Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!

Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by NewArrival
A free, easy way: "Like" ThanksAgain's Facebook page for a free 100 miles. Once only though. Those of us who "Liked" last time can't again. Info here: http://www.facebook.com/ThanksAgain#...pp_10442206389

Since I'm ineligible for those 100 miles this year, I'll just purchase a restaurant coupon as you describe above, but I'm new to that also, so I look forward to others' tips on your questions.
Thanks for the link! TA also partners with those overpriced convenience stores in PIT, it seems -- anyone know if I could just buy a pack of peanuts or something and have that work as well? I will be flying out anyway, might as well have some food. Just in case their facebook hits 10,000 before I get to it in September...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by cvarming
Last year I purchased a $10 restaurant.com gift card with %80 off, i.e., a $2 total, and got a hit. So I don't think there is a minimum. And I haven't seen anything about a minimum on Thanks Again miles from US Airways.
Yup. Same here. Great deal! ^
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
A free, easy way: "Like" ThanksAgain's Facebook page for a free 100 miles. Once only though. Those of us who "Liked" last time can't again. Info here: http://www.facebook.com/ThanksAgain#...pp_10442206389

Since I'm ineligible for those 100 miles this year, I'll just purchase a restaurant coupon as you describe above, but I'm new to that also, so I look forward to others' tips on your questions.

thanks for the tip..
however is this ok to do now if they autotransfer or should i wait till sept 14th
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:15 pm

ThanksAgain miles autotransfer, so I'd wait.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Talking

may open a new facebook profile and after the like not use it anymore
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Last year I purchased a $10 restaurant.com gift card with %80 off, i.e., a $2 total, and got a hit. So I don't think there is a minimum. And I haven't seen anything about a minimum on Thanks Again miles from US Airways.
you are right, others are wrong. so simple. there is no minimum and you did a good job ^
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
may open a new facebook profile and after the like not use it anymore
Creative idea, but ThankAgain could recognize DM numbers as the same from last year, so even a new Facebook profile can't disguise DM accounts.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
I haven't really looked at Thanks Again since last year, but from what I recall the online clickthru purchases (like restaurant.com gc) posted based on the single transaction alone (x miles/$). Shopping at the brick and mortar locations (the Paradies Shops in the airports) required accumulating $X in purchases before miles were awarded.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone had any success getting hits via car rentals if under age 25? Seems like the lack of availability/surcharges would make those hits rather expensive.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachbrew
Any thoughts of things i can do to prepare to try to get a hit for points.com. I don't think I have any loyalty points for anything other than dividend miles and have no trips planed.
Join American's AAdvantage and take a survey at opinionplace(.com) for ~100 miles. Last year I beleive the transfer ratio was 31AA:1US and 1 US mile is all it takes. Frontier and Alaska also give you a token amount of miles for joining their programs but I am not certain how the mileage alchemy works for those programs.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Join American's AAdvantage and take a survey at opinionplace(.com) for ~100 miles. Last year I beleive the transfer ratio was 31AA:1US and 1 US mile is all it takes. Frontier and Alaska also give you a token amount of miles for joining their programs but I am not certain how the mileage alchemy works for those programs.
Here's the F9 deal, this is a quote I posted yesterday on another thread:

I have 1000 orphan F9 miles. 1001 F9 miles will transfer to 184 DM. To get the 1 F9 mile needed to do the transfer I moved 5 AA miles over to F9
You too can get 1000 orphan F9 miles by joining their FF program by 31 August!

Last edited by Gamecock; Aug 29, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: US, UA, CO, AA, Delta
Thanks Again hit question

Hi,
I tried searching for anything about the Thanks Again hit but the search said it couldn't find anything because the words were too common.

Anyway, I know there is a hit for the partner Thanks Again but I don't know anything about it otherwise. Questions:

- Should I sign up the a Thanks again account now or after the GS starts?
- If I sign up now should I like it on Facebook to get the 100 points?
- If I sign up, now or after the GS starts, what do I have to do to get the hit?

Again, I did some searching and the US page for Thanks Again says the offer expired in December but then I clicked on the link and saw a deadline of 12/31/11.

I just want to make sure I don't blow the hit by signing up now and liking the FB page. Thanks (again)!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Has anyone had any success getting hits via car rentals if under age 25? Seems like the lack of availability/surcharges would make those hits rather expensive.
Your age doesn't matter in terms of earning a hit. You just need to earn miles from a car rental during the promo period.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by starflyer
Your age doesn't matter in terms of earning a hit. You just need to earn miles from a car rental during the promo period.
Sorry let me rephrase: success getting cheap hits?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by amolkold
Sorry let me rephrase: success getting cheap hits?
I believe if you join the Hertz # 1 club, they waive the under 25 fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.