Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!

Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:10 pm

I have a question about their Mastercard. Should I get it now or wait until 9/14?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jpl88
E-miles works the same - miles stay in the e-miles account until you request a transfer out
I keep reading you need an invite to E-miles. From whom? E-miles? Someone in the program? I feel like a sixth grader at their first dance, sitting on the side waiting to be asked to dance. ~sniff~
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I keep reading you need an invite to E-miles. From whom? E-miles? Someone in the program? I feel like a sixth grader at their first dance, sitting on the side waiting to be asked to dance. ~sniff~
No, it's e-rewards that it only by invitation.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
I have a question about their Mastercard. Should I get it now or wait until 9/14?
I would get the card as early as possible. You earn the hit when your miles from spending post to your account, whence it could take more than a month from acquiring the card till you earn a hit. In other words: If you need hits from credit or debit cards then you need to get them sooner than later.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Thanksagain is a hit again. Does anyone remember if you accumulate points at TA's website, which can be transferred at a future date, or if it hits your FF account immediately (like iDine)?

E-Rewards: Does anyone remember how long it takes E-R to transfer points from your E-R account to your program of choice? I will be going ER-Choice-US and need to figure out how long I have to get it done.

Thanks!
Mike
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
E-Rewards: Does anyone remember how long it takes E-R to transfer points from your E-R account to your program of choice? I will be going ER-Choice-US and need to figure out how long I have to get it done.
ER to Choice is quick (it might even be instant). ER to US was slow last year. I think it only happened on the 25th of each month and it had the 25th as the posting date. Hence ER-US gave some people problems. Remember that ER-US is a hit so you definitely want that one as well as other ER-hotel program-US transfers.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cvarming
ER to Choice is quick (it might even be instant). ER to US was slow last year. I think it only happened on the 25th of each month and it had the 25th as the posting date. Hence ER-US gave some people problems. Remember that ER-US is a hit so you definitely want that one as well as other ER-hotel program-US transfers.
Thanks! Lots of ER points are being built up.

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Thanksagain is a hit again. Does anyone remember if you accumulate points at TA's website, which can be transferred at a future date, or if it hits your FF account immediately (like iDine)?

Thanks!
Mike
Thanks again posts automatically, to you DM miles account. This is another one that can be done very easily if your airport uses Republic Parking. I'm going to go park for an hour walk around the airport then leave.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by beachbrew
Thanks again posts automatically, to you DM miles account. This is another one that can be done very easily if your airport uses Republic Parking. I'm going to go park for an hour walk around the airport then leave.

I just signed up for a Thanks Again account. Please tell me if I understand how it works in relation to this promo:

1. I can buy a restaurant coupon for my wife's favorite restaurant, advertises as receiving 3 miles per dollar spent.
2. The miles automatically transfer.
3. Check my US Airways account for the hit.

Is that correct? Is there a minimum purchase to get credit for a hit?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gamecock
I just signed up for a Thanks Again account. Please tell me if I understand how it works in relation to this promo:

1. I can buy a restaurant coupon for my wife's favorite restaurant, advertises as receiving 3 miles per dollar spent.

A free, easy way: "Like" ThanksAgain's Facebook page for a free 100 miles. Once only though. Those of us who "Liked" last time can't again. Info here: http://www.facebook.com/ThanksAgain#...pp_10442206389

Since I'm ineligible for those 100 miles this year, I'll just purchase a restaurant coupon as you describe above, but I'm new to that also, so I look forward to others' tips on your questions.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by NewArrival
A free, easy way: "Like" ThanksAgain's Facebook page for a free 100 miles. Once only though. Those of us who "Liked" last time can't again. Info here: http://www.facebook.com/ThanksAgain#...pp_10442206389

Since I'm ineligible for those 100 miles this year, I'll just purchase a restaurant coupon as you describe above, but I'm new to that also, so I look forward to others' tips on your questions.
Awesome! Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For some reason, I thought there was a minimum, but I cannot find printed evidence to prove it.

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:53 am

For some reason, I thought there was a minimum, but I cannot find printed evidence to prove it.

Mike
Last year I purchased a $10 restaurant.com gift card with %80 off, i.e., a $2 total, and got a hit. So I don't think there is a minimum. And I haven't seen anything about a minimum on Thanks Again miles from US Airways.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by starflyer
You can sign up now. The 250 bonus miles post only to your e-Rewards account, not to your Dividend Miles account. You then have to take a separate step to initiate the transfer of the e-Rewards miles to your US account. Do this second step after Sept. 14.
I beg to differ. I signed up after an invite from US Airways a few months ago and got the initial 250 miles bonus. I thought great, an easy hit, I'll transfer when GS2011 starts. But those miles got transferred automatically after a while. I can't remember how long, maybe a couple of months, so if you sign up now you should be OK though.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cvarming
Last year I purchased a $10 restaurant.com gift card with %80 off, i.e., a $2 total, and got a hit. So I don't think there is a minimum. And I haven't seen anything about a minimum on Thanks Again miles from US Airways.
^

And as an added bonus, you answered my other question about whether the hit would count if we used a discount code.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.