DM shopping mall [master thread]

Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Seems that gift cards won't qualify

from the T+C's

How can I earn a hit with the Shopping Mall?

Go to usairways.com/shop and enter your Dividend Miles number. Then choose your merchant, buy something and you’ll earn a maximum of one hit. You won’t earn a hit if you use coupons or gift cards, or if you buy gift cards. SkyMall does not count as a Shopping Mall hit, but it does count as its own hit.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by freeflyin
from the T+C's

How can I earn a hit with the Shopping Mall?

Go to usairways.com/shop and enter your Dividend Miles number. Then choose your merchant, buy something and you’ll earn a maximum of one hit. You won’t earn a hit if you use coupons or gift cards, or if you buy gift cards. SkyMall does not count as a Shopping Mall hit, but it does count as its own hit.
That gift card statement isn't new. It's generally true. But it obviously can't apply to giftcards.com with gives you 3 miles per $1. Or Sears, B&N and Home Depot which have explicitly indicated miles would be awarded for gift card purchases despite that blanket statement on the shopping mall. And those are what I used for my hits the past two years. Moot point this year since I'll be using Amazon.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
but i think awarding of miles and hits separate.
if you get the miles you may still not get the hit if buying gift cards
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:14 pm

How about mint.com?

I went to log into my mint.com account with the toolbar active and saw "95 miles per new account activation." Searched a bit further and that's also what's listed in the DM Shopping mall for mint.com.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
UPDATE!!! My miles from my purchases on Amazon using a gift card posted today!! It took a little bit more time, but they are finally here!!

Guess that it won't be a problem to use a gift card to make a hit through Shopping Mall!!
I don't know what I am doing wrong, I never see points posted for my Amazon purchases posted. I have tried using both the toolbar and visiting the mall page first and linking over to amazon.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
Wait, Amazon is part of US Airways' shopping mall??!! I don't believe they're affiliated with any other airlines' shopping malls (true?). I spend way too much at Amazon, and I've always wished I could be racking extra miles with them. This is great news! And an easy hit for me.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pavemental
Wait, Amazon is part of US Airways' shopping mall??!! I don't believe they're affiliated with any other airlines' shopping malls (true?).
Hawaiian, too.

It wasn't until a couple of months ago that the Amazon membership in the US mall started getting play on FT on the blogs, so don't feel bad.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:10 am

DM Shopping Mall - $2 Petsmart Charities Donation - Shipping charges?

Rather than going the cheapo MP3 route on Amazon, thought about making a donation to PetSmart Charities for $2.

On checkout they are charging shipping... so it ends up being more than $7.

I'd still like to give, but I'm not paying shipping for a donation! Any way around this?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Rather than going the cheapo MP3 route on Amazon, thought about making a donation to PetSmart Charities for $2.

On checkout they are charging shipping... so it ends up being more than $7.

I'd still like to give, but I'm not paying shipping for a donation! Any way around this?
I did the Petsmart donation this am and it did not charge shipping. Instead of going to the Petsmart store, I searched for Petsmart charities in the shopping mall and it brought up the $2 donation option and my cc was charged $2 only.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
I don't know what I am doing wrong, I never see points posted for my Amazon purchases posted. I have tried using both the toolbar and visiting the mall page first and linking over to amazon.
I've seen that some peoples' Amazon points post right away. I've had to wait about one month for both purchases to post.

Bobette
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
I did the Petsmart donation this am and it did not charge shipping. Instead of going to the Petsmart store, I searched for Petsmart charities in the shopping mall and it brought up the $2 donation option and my cc was charged $2 only.
Thanks for the info. Will do that for another family member who may do the GS.

While it would have been nice to donate to charity, this winter I will surely need those 2 Chapsticks I bought from Walmart.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
I just tried repeating the same strategy - searched for Petsmart charities in the mall, it brought up two donation options, picked a $2 one, it still added $4.99 for shipping (of what??) as pr0digy25 mentioned. I went all the way through the checkout right before you hit charge my cc and it was still almost ~$7. I'd rather spend them on something more useful than phantom shipping.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:50 pm

There are a ton of merchants in the mall -- is there nothing at all you can use? If shipping is the killer, some merchants (Sears, Best Buy, Home Depot for example) let you order online and pickup in store. Then there's the MP3s/iTunes.

My parents needed an extra air conditioner in a hurry (it's still 105F here) so I was able to buy one from Home Depot and pick it up in store, so that hit's done for me.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Home Depot Purchase

I bought an item from Home Depot through DM Shopping Mall last night and received confirmation email from [email protected] without any mention of my DM account. How would I know if this purchase will count as a “hit”? BTW Home Depot has a lot of items with free shipping as well as free in store pick up.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:09 am

Unfortunately, there's nothing on the order to indicate it. Home Depot itself doesn't know your DM number; they just report back to the mall that you made a purchase and the mall site handles the DM miles transaction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.