
How many hits?

24 hits with 4 posted so far. Marriott was the first Hotel transfer to post
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Does Daily Deal count as a hit? You get 500 miles for signing up. Very few cities now (mainly PHX area and CMH area). You get 25 miles per purchase. You don't get the 500 miles til you make a purchase. But there's a $5 Dairy Queen coupon right now. $5 for $10 worth of food at a DQ in Scotsdale. $5 for 525 miles isn't awful.

You also get 500 miles per referral as long as your referral also makes a purchase. This is a brand new one that I just found so wondering if it might count. Doing it regardless because that's not bad for the miles. I'll give it to a client with kids in PHX and make him happy.

If anyone wants to sign up, you can PM me for a referral. If this is against FT TOS, mods please remove referral request.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Does Daily Deal count as a hit?
No. The list of qualifying partner hits is published on the promo rules page, found via a link on the promo registration page.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
What is this Bigfishgames that I see from time to time. I haven't seen that on the list of hits? Am I missing something?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by larrythai
What is this Bigfishgames that I see from time to time. I haven't seen that on the list of hits? Am I missing something?
If you sign up for bigfishgames and purchase soemthing when going through the Choice hotels shopping portal you'll (eventually?) get 1500pts credited to your choice account.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by virtuo0
For Choice privileges min transfer size is 5K

signed up for choice using topguest - 500 bonus
signed up for netflix - 2000 points bonus
new account with bigfishgames and bought a game for $2.99 - 1500 points bonus
remaining 1000 points using topguest checkins
how can you sign up for varioud netflix accts?
can you cancel it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.