E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by needtoescape
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if USAirways is an e-rewards redemption option for someone who signs up for e-rewards through e-miles.
I checked with friends of mine who have signed up for E-Rewards via invitations from various partner companies:
Via E-Miles: US Airways WAS NOT a redemption option.
Via Emirates: US Airways WAS NOT a redemption option.
Via IC Hotels or Hilton: US Airways WAS a redemption option.

So, according to my data points... try to get a hotel to invite you, or US Airways directly
E-Miles = NO
Emirates = NO
IHG PriorityClub = YES
Hilton HHonors = YES

Last edited by Alumino; Aug 26, 2011 at 6:46 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
I agree with the above poster, US Airways is not a possible award redemption if you didnt register under the US Airways invite.

On a positive note... I've been a member for about a year now and am making about $25 (500 skymiles) every other month. Does take up alot of time but heck, nothing else better to do at work.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Just to clarify that you do not have to be a US citizen at least for e-rewards. At least Germany and I think the UK also can participate on e-rewards via invitation. Maybe worth updating in the first post.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mora
Just to clarify that you do not have to be a US citizen at least for e-rewards. At least Germany and I think the UK also can participate on e-rewards via invitation. Maybe worth updating in the first post.
Done!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:57 am
Suspended

In most cases if you are NOT already a member of either e-miles or erewards then the chances of you being able to get to the 1st cash out level in time for this yrs GS is very doubtful!

both of these companys dont send you a ton of emails they arent MYPoints, so I wouldnt consider either a sure Hit unless you already are close to the 1st cash out level
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
In most cases if you are NOT already a member of either e-miles or erewards then the chances of you being able to get to the 1st cash out level in time for this yrs GS is very doubtful!
Everyone's experience with these programs differs. Some get lots of offers and surveys from Day 1; others seldom get any.

My experience:
E-Miles is eminently do-able in even a short time period!
If you signup just by visiting the home page, you (currently) get 275 bonus points. That's over half of what you need. In two months it should not be difficult to get 225 points. Most offers are for 5 points to just look at them, and many offer an extra 10 for just printing a coupon or signing up on a mailing list. I would say you can ABSOLUTELY get a hit from E-Miles if you want it... especially if you start today!
In a pinch, you can get 100 or more if you are willing to pony up $8 (VistaPrint) or even 300 if you sign up for 16 issues of the Economist ($16?)

E-Rewards can be harder, I admit. But if you check for surveys twice a day and complete them immediately, you can do OK. I average about $18/month when I am actively seeking out surveys and finishing them right away. A lot depends on what type of "surveyee" they are looking for and whether you fit the bill (age, gender, race, zip code, income level, hobbies, etc.) I wouldn't necessarily COUNT on getting this hit, but I'd say it is worth a shot. During last year's GS, over the course of 2 months I earned $51. I got one survey that was $20 by itself! I was getting $2.50 magazine surveys every few days. So don't give up hope.

Again, YYMV. Perhaps I have just been very lucky with E-Rewards.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Alumino
Everyone's experience with these programs differs. Some get lots of offers and surveys from Day 1; others seldom get any.

My experience:
E-Miles is eminently do-able in even a short time period!
If you signup just by visiting the home page, you (currently) get 275 bonus points. That's over half of what you need. In two months it should not be difficult to get 225 points. Most offers are for 5 points to just look at them, and many offer an extra 10 for just printing a coupon or signing up on a mailing list. I would say you can ABSOLUTELY get a hit from E-Miles if you want it... especially if you start today!
In a pinch, you can get 100 or more if you are willing to pony up $8 (VistaPrint) or even 300 if you sign up for 16 issues of the Economist ($16?)

E-Rewards can be harder, I admit. But if you check for surveys twice a day and complete them immediately, you can do OK. I average about $18/month when I am actively seeking out surveys and finishing them right away. A lot depends on what type of "surveyee" they are looking for and whether you fit the bill (age, gender, race, zip code, income level, hobbies, etc.) I wouldn't necessarily COUNT on getting this hit, but I'd say it is worth a shot. During last year's GS, over the course of 2 months I earned $51. I got one survey that was $20 by itself! I was getting $2.50 magazine surveys every few days. So don't give up hope.

Again, YYMV. Perhaps I have just been very lucky with E-Rewards.
Agreed on both points. eMiles should be a cinch. With the bonus points to start you off, not to mention all of the eMiles that should be there waiting for you, you'll have no problem.

eRewards is a crap shoot. You'll need to get lucky on a couple of surveys but, if you do, you should be able to hit $25 without too much difficulty.

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I for one need e-rewards hits, so just a reminder; post your trading details like this;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupo...5k-pc-etc.html

on Coupon Connection^
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:29 am

I've been a member of e-rewards for a couple of years. US Airways miles is in my list of redemption options, even though I did not sign up with US Airways. I think I was invited by bmi diamond club. I am in Canada, and e-rewards work fine. I am getting about $10-$20 worth of surveys per month.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by travelkid
I for one need e-rewards hits, so just a reminder; post your trading details like this;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupo...5k-pc-etc.html

on Coupon Connection^
Can you explain to a Grand Slam Virgin why you are seeking multiples of this? Is it for friends/family or is there a way to use more than one of these, indirectly, for additional hits? Thanks.

xlax
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xlax
Can you explain to a Grand Slam Virgin why you are seeking multiples of this? Is it for friends/family or is there a way to use more than one of these, indirectly, for additional hits? Thanks.

xlax
Only one per GS/US acct. The whole family needs- most not US residents, so not eligible. Thats why I/they rather help out with hotel transfers etc.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:12 am

I just signed up for e-miles, and got a total of 290 points for signing up and completing various welcome/informational surveys.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by travelkid
Only one per GS/US acct. The whole family needs- most not US residents, so not eligible. Thats why I/they rather help out with hotel transfers etc.
Can you transfer to someone else's account?

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeef
Can you transfer to someone else's account?

Mike
Did last year with e-rewards.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by echino
I am in I am getting about $10-$20 worth of surveys per month.

Dont get near that amount, and unlike yrs ago when the min was $1 most today only pay .25 if you arent accepted. so if a person doesnt fit into what is considered the Prime Target group it can be very hard to get to the $25 mark in time

Its not a slam dunk and thats all I was trying to say. Emiles is easier but as it was posted youd have to sign up for all those SPAM stuff and maybe even purchase something in order to be sure you get the pts in time as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.