E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:47 pm

Has anyone checked their Erewards partner recently. I have had the same erewards account when I played the GS last year. Today I checked and I don't see U.S. Airways as one of the transfer partners.

What happened? Why is it missing?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by metoo
What happened? Why is it missing?
Who sent you the invitation originally? Usually if it's a particular airline, you will only see that airline as a redemption partner. Sometimes, in the past, people saw all the airlines anyway. A while back that changed for some people.

Also, occasionally a transfer partner disappears for a little while and comes back.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by louie-m
Every 90 days, not calendar quarter, so unlike say Choice, you will only be able to make 2 transfers to Hilton before GS (if there is one and at the same time as last year) ends even if you start now.

Choice is every calendar quarter, so you could in theory do one now, one in Q3 and one in Q4.

US Airways is once every 30 days.

Club Carlson is once every calendar quarter, as is La Quinta.

There is no limit on Priority Club transfers.

Any others?
Just to confirm so I don't screw this up - assuming there is a GS12 and Choice hotel transfer is a hit, I could do a $100 Erewards redemption to get me over 5K Choice points and then do my Choice transfer and also do the standard Erewards -> US Air hit with no timing concerns?

If it might be an issue, I could go ahead an do the Erewards -> Choice conversion now and just wait on the Choice -> US til GS12 starts, but I'd prefer to hold off in case GS 12 or the Choice hit don't happen.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by dukerau
Just to confirm so I don't screw this up - assuming there is a GS12 and Choice hotel transfer is a hit, I could do a $100 Erewards redemption to get me over 5K Choice points and then do my Choice transfer and also do the standard Erewards -> US Air hit with no timing concerns?
No problem at all.

If it might be an issue, I could go ahead an do the Erewards -> Choice conversion now and just wait on the Choice -> US til GS12 starts, but I'd prefer to hold off in case GS 12 or the Choice hit don't happen.
I think you mean Erewards -> US Air not Choice -> US in the latter part of this para, but anyway, there's no need.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Different partners don't create transfer exclusions. You can transfer to any number of partners on the same day so long as you have the erewards $ available.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by louie-m
No problem at all.

I think you mean Erewards -> US Air not Choice -> US in the latter part of this para, but anyway, there's no need.
I meant what I typed - having the needed Choice points thanks to Erewards, I would do a Choice -> US transfer after GS12 begins (in addition to the Erewards -> US transfer you're alluding to). Glad to know I can just hold off on all of it until September. Thanks to you and dsquared37 for the help!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Redemption advice appreciated...

I was holding on to $150+ e-rewards to pad a hotel program for just enough miles for a hit in the GS2012 that didn't happen. What is more valuable in this scenario: 165K+ in DM account and 17K in HH. I plan to keep $25 just in case... Should I go for the 7K HH or the USDM? Thanks. Still keeping my fingers crossed for another awesome promo from US in the not to distant future but need to transfer out to avoid loss of reward dollars.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by aglasgow
Should I go for the 7K HH or the USDM?
7K HH is definitely more valuable in this situation, but it depends on which you want more: a hotel night in the near future or a flight in sight? If neither is in the works right away and you're just as likely to want a hotel as you would a tiny step closer to USDM travel, go HH. Better bang for your e-Rewards buck.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by NewArrival
7K HH is definitely more valuable in this situation, but it depends on which you want more: a hotel night in the near future or a flight in sight? If neither is in the works right away and you're just as likely to want a hotel as you would a tiny step closer to USDM travel, go HH. Better bang for your e-Rewards buck.
Thanks! No imminent travel plans; I'll go with HH.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:46 pm

Are there any other good promotions (with any airline) involving erewards or emiles, or is it best to just cash them out for what we value most.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:51 pm

Just a reminder -- if you signed up for e-Rewards for the GS last year, any e-Rewards you've been collecting will be subject to expiration at the end of October. Be sure to redeem it before then.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Far too many
One possible use for orphaned e-miles and e-rewards: keeping expiring accounts alive. I just used some to extend the life of some Virgin Elevate points that I would have had to jump through hoops for otherwise.

Make sure there is enough time for them to credit before expiration.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:55 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Got an e-mail from e-miles the other day. I'd been keeping my account alive for a while after the last GS then stopped to wait it out.

The e-mail was an alert that my expiration date was approaching but if I completed a certain number of offers during the month, the expiration would be extended and they'd give a bonus to the account. Also additional bonuses for the next two months for completing offers.

Wife got a similar e-mail but the specifics were different #'s.

It's enough that I can hit another 500 mile threshold and close out again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.