Wiki Posts
Search

Two newbie questions!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Two newbie questions!

Hey all!

First time trying the GS promotion; but I'm excited to get started. Two very simple newbie questions that I'm sure are posted somewhere, I just can't find answers to!

1) How do you know you've been signed up? No email gets sent out or there's no place on USAir that keeps track of your hits, right? It just says:

"You have successfully registered for this promotion. Thank you for choosing US Airways." on the same page that you register on...and that's it? And then points start to post in two weeks and thats when you know how many hits you've gotten thus far?

Just want to make sure i'm actually IN before I start buying a bunch of random crap.

2) I'm in Europe at the moment, and my US Air credit card is at home - in order to get points for the partner purchases (cookies, etc.), they can be made using any CC, doesn't have to be a US Air branded one, right?

Thanks again for such a kick ... community...excited to start cracking a few singles ASAP.

-Steve
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by StevoVandy06
Hey all!

First time trying the GS promotion; but I'm excited to get started. Two very simple newbie questions that I'm sure are posted somewhere, I just can't find answers to!

1) How do you know you've been signed up? No email gets sent out or there's no place on USAir that keeps track of your hits, right? It just says:

"You have successfully registered for this promotion. Thank you for choosing US Airways." on the same page that you register on...and that's it? And then points start to post in two weeks and thats when you know how many hits you've gotten thus far?

Just want to make sure i'm actually IN before I start buying a bunch of random crap.
You should be getting an email confirming your registration, if you haven't got one check your mailbox spam folder.

2) I'm in Europe at the moment, and my US Air credit card is at home - in order to get points for the partner purchases (cookies, etc.), they can be made using any CC, doesn't have to be a US Air branded one, right?

Thanks again for such a kick ... community...excited to start cracking a few singles ASAP.

-Steve
Not necessary to use the US Air ones but the credit cards have their own "hits" too so it's better to use the branded ones but not necessary.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

hmmm, any idea what the email address is that the confirmation should be coming from? nothing popping up in my email...

i'll be home next week, so I can use the card then to get one hit, and will try to use for more points as well.

thank you!

-S
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

NM, just called them on the phone and she said "yes you are confirmed to be enrolled," but she couldn't send an email confirmation...

sufficient? or should i get some sort of proof?

thanks again guys!

-S
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by StevoVandy06
NM, just called them on the phone and she said "yes you are confirmed to be enrolled," but she couldn't send an email confirmation...

sufficient? or should i get some sort of proof?

thanks again guys!

-S
Do a fake registration again. It will come up saying you're registered. Then take a screen shot of it.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.