Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Transfers [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by synd
anyone knows if hyatt transfer can post to another person?
Positive^
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Surely someone else has this issue:
I booked.2 choice stays via the mobile app for the 1000 pts/stay bonus.
I credited the stays to us and they posted as Oki.ya with the bonus. I called and had them switched.to miles but then lost the 1000 pt booking bonus. I have now emailed choice twice with no response. Anyone had any luck getting these points in addition to the miles?

I am 700 points away from another transfer which is why I want them so bad.

Choice really takes care of diamonds!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Has anyone had a Hilton points transfer post in the last week? This is the only hit I am a bit concerned about because it is a transfer from another FTer. If it doesn't post by Saturday I think I'll have to do a car hire safety hit (Saturday being much cheaper than Monday and the HLE is closed on Sunday) but I'd rather not....

If you have had a transfer post or one does in the next couple of days, please let me know. Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Why is everyone so concerned about the post date.
I thought that as long as the activity date falls between the promo period you are ok. (Posting period can go past by several months)
Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by louie-m
Has anyone had a Hilton points transfer post in the last week? This is the only hit I am a bit concerned about because it is a transfer from another FTer. If it doesn't post by Saturday I think I'll have to do a car hire safety hit (Saturday being much cheaper than Monday and the HLE is closed on Sunday) but I'd rather not....

If you have had a transfer post or one does in the next couple of days, please let me know. Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
In my case, because the transfer is coming from another person's HHonors account which, although it seems to have worked for other people in practice, I don't think is actually within their rules. So it's not impossible they will refuse to make the transfer, which would leave me SOL if I don't sort out another hit by the end of GS. I have other hits (car rentals, hotels) which I know won't post until after Monday, but that's fine because I am confident they will post eventually.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by stallion114
Surely someone else has this issue:
I booked.2 choice stays via the mobile app for the 1000 pts/stay bonus.
I credited the stays to us and they posted as Oki.ya with the bonus. I called and had them switched.to miles but then lost the 1000 pt booking bonus. I have now emailed choice twice with no response. Anyone had any luck getting these points in addition to the miles?

I am 700 points away from another transfer which is why I want them so bad.

Choice really takes care of diamonds!
Choice by far has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Before I completed my stays, I tried making mobile reservations with my iPhone to get the extra 1,000 choice points but their App and mobile server system had probs and it didn't work for days. After many calls, CSR told me to call Member Services, they in turn told me to call Customer Relations (Felt more like they didn't value any customer relations) and they told me to go ahead and make the reservation on line and they would manually adjust it after I call in again upon completing my stays. I was assured that I can earn miles for my stays and still receive the extra 1,000 Choice points for mobile res promotion. After all the stays, I called in to get those Choice points and got various run arounds with a rep even intentionally hanging up on me and rudely told me that I will not get any points not even the refer a friend 1,000 points as they will only give those points if I chose Choice points and not US miles upon reservation. Long story short, they went back on their words and did not honour what was promised. This is my first Choice experience and most likely my last. Thanks for nothing! My 2 cents -stay away from them. They and are incompetant, rude, dishonorable and clueless.

After about 30 hits, I am now struggling to get to 36 hits and looking for cost effective option(s)/strategy for other hotel conversion options. Any suggestion/tips will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TorontoSingh; Nov 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stallion114
Why is everyone so concerned about the post date.
I thought that as long as the activity date falls between the promo period you are ok. (Posting period can go past by several months)
Am I missing something?
You're correct, but the posting date assumes importance in the context of confirmation of a hit. As we get to the end of the promo, you can count up the number of hits you think you've made, but until the posting occurs, there's no confirmation. Thus, a reasonable guess about the posting date may help you either get with the earning partner to determine if there's been a mistake that can be rectified or decide to do a safety hit to insure that you get to your target.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
Choice by far has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Before I completed my stays, I tried making mobile reservations with my iPhone to get the extra 1,000 choice points but their App and mobile server system had probs and it didn't work for days. After many calls, CSR told me to call Member Services, they in turn told me to call Customer Relations (Felt more like they didn't value any customer relations) and they told me to go ahead and make the reservation on line and they would manually adjust it after I call in again upon completing my stays. I was assured that I can earn miles for my stays and still receive the extra 1,000 Choice points for mobile res promotion. After all the stays, I called in to get those Choice points and got various run arounds with a rep even intentionally hanging up on me and rudely told me that I will not get any points not even the refer a friend 1,000 points as they will only give those points if I chose Choice points and not US miles upon reservation. Long story short, they went back on their words and did not honour what was promised. This is my first Choice experience and most likely my last. Thanks for nothing! My 2 cents -stay away from them. They and are incompetant, rude, dishonorable and clueless.

After about 30 hits, I am now struggling to get to 36 hits and looking for cost effective option(s)/strategy for other hotel conversion options. Any suggestion/tips will be greatly appreciated.
Maybe that's why they are, most of the time, the cheapest hotel stay option around?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:22 pm

Browsed the beginning, end, and some of the middle of this thread, and spent some time searching and didn't notice anything mentioned:

I no longer see the requirement for min 850 on SPG transfers in the rules. Was this min removed?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Chaikel
Browsed the beginning, end, and some of the middle of this thread, and spent some time searching and didn't notice anything mentioned:

I no longer see the requirement for min 850 on SPG transfers in the rules. Was this min removed?
No, there is a 850-mile minimum for all hotel transfers, as shown on US's GS Rules FAQ:

How can I earn hits for hotel transfers?

You can transfer your hotel points into Dividend Miles at the hotel’s program website or visit usairways.com/convertmiles. If you transfer hotel points to Dividend Miles, you can earn one hit (with a maximum of one hit per hotel family). You have to earn a minimum of 850 Dividend Miles from each transfer in order to qualify as a hit. If you transfer 25,000 miles from Starwood you only get one hit, even if you transfer from Starwood again. However, if you transfer 5,000 miles from Starwood and 3,000 miles from Marriott you earn two hits.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thank goodness I have UR points ... 5K UR points to get my 36th hit = 22K US miles through Hyatt!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
is it too late to do a transfer from CHOICE and have it post in time?

CHOICE site says transfer takes up to a week, but what will the activity date be?... when I initiated the transfer, or when it finally posts to my DM account?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
is it too late to do a transfer from CHOICE and have it post in time?

CHOICE site says transfer takes up to a week, but what will the activity date be?... when I initiated the transfer, or when it finally posts to my DM account?
should be ok if you do it now. activity date is the date you request the transfer. I did my transfer request 9/14

9/14/2011 09/20/11 CHOICE PRIVILEGES MILEAGE AWARDS 1,000
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by louie-m

Hilton from another member should be fine but take about three to four weeks. Can anyone confirm.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Priority Club

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Priority Club: Minimum transfer size for anyone is 10,000 points to 2,000 miles and must be done by calling in. It's possible to buy 10,000 points for $60 or 5,000 points for $40 and they post pretty much immediately (see post 222). There has been one report of a transfer to a different person's working, even though the previously generally accepted wisdom was that transfers to another DM account won't work. Transfers to DM take about a week. Priority Club forum
PC to another person no longer works. Had four transfers in the past weeks. Wanted to do another today. Was denied, the girl on the phone verified with the supervisor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.