Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Transfers [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Hypothetically speaking:

If one had access to 2 different e-Rewards accounts, is it possible to redeem 4,000 Choice points in one and 1,000 Choice points in another and send them both to the same Choice account? I know there is some type of limit on sending Choice points from the same e-Rewards account (one per quarter), but I wasn't sure if there was a limit on the same Choice account being able to accept multiple transfers from e-Rewards during the same quarter.
Hypothetically speaking, with Hilton they check the Hilton account number and deny any transfer within 90 days. The denial is up front so I suggest that you simply try and report back.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Does Choice Tabulate Stays by Check-IN Date?

(delete)

Last edited by Explore; Oct 31, 2011 at 8:14 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
(delete)
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Hypothetically speaking:

If one had access to 2 different e-Rewards accounts, is it possible to redeem 4,000 Choice points in one and 1,000 Choice points in another and send them both to the same Choice account? I know there is some type of limit on sending Choice points from the same e-Rewards account (one per quarter), but I wasn't sure if there was a limit on the same Choice account being able to accept multiple transfers from e-Rewards during the same quarter.
I asked exactly the same question on the E-rewards master thread in the SPAM forum. See post 660 and the next few posts (the answer is no you can't).
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
For those without Choice points but participating in the Amex MR program, Choice just recently became a transfer partner, and there's currently a 50% bonus running on transfers from MR to Choice so you could get the 5000 Choice points for a transfer of 4000 MR points (transfers are in multiples of 1000): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-6-2011-a.html. As thread notes, promotion ends 11/6.
Thanks for this great tip. I had 2790 orphaned Choice points, and have been waiting for the 1500 pts from Big Fish Games to post for about 6 weeks. Not sure if it would ever show up, so today, had a friend transfer 2000 MR pts (3000 with bonus), and I have now completed my transfer to DM!

Here is the actual promo link for anyone wanting to do this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 1, 2011 at 9:08 am
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:24 pm

Looks like this is a good way of getting hotel stay hits, if you have enough choice points. Anyone tried it?

Originally Posted by dwcatty
My email out:

To: DMF Partner Marketing <[email protected]>

Dear sir or madam,

I am playing the USAirways Grand Slam promotion. I recently transferred
5,000 Choice Hotel points to USAir for 1,000 frequent flyer miles.
However, the points show up as a hotel stay and not as a points
conversion. My account activity shows:

10/13/2011 10/18/11 CHOICE PRIVILEGES MILEAGE AWARDS 1,000

Can you please adjust this properly so that I receive the "hit" for a
mileage conversion? Thnak you.
dwcatty
USAir frequent flyer account xxx1x1x

- - - - -

Reply, ~24 hours later:

Subject: Dividend Miles xxxaxax

Dear Mr. dwcatty,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

The miles from Choice Hotels on 10/13/11 have been adjusted to
conversion miles instead of stay miles and this change will be reflected
in the next Grand Slam review on or near November 9, 2011. We apologize
for the delay and inconvenience.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist with our Dividend Miles partner
offer and thank you for your continued support of US Airways.

Sincerely,

US Airways Dividend Miles

- - - - -

And my account now reads:

10/13/2011 10/26/11 CONVERSION: CHOICE CLUB PLUS REDEMPTION 1,000
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
First time in this particular thread ... so lacking in knowledge of protocol.
Well, the "protocol" is right there in the first post:

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
And now for a quick warning:

Trades/barters between members are prohibited on Flyertalk outside of Coupon Connection.

If you haven't for a while, now would be a good time to visit the Flyertalk Guidelines & Rules on this subject.

Any posts outside of Coupon Connection referencing trade/barter will/have been removed.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Starwood has a 20% discount

As of Nov. 1, Starwood is offering a 20% discount on points. 14 dollars for 500 miles. This makes the hit pretty cheap if you are Gold or above, or if you simply need some points to top off your existing ones.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by justcome
Looks like this is a good way of getting hotel stay hits, if you have enough choice points. Anyone tried it?
Don't count on that. USDM is aware of the problem because those of us who have 6 OTHER hotel stays and want to make sure our Choice transfer counts as a transfer and not a 7th hotel stay have already requested the amendment. They could at some point write a script to automatically change the wording of the Choice transfers....or they may not. It's a gamble.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:57 pm

its cheaper to buy miles than the hotel transfer to get one hit
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
For those without Choice points but participating in the Amex MR program, Choice just recently became a transfer partner, and there's currently a 50% bonus running on transfers from MR to Choice so you could get the 5000 Choice points for a transfer of 4000 MR points (transfers are in multiples of 1000): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-6-2011-a.html. As thread notes, promotion ends 11/6.

Good for those who don't participate in Choice Privileges (although a stay at a $100/night property with the 4X points promo that ends 11/3 booked with the mobile app at an extra bonus of 1000 would accomplish the same end).
How long it takes for choice privilege points to be posted after transfering from MR? and how long it takes from e-rewards? thanks
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jjfly
How long it takes for choice privilege points to be posted after transfering from MR? and how long it takes from e-rewards? thanks
From erewards it was immediate.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
its cheaper to buy miles than the hotel transfer to get one hit
Depends upon what tier you're trying for, right?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
How long it takes for choice privilege points to be posted after transfering from MR?
From MR to Choice was immediate. My friend thought the transfer hadn't gone through due to a problem with the account number, but when I went online to double check, saw the points were already there.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:40 am

Is it possible to transfer 5k points from my wife's Choice Privileges account to my USAirways DM account to get the hit? She has about 5800 points that are just sitting there doing nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.