DM shopping mall [master thread]

Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ellinj
I don't know what I am doing wrong, I never see points posted for my Amazon purchases posted. I have tried using both the toolbar and visiting the mall page first and linking over to amazon.
IIRC you need to place the items into your amazon cart after linking through DM. The first time I made a purchase I only received credit for one of the two books purchased; one book was already in my cart.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by starflyer
Amazon.com was not associated with Dividend Miles Shopping Mall last year. I'd suggest reading the merchant details for Amazon.com on DM Shopping Mall to see if they say anything about the use of credits/giftcards.
Be careful with the Amazon.com route, as many have made purchases in August and are still waiting for miles to post.
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
I did the Petsmart donation this am and it did not charge shipping. Instead of going to the Petsmart store, I searched for Petsmart charities in the shopping mall and it brought up the $2 donation option and my cc was charged $2 only.
I was going to do the Gaiam tree donation, but I'd rather do this, so I'll try it. If it adds shipping, then I'll do the tree donation instead.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by fungirl
I just tried repeating the same strategy - searched for Petsmart charities in the mall, it brought up two donation options, picked a $2 one, it still added $4.99 for shipping (of what??) as pr0digy25 mentioned. I went all the way through the checkout right before you hit charge my cc and it was still almost ~$7. I'd rather spend them on something more useful than phantom shipping.
Try clearing cookies then doing the search and going through the checkout process. It worked for me, and I was only charged $2.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kipper
Be careful with the Amazon.com route, as many have made purchases in August and are still waiting for miles to post.
I'm surprised by that. Mine posted within a week the first time around:
7/29/2011 08/04/11 SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON 4
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
My purchase was on 8/19, and I'm still waiting on points. I finally submitted a support ticket.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Purchasing Diamond ring from Blue nile site, helps in Grandslam promo?

I am totally new to this game and was wondering whether I can earn some hits (earn me how many miles) for buying diamond ring from www.bluenile.com costing $10K - 12K
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Blue Nile is a Dividend Shopping Mall partner and gives you 2 miles for every dollar spent. You will get 1 hit in the GS promotion for shopping at a DM Shopping Mall.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:26 am

What's the record for the most expensive Grand Slam hit ever?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
You might be better off using a coupon code. Or depending on how you value a mile, you might prefer cash back. In some cases, you might can use both. (check fatwallet.com). And FWIW, UA gives 3 miles per dollar whereas US only gives 2.

If you are building your own ring, a coupon code will only apply to the setting -- not to the loose diamond.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL plat
Amazon purchase through US Skymall link

Tonight I logined US skymall and then purchased something on Amazon through the link in US airways skymall.

is it counted a Hit on skymall or not? Thank you.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:56 am

Did anyone else notice this passage under "Restrictions" on the Gaiam DM Mall landing page?:

No commission will be earned for Go Zero Plant-a-Tree Charitable Contributions & Certificate.
Doesn't sound good to me... and of course, I only noticed it after I bought a tree.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kipper

I was going to do the Gaiam tree donation, but I'd rather do this, so I'll try it. If it adds shipping, then I'll do the tree donation instead.
Originally Posted by beltway
I also had my August purchase post:

8/31/2011 09/08/11 SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON 16

What's interesting is of the two books I purchased one was posted the other wasn't. One was added to the cart after linking through US DM, the other was already in the cart. YMMV.

Now my SkyMall crap has shipped but I've yet to get any posting for it on DM.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dj1000
Tonight I logined US skymall and then purchased something on Amazon through the link in US airways skymall.

Instead of starting a new thread, next time try looking for an existing thread that likely contains your answer. In this case, that's http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...ping-mall.html
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dj1000

I believe it is a hit for the DM Shopping Mall which is different from SkyMall. Like beltway suggests, check out the master thread
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I also had my August purchase post:

8/31/2011 09/08/11 SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON 16

What's interesting is of the two books I purchased one was posted the other wasn't. One was added to the cart after linking through US DM, the other was already in the cart. YMMV.

Now my SkyMall crap has shipped but I've yet to get any posting for it on DM.
Apparently, they've now added a restriction that to receive the miles, you must add the items to your cart AFTER clicking through their link. If it's in there before, no miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.