Netflix

Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Oh well, one more rental car churn this weekend. I was hoping to keep my rental for the weekend, but not now.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Stubtify
I have no reason to believe I will now be getting these miles. I haven't seen mine post, and today would have been the absolute lastest I think they could post. There goes a free hit... oh well, that probably cements me at sticking to just 12 hits this year.
Originally Posted by V60t
I just got off the phone with netflix. I signed up for the referral with the same name, new credit card, new email address.

They told me that my netflix IP address and usage pattern was the same as <my name> and since this is a duplicate sign up I will not be getting the points.

Now to scramble for a last minute hit. Yikes.

Account 1: My account was set up on 9/26 with a new credit card, new email, and a new name...we activated the account using the same IP address that we had previously used for the recently cancelled account in DH's name. MIles posted fine on 11/2.

Account 2: Set DH up with a new account on 10/8, It has not been activated yet as we plan to gift this one, so it is not associated with an IP address yet. New credit card, new email, same last name but using only the initial for the first name. We have not received the miles yet, but I was not expecting them until Nov. 14th or 15th.

The credit card billing address is the same for both new accounts and for the one we cancelled.

Who thinks we are safe for account #2? We have enjoyed Netflix for years but have never reaped the benefit of a mile bonus from them.

*We did receive a "welcome" email vs "welcome back".

Last edited by aglasgow; Nov 7, 2011 at 8:07 pm Reason: addition
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I think I'm just going to call Netflix tomorrow and ask when I can expect the miles the post. If they say it's eligible, I can take the rep at their word and trust it will hit. If they say it's not, I'll cancel the account and get a hotel transfer hit for around the same price.

I'm one of those people who likes Netflix but doesn't really miss it that much when it's not around ...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:46 am

Update!

Miles posted today! I feel like Christmas came early!

I use the same IPs, signed up with new email, and also with a slightly different name. Have never used my DM number before for netflix promo. Signed up on 10/3, billing hit on 11/2. Miles posted 11/8

My suggestion is do not call. It can only make things worse, as a person looking at your account will likely see things that their filter misses!

Last edited by Stubtify; Nov 8, 2011 at 9:52 am
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Stubtify
Update!

Miles posted today! I feel like Christmas came early! ^Awesome!

I use the same IPs, signed up with new email, and also with a slightly different name. Have never used my DM number before for netflix promo.

My suggestion is do not call. It can only make things worse, as a person looking at your account will likely see things that their filter misses! Agree with this one.
What was your activity date? Still no post for our second account with an activity date of 10/8.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:58 am

If you signed up on 10/8 you won't see any miles yet. They need to end the 1 month "free" trial, and charge your card. Today/Tomorrow should see a charge on your card and the start of your first paid month. The miles should post soon after, with the correct activity date of 10/8.

I've edited my post to include my dates.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:54 pm

I am a little worry about my Netflix hit. Shows pending charge today. I used my nick name (first name), same last name, different credit card number and email address but same IP address.

Would I see it before November 13th? If not, I better do a hotel stay.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
I am a little worry about my Netflix hit. Shows pending charge today. I used my nick name (first name), same last name, different credit card number and email address but same IP address.

Would I see it before November 13th? If not, I better do a hotel stay.
Even if it doesn't come off pending before the 13th, according to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17367501-post14.html , the activity date is the original order date and not the billing date, so you should be fine even if it posts way after.

By the way, has any Canadian got US Airways 1,500 Bonus miles posted with the Netflix signup? Any other offer with higher miles? With United there appears to be a 2,500 miles signup bonus so hoping someone might know of a higher signup for US.

Last edited by TorontoSingh; Nov 10, 2011 at 5:11 pm
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Last minute Netflix signup for the 32nd hit. The confirmation page doesn't mention anything about miles and my phone call, now going on 30 minutes, isn't helping out much.

They keep asking me for a 'promotion code'.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
The confirmation page doesn't mention anything about miles and my phone call, now going on 30 minutes, isn't helping out much.
I don't think it does/will. As long as you were prompted for it on the very first page you should be good. There are some hidden values being passed along between the various forms that presumably track back to the FF# you enter on the first page.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by vysean
I don't think it does/will. As long as you were prompted for it on the very first page you should be good. There are some hidden values being passed along between the various forms that presumably track back to the FF# you enter on the first page.
In normal times i wouldn't have bothered. The last day of GS 'ain't no normal times'.

Called back an hour later and within 5 minutes it was verified that all info was properly recorded. Only two problem children left.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:00 pm

What day of the week does Netflix post?
My credit card was charged on November 9, 2011.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I just did NEtflix this morning for last minute safety hit. Wasnt eligible for promo (from cancelled account from last year), so card was charged today. I also did a SPG transfer as a back up safety hit. I am worried about 21st century, and points.com which is "under review"
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:24 pm

Riversair- I don't think you will receive anything from Netflix. If you are charged right away, it means you are not a new customer. Hopefully you don't need a safety hit.
You should receive the hit for points.com. mine was under review for over a week.

Last edited by metoo; Nov 14, 2011 at 8:16 pm
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
After you enter your DM account, it will redirect you to Netflix to sign up for a trial offer. The US Airways logo will remain at the top right corner.
The GS is over but for future reference, one way to know for sure if you signed up correctly is to call Netflix and ask them what promotion did you sign up under. I did it and they were able to quickly tell it was a US Airways promotion.
Also, the company that runs the referral or loyalty program for Netflix is the same for all the airlines: DBG. At the bottom of the first page where you enter your FF, there are a few small links at the bottom of the page in case you have problems signing up or need to contact them.

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.