Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!

Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:27 am

I'm done this year, with 100K earned. Thanks to everyone that helped out and collected information.

In particular thanks to vysean for the gsscorecard.com site and to beltway for curating the exhaustive list of partners.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I have 39 hits, waiting for the 40th to post (a Thrifty car rental). I need the EQM's to retain CP. Does the last hit need to post by 12/31 for the EQM's to be credited for 2011 status??
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Does the last hit need to post by 12/31 for the EQM's to be credited for 2011 status??
No, you have until the end of the GS crediting period.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Originally Posted by beltway
No, you have until the end of the GS crediting period.
Thanks, Mr. Beltway Sir. After I received an e-mail from Thrifty today acknowledging that US had picked up the rental, I called the Chairman's line and talked to two very helpful agents who are trying to expedite the hit credit. If that works, it will be a Happy Holiday indeed.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
Does anyone know if this promotion will ever come back?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Vinesse promotion

Got this email from Vinesse Wine Club offering 2,000 bonus U.S. Airways miles for making the first purchase and another 3,000 for the second purchase. The purchase price itself and the deal sounds great and I would like to take it, but I don't want to blow a GS hit when the promotion comes around. Will purchasing now affect me? I don't remember if the GS rules for this partner said new customers only or if it had any other restrictions.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by mromero07
Got this email from Vinesse Wine Club offering 2,000 bonus U.S. Airways miles for making the first purchase and another 3,000 for the second purchase. The purchase price itself and the deal sounds great and I would like to take it, but I don't want to blow a GS hit when the promotion comes around. Will purchasing now affect me? I don't remember if the GS rules for this partner said new customers only or if it had any other restrictions.
So far there have been no rules against repeat customers. Only US Airways knows what the rules will look like next year, but I would go ahead with this offer and worry about Grand Slam in September.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
I'm a mid-range earner of points (80K). I put a value of a hit to be worth $40-50.
A bird in the hand...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by FSUSeminole007
Does anyone know if this promotion will ever come back?
The Grand Slam has only been around a couple of years, so we don't have a lot of history to speculate on. No one at this point really knows if it will return or not. But many of us are hoping and are preparing for next years in order to have as many hits as possible all set up.

My suggestion would be to read, read, read. Learn and begin setting up for next year, that way if (and hopefully when) the GS is announced you will be ready to go. The previous years have been announced in August, with valid time periods in Sept and Oct. That is what the rest of us are planning on.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mromero07
In the past, the hit for a Vinesse purchase during the promotion period has applied to both new and existing Vinesse customers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.