Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Un-Official 2011 Grand Slam Tracking Spreadsheet (v1.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Un-Official 2011 Grand Slam Tracking Spreadsheet (v1.0)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:14 am

WOW!

Very helpful....thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:28 am

Well done!

Clearly you have put a LOT of work into this! A sincere thank you, Silverhalide.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:38 am

Thanks for continuing to update this.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:21 am

Nits:

AAA Carolinas is out as a partner.

The link says 1.5, even though you're now at v1.6.

Thanks again for keeping this in shape.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Adding my most sincere thanks to you for this! Impressive. Also appreciate the fact that you are giving this to the community! Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Its been a while since I've seen this on the first page. I needed another copy for my wife's hits and thought I'd take the opportunity to thank silverhalide personally for such a great means for tracking hits. As we wait (and wait) for tier bonuses to post, it's been fun to see the potential miles heading my way each time I update my copy. ^
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:01 pm

Wow! You have way too much time on your hands and everyone here is THRILLED that you do! Thanks a ton!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-P, DL-Silver, Marriott-Plat, SPG-Plat, Hilton-Gold
La Quina Hotel Rewards

Straight from US Airways:

"Our La Quinta hotel partner is experiencing problems with the website
and Dividend Miles members can only complete a mileage conversion with
this partner through their profile in their La Quinta account. Members
may earn a hit for a mileage conversion with our La Quinta partner that
is completed between September 14, 2011 and November 14, 2011 and we
apologize for the confusion.

Please contact La Quinta Returns at 1-800-RETURNS if you need any
additional assistance with your points to miles conversion.

We appreciate this opportunity to further explain our Dividend Miles
partner offer and thank you for your continued support of US Airways."

I am swamped at work at the moment but as soon as I get a minute this weekend I will update the spreadsheet with this and also look into the AAA issue.

sH
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by silverhalide
I am swamped at work at the moment but as soon as I get a minute this weekend I will update the spreadsheet with this and also look into the AAA issue.
A further suggestion: In addition to the "earned" and "posted" auto-totals, I think it would be useful to have an adjacent box for hand-entry of "tier level" to indicate the GS bonus level (4, 8, etc.) received on one's account. Did it in mine and it looks so purty, and functional, too.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:49 am

Yet another suggestion, perhaps for next year, as some work is involved:

The handling/display for activity in the repeats-allowed categories (hotel stays and car rentals) doesn't deal well with repeats. If I rent 3 times from Alamo, for example, there's space for only 1 date/miles/cost entry, so my choices are
  • combine all 3 rentals into a single line w/totals, and hand-edit the "hits" entry, OR
  • hand edit some of the other rows -- say, Avis and Budget -- to show individual Alamo hits

I'm not an Excel guru, but a bit of digging reveals that you can do drop-down menus within cells (via "Validation" under the Data menu). So instead of having 8 car rental rows (one per partner, as in current rows 21-28), you could do six rows (reflecting maximum number of hits) with the B column cells containing a drop-down menu requiring the user to select a specific rental partner.

Benefits of this approach include
  • providing space for details (cost, date) of each event
  • no need to hand-edit the "hits" column -- there will be only 1 hit maximum per line

One annoying feature of the handy drop-down menus is that the font size is absurdly tiny. However, there seem to be some workarounds, e.g., http://www.contextures.com/xldataval08.html#Larger
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: LH, US Silv, CO Plat
Thanks for the spreadsheet, it's awesome. Hopefully, your work has calmed down since the last update.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the spreadsheet ..it is awesome..
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: UA GS // SPG Plat // Hyatt Diamond
Great help, thank you!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
Originally Posted by beltway
Yet another suggestion, perhaps for next year, as some work is involved:

The handling/display for activity in the repeats-allowed categories (hotel stays and car rentals) doesn't deal well with repeats. If I rent 3 times from Alamo, for example, there's space for only 1 date/miles/cost entry, so my choices are
  • combine all 3 rentals into a single line w/totals, and hand-edit the "hits" entry, OR
  • hand edit some of the other rows -- say, Avis and Budget -- to show individual Alamo hits

I'm not an Excel guru, but a bit of digging reveals that you can do drop-down menus within cells (via "Validation" under the Data menu). So instead of having 8 car rental rows (one per partner, as in current rows 21-28), you could do six rows (reflecting maximum number of hits) with the B column cells containing a drop-down menu requiring the user to select a specific rental partner.

Benefits of this approach include
  • providing space for details (cost, date) of each event
  • no need to hand-edit the "hits" column -- there will be only 1 hit maximum per line

One annoying feature of the handy drop-down menus is that the font size is absurdly tiny. However, there seem to be some workarounds, e.g., http://www.contextures.com/xldataval08.html#Larger

For this year, I just hand-edited the cells to show the repeats - car rentals and hotels. For next year, I'm going to do the drop-down. It's pretty easy but a> time is tight and b> changes mid-way through like this are a pain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.