DM shopping mall [master thread]

Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:32 am

I got my Home Depot purchase posted for an in-store pickup. This was for a portable air conditioner that I needed, hence the large number of miles.

9/18/2011 09/22/11 SHOPPING MALL, THE HOME DEPOT 299
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: A few
I was really quite pleasantly surprised that an order I placed through Amazon on 9/15 has already shown up in my US DM account.

9/15/2011 09/22/11 SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON 49 ^

Did not know about the in/out of basket restriction which probably cost me 200 miles on another order I placed subsequently
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:02 am

Rats

I did not know about the cart restriction on Amazon. Back to the drawing board.

Maybe I'll just do the Gaiam tree thing which has worked well in the past.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hmmm...wondering if I just scored a hit...

(1) Logged into my USAirways.com account.
(2) Clicked on "Shopping Mall."
(3) Searched for Groupon. Found it, clicked on "Shop Now"
(4) Then, to my surprise, it wants my US Airways number...again.
(5) I enter the number in a popup box. The box disappears and I click Shop Now again. This launches a new window for the Groupon site.

At the Groupon page, I'm already logged in...I use Groupon all the time in this browser. I complete a normal purchase.

At the end, there's no mention of US Airways miles on either the Groupon site or the DM Shopping site. I have my Groupon (a good one that I will use) but no indication that *this* purchase was any different than the dozens of Groupons I've bought in the past.

Did something go wonky in the middle here? Or is this just a crappy user experience...but not one that will prevent me from earning miles?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by moo-moo:17154388
Rats

I did not know about the cart restriction on Amazon. Back to the drawing board.

Maybe I'll just do the Gaiam tree thing which has worked well in the past.
I usually add items to the cart on Amazon directly on Firefox and then log in my US account on Explorer and check out through their SM!

Never had a problem (5-6 transactions)!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Did anyone else notice this passage under "Restrictions" on the Gaiam DM Mall landing page?:

Doesn't sound good to me... and of course, I only noticed it after I bought a tree.
Lol, I noticed it after I bought two trees (Mrs Kaarias account) and then noticed your posting. However, miles in my opinion are not "commission"
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Crap, I just realized I had a 1.97 Gift Card credit on my account.
My total was 18.xx and after the 1.97 credit I still had $16 charged to my card.
Should I cancel or am I good?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by kaaria
lol, i noticed it after i bought two trees (mrs kaarias account) and then noticed your posting. However, miles in my opinion are not "commission"
Code:
9/16/2011 	09/22/11 	shopping mall, gaiam.com 	4
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Any experience with posting times for itunes? I only asked because I've had issues with miles/points not posting in the past from itunes purchases through an affiliate.

I had to buy a couple of songs anyway and would rather not pay for the tree, but am willing to do so if the itunes hit doesn't post within a certain time period. Just don't know how long to wait.

Mike
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by Tclin
Code:
9/16/2011 	09/22/11 	shopping mall, gaiam.com 	4
Mine posted as well. No need to "uproot".
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
there is now restrictions on Gaiam tree... uGH >> I did my account on day one and now going to the Gf account and not valid
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
That's a shame. I'm in the UK and was going to buy something on Amazon, but it seems (given that the toolbar shows "not earning") Amazon.co.uk doesn't count, so I was going to do the Gaiam tree. Any suggestions for an inexpensive alternative (not including itunes as I don't have an iPod), preferably one that doesn't need to be posted?

Answer: Petsmart donation $2

Last edited by louie-m; Sep 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm Reason: Should have read the thread properly first!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Well I am not much further forward. Does anyone else get an error message when they try to checkout at the Petsmart website?

Update: Tried again on a different computer and got there in the end.

Last edited by louie-m; Sep 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:40 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
I did the Petsmart donation this am and it did not charge shipping. Instead of going to the Petsmart store, I searched for Petsmart charities in the shopping mall and it brought up the $2 donation option and my cc was charged $2 only.
Hmm
I went to the petsmart store, searched for petsmart charity and it loaded a new site, where I did the donation. Is that the right method?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Dumb question of the day...

I went through the dropdown link to get to the shopping mall, and the tab reads "Dividend Miles Shopping Mall." The web address, however, is http://usairways.skymall.com/

Is this going to post as a Sky Mall hit, or is that just the facilitator?

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.