E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by skitch23
Not sure if this is still available to any of you like it was for me, but you can download a free 30-day trial of Adobe Connect thru e-miles and get 500 miles. I signed up on 8/28 and my miles posted today. Now I'm all set for GS!
Hmmm. I signed up for the free trial on 27 Aug, and I still have no miles from Adobe Connect. Bummer.
Did you do anything special with the free trial? I just poked around a bit on the site, but didn't really accomplish anything with Adobe Connect. I'm wondering if maybe I was supposed to do something specific with the trial to get the miles.

(We use it at work and it is pretty handy, btw.)
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Alumino
Did you do anything special with the free trial?
I signed up and logged in only once. It looked pretty nifty, but unfortunately my company is pretty lame when it comes to trying new/useful things.

I read somewhere on E-miles' T&C's that miles post in 10 business days. I emailed them over the weekend saying it had been 10 days, but no miles...they responded back saying it would take up to a month to verify, yet by the time I got home the miles were deposited. I'm still waiting on the miles to post to my mom's account, so I'm thinking that it was the email to e-miles that may have sped things along.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I was offered The Economist, 12 issues for $12, and 300 emile points, which is a really good price.

When i went back to purchase it the offer had disappeared.
Check again. Mine disappeared too, but this afternoon it was there again!

Last edited by Gamecock; Sep 14, 2011 at 9:00 am
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
For those that are just starting off with e-rewards. I did a search in my inbox and found an email from last year with the invite link. Started my surveys on 8/16 and within the last 2 weeks I'm up to 30 dollars. Most of the money came during the last week or so. I would recommend to take the survey as soon as possible and at the end you may get another survey on top of that. The only frustrating part with e-rewards is that most of the surveys might be flash based because when I use my iphone it comes back that the device is not supported. I had to use an android phone and it worked fine. Other times I had to wait until I got home and then it would be too late.

Last edited by rookie10; Sep 13, 2011 at 8:43 pm
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Check again. Mine disappeared too, but this afternoon it just it was there again!
Indeed it did reappear.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
they usually just shift into the recently viewed offers section below.

i understand redemption is in 500miles increments but what is the quartely limit?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
HELP!!!!no USAIR as a reward

just went on the redeem my $25 into usair miles and usair is not listed as a partner. is anyone else seeing this?

delta, some hotels, and stores but NO usair. it was there last week.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by pointsjunkie53
just went on the redeem my $25 into usair miles and usair is not listed as a partner. is anyone else seeing this?

delta, some hotels, and stores but NO usair. it was there last week.
In my accounts that had US Airways as a partner, it still shows (and I still don't have $25).

Are you sure you're in the right account?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:42 am

Invites have different redemption options depending on who the inviting sponsor was. If you have Delta, it was probably from Delta and won't include any competing airlines.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:09 pm

I just realized I don't have US Airways on my erewards. Can I transfer it to a Hilton and then turn Hilton into US Air miles for a hit?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by miss bianca
I just realized I don't have US Airways on my erewards. Can I transfer it to a Hilton and then turn Hilton into US Air miles for a hit?
Yes, just make sure you will have sufficient points in Hilton for the Hilton to US transfer to qualify as a hit.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by miss bianca
You will need 10,000 Hilton points for a transfer to US to get a hit. (850 miles, a horrible redemption otherwise.)

I believe the most Hilton points you can get from e-rewards for a single transfer is 7,000 (for $100 in erewards currency). I believe you can only do this once per quarter, so if you don't already have 3,000 Hilton, I'm not sure this is going to do it for you. It's also an awful lot of e-rewards currency.

Note that even if you get to 10,000, you will only get one hit -- for a hotel transfer. You won't get the erewards hit.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:32 pm

I can do an erewards hit for someone that can get me a carlson or wyndham hit.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:31 pm

How long does it take to start getting pestered with e-miles opportunities?

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Sep 14, 2011 at 11:47 pm
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
sorry if this is a repeat, but i only had 365 miles in my e-miles that would allow a transfer to US. I saw an offer for Adobe Connect that gives 500 miles for a free trial. There was no credit card info needed.. just sign up and make sure the email used is the same as the one tied to your e-miles account. seems like an easy hit if you have this offer available to you thru e-miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.