E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by travelkid
Did last year with e-rewards.
Thanks. We'll talk when the promo gets started.

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
For emails, I was able to do it in about a week, then again, I did take advantage of the emiles The Economist offer. Was $12 for 12 weeks or issues. Its not bad at all.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by Alumino
I checked with friends of mine who have signed up for E-Rewards via invitations from various partner companies:
Via E-Miles: US Airways WAS NOT a redemption option.
Via Emirates: US Airways WAS NOT a redemption option.
Via IC Hotels or Hilton: US Airways WAS a redemption option.
/U][/B]
Thanks for this info. I suspected e-miles would not have USAirways as a redemption partner.

Everyone's experience with these programs differs. Some get lots of offers and surveys from Day 1; others seldom get any.

My experience:
E-Miles is eminently do-able in even a short time period!
If you signup just by visiting the home page, you (currently) get 275 bonus points. That's over half of what you need. In two months it should not be difficult to get 225 points. Most offers are for 5 points to just look at them, and many offer an extra 10 for just printing a coupon or signing up on a mailing list. I would say you can ABSOLUTELY get a hit from E-Miles if you want it... especially if you start today!
In a pinch, you can get 100 or more if you are willing to pony up $8 (VistaPrint) or even 300 if you sign up for 16 issues of the Economist ($16?)

E-Rewards can be harder, I admit. But if you check for surveys twice a day and complete them immediately, you can do OK. I average about $18/month when I am actively seeking out surveys and finishing them right away. A lot depends on what type of "surveyee" they are looking for and whether you fit the bill (age, gender, race, zip code, income level, hobbies, etc.) I wouldn't necessarily COUNT on getting this hit, but I'd say it is worth a shot. During last year's GS, over the course of 2 months I earned $51. I got one survey that was $20 by itself! I was getting $2.50 magazine surveys every few days. So don't give up hope.

Again, YYMV. Perhaps I have just been very lucky with E-Rewards.
Originally Posted by mikeef
Agreed on both points. eMiles should be a cinch. With the bonus points to start you off, not to mention all of the eMiles that should be there waiting for you, you'll have no problem.

eRewards is a crap shoot. You'll need to get lucky on a couple of surveys but, if you do, you should be able to hit $25 without too much difficulty.

Mike
I agree with both above posters about new signups for e-miles now being an easy hit, and e-rewards being more variable. I signed up for a new e-miles account with USAirways at some point in July, only did the profile surveys and the basic 5 point surveys where you just answer three questions, and reached 500 points today.

I've done e-rewards for several years, so I can't remember if I got more opportunities when I first joined, but I found there is a lot of variability in the number of surveys I get, and the number I can complete for full credit.

I still think it is a good idea for people to join e-rewards just before or during GS 2011, because if nothing else, it will allow you to build up for GS 2012. I can't remember if this was mentioned before, but e-rewards general rules requires members to use 75% of their accumulated points a month after the end of their membership year, which is based on when someone joins. The last couple of years, they have waived the expiration for me (and others), but otherwise, this would be an issue for me since my membership year ends July 31.

Originally Posted by craz
Emiles is easier but as it was posted youd have to sign up for all those SPAM stuff and maybe even purchase something in order to be sure you get the pts in time as well
As stated above, that was not my experience with a new e-miles account, but I get very few offers for an old e-miles account (different sponsor). I only have 300+ points since the beginning of the year.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
So I looked through my old emails and fold Continental, Delta and AirTrain LOL everyone except US Air. I think I signed up for e-rewards through e-miles. Anyway to get an invite that will include US?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by MJLouise
So I looked through my old emails and fold Continental, Delta and AirTrain LOL everyone except US Air. I think I signed up for e-rewards through e-miles. Anyway to get an invite that will include US?
Try enrolling in IHG Priority Club as invites from them will include US Air.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by mhen
Try enrolling in IHG Priority Club as invites from them will include US Air.
Hilton also works (or at least did earlier this year).
Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:16 pm

I found a Hilton e-Rewards invite from a few weeks ago, and was able to successfully sign up. It does offer US as a redemption partner. The initial surveys got me $4.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 5:24 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
E-Rewards and E-Miles: How To Earn Two (2) Grand Slam Hits

BASIC PROCESS FOR EARNING ONE GRAND SLAM HIT via E-MILES:
1. Enroll as an e-Miles Member: You may...
--Sign-up for a new account at a different e-mail address
Q: US Airways is not showing me any love… what other program sponsors are there?

(Note: This is the first time I started a thread. My goal was to fully explain the E-Rewards and E-Miles GS Hits, so that Flyer Talkers could spend their valuable time on the other, trickier GS Hits. I will do my best to update this message to keep it current and relevant.)
Thanks for this info.
I joined emiles - oh the waste of time! but the lure of a "hit" kept it going
On searching my old email, I also found that I WAS sponsored by US for erewards (in 2008!!!) the link was gone
Anyway even one is enough - a perfect waste of a good afternoon for a good cause.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:09 am

From my newb experience:

I signed up for emiles early through Alaska Airlines. I'm hoping to be able to switch over my 400+ points to DM via a sponsor change. I hope it is possible since I don't live in a big AS region. I'm gonna ask really nicely. Fingers crossed.

I sifted through some old emails when this thread started and found an HHonors invite to e-rewards, which according to this forum should be solid. Joined and got $4 off the bat (as others have posted). Not sure if I will be able to get anywhere close to $25, since there have not been any new offers since my initial sign up. They do keep coming, right?

Anyone else out there with similar experiences?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by Middlebeiz
From my newb experience:

I signed up for emiles early through Alaska Airlines. I'm hoping to be able to switch over my 400+ points to DM via a sponsor change. I hope it is possible since I don't live in a big AS region. I'm gonna ask really nicely. Fingers crossed.
Please let me know how that turns out and I'll update the OP accordingly.

One thing you might consider, though, is that a person can just go to the e-miles website (no referral needed) and sign up. A person can then pick US Airways as his or her earning partner. The signup bonuses and the initial set of offers should net you 305 points total right off the bat.
(Note: The e-miles rules say that you can only have one account per person)

I sifted through some old emails when this thread started and found an HHonors invite to e-rewards, which according to this forum should be solid.
Just to be sure, you can check by logging into your account and clicking on the "Rewards" tab up top. You should see a list of all the participating Sponsors -- hopefully you'll see "US Airways: Earn and redeem miles to over 1,100 destinations with Dividend Miles". Then you know you're good.

Not sure if I will be able to get anywhere close to $25, since there have not been any new offers since my initial sign up. They do keep coming, right?
Everyone has a different experience, but yeah... they'll keep coming. Sometimes you'll go a week with nothing. Sometimes you'll get 3 in a day. Sometimes you'll earn $10 in one shot. Sometimes you'll go a week and only get $0.75. You just have to keep plugging away.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:33 pm

Sigh. I've gotten a lot of good survey offers but 75% of the time it tells me I paused the survey and can't retake it.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
e miles im doing but im not getting any invite at all to e rewards.
can anyone tell me how i can get this
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
e miles im doing but im not getting any invite at all to e rewards.
can anyone tell me how i can get this
There's only so much anyone can do. E-rewards invitations are hit or miss. But here's a strategy that worked once, according to a friend/coworker. Open a new HHonors account online. Call Hilton and say you just joined and you're excited to get started and incidentally you haven't received the e-Rewards invite you thought you'd get upon HHonors enrollment. They'll say it's not in their control, but ask if they or a supervisor can at least find out from e-Rewards if they'd consider inviting you. This is a long shot. But in the case I know of, the invitation appeared the next day or two. YMMV. I'd imagine this might work only, if at all, for first-time HHonors members. And maybe the timing was coincidental.

Last edited by NewArrival; Aug 30, 2011 at 3:27 pm Reason: wording fix
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I got an invitation to e-rewards through US airways that states 500 miles for just enrolling!!

I'm thinking of singing up after the GS starts in hope to make the hit directly!! Any thoughts/advice?? Do you think that it will work??

Thanx in advance!!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
I got an invitation to e-rewards through US airways that states 500 miles for just enrolling!!

I'm thinking of singing up after the GS starts in hope to make the hit directly!! Any thoughts/advice?? Do you think that it will work??

Thanx in advance!!
If I remember right you will have to redeem that on the erewards site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.