Official start time?

Subscribe
I suppose midnight, but for which time zone?
USAirways typically uses an Arizona time zone calendar.

I would think that's the right time.

I'm inclined not to start any activity until Thursday, but to each his or her own.
Quote: I'm inclined not to start any activity until Thursday, but to each his or her own.
I too would think US operates on a Arizona time calendar but the partners each have their own quirks and the transmitted activity date is what matters.

I have 6-8 hits I could complete out of the gate tomorrow but the first sweep isn't for 2 weeks after tomorrow so there is no benefit to doing so with significant potential for negative consequences. Thursday will be a productive day online followed by a travel weekend.
I want to buy / gift miles and recieve a hit with the current 100% promo but have no idea when the GS starts.
How many hours from now?
Quote: I suppose midnight, but for which time zone?
You can't wait for the promo to start either, huh?
I am in currently in the Far East where it is already the 14th.
I can't sleep (due to jet lag) so it would really be great for me to do all the on-line hits now and not be busy when I get back to work.
But I don't think I can risk it until the 14th in AZ
Quote: I am in currently in the Far East where it is already the 14th.
I can't sleep (due to jet lag) so it would really be great for me to do all the on-line hits now and not be busy when I get back to work.
But I don't think I can risk it until the 14th in AZ
I would wait until Thursday as was mentioned above.
Quote: I want to buy / gift miles and recieve a hit with the current 100% promo but have no idea when the GS starts.
How many hours from now?
The bonus lasts for another 2 days. What's the rush?

The best guess is that the US promo will start about 12 hours from now. Why not wait 36 and do your purchase on September 15 and not fret.
Why to wait for the 15th when it starts on the 14th?
I will do all "free" hits on the 14th
Quote: Why to wait for the 15th when it starts on the 14th?
I will do all "free" hits on the 14th
Because it costs you absolutely nothing to wait. The bonus miles will post in two weeks whether you do it on the 14th or the 15th.

There is zero downside to waiting, except I suppose some modicum of psychic satisfaction if you're hugely impatient.

By contrast, there is potential downside to diving in too early, given potential uncertainty about when exactly the promotion will start and what kind of clock partners are using to report transaction date. Last year it was only a problem with one partner, if I recall. The year before, it was a bigger problem with some of the partners posting a day earlier on transactions.

If you have a car rental tomorrow, I can understand. If you're just impatient about getting the free hits that can be posted at any time, well, best of luck. I hope it works out for you. It probably will.
Have we started finding the cheapest hotel stays, car rentals, shoppping mall purchases etc. for the GS promo? I can't seem to find it as a list anywhere. If someone can point to the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
Quote: Have we started finding the cheapest hotel stays, car rentals, shoppping mall purchases etc. for the GS promo? I can't seem to find it as a list anywhere. If someone can point to the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
look here : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17020199-post1.html
Quote: look here : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17020199-post1.html
Thank you. Much appreciated.
The other promo that is only available on the 14th is the restaurant.com 80% off discount. It's only on until the 14th. The code is SAVE. I will definitely do this one on the 14th. If it doesn't work out all I lost is $1 and I plan to even use the discount cert so it's not even a loss.
Quote: The other promo that is only available on the 14th is the restaurant.com 80% off discount. It's only on until the 14th. The code is SAVE. I will definitely do this one on the 14th. If it doesn't work out all I lost is $1 and I plan to even use the discount cert so it's not even a loss.
I'm still going to wait on this one as restaurant.com always has coupons out there for 70-90%. From past experience it's a hassle to deal with partners posting early.