Search

SFO Boarding Area E Open House

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
SFO Boarding Area E Open House

Mentioned here:.https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/co...ng-area-e.aspx

Bay Area residents can get a sneak preview of Boarding Area E at a community open house on January 25, 2014.
Based on similar events in the past, do we think this will be something worth going to?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Looks like a new United Club will have to wait until July 2015, as a temporary facility will be opening in May.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Well, I dusted off the old Twitter and tweeted @United asking about deets twice today, and they just ignored me. Too many apologies for baggage delays to take care of, I guess.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I went to the International Terminal opening as well as the T-2 opening - both were worth a "not far out of the way" stop. The E pier is fairly small, and probably will be a quick visit.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Well, UA responded to my tweet. Kinda.

Me: Do you have any details on the 1/25 SFO Boarding Area E open house? Press release refers to SFO site, but can't find anything there.

UA: please share more details. What exactly are you trying to accomplish. Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Well, UA responded to my tweet. Kinda.

Me: Do you have any details on the 1/25 SFO Boarding Area E open house? Press release refers to SFO site, but can't find anything there.

UA: please share more details. What exactly are you trying to accomplish. Thanks.
Vague question got a vague answer. What are you trying to ask them? If you can go? What are they planning on doing for the one house? Is it public or private?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
Vague question got a vague answer. What are you trying to ask them? If you can go? What are they planning on doing for the one house? Is it public or private?
It's called a community open house, so presumably it's public. I don't read the answer the way you do. I read the answer as not understanding a word of what I said.

Usually, when you have an event, you have like a thing with some details about how to go and when it is and what it is and who will be there and various other things.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Originally Posted by Baze
It was a clear question. Totally worthless and non-responsive answer.

Obviously whoever was manning the Twitter account had no clue about the event.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Some further details: "We're sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have no details at the moment. Try back in the morning for more information."

Sigh. They tweeted a link to an article that referenced this open house. You'd think someone there would know something about it.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... They tweeted a link to an article that referenced this open house. You'd think someone there would know something about it.
Think this is more of a SFO event then it is an UA event.

in the meantime, http://thebat-sf.com/2013/12/02/new-...fo-sneak-peek/
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Think this is more of a SFO event then it is an UA event.
That is exactly it. This is not a United event (which is not to say that they won't be involved), so it's not surprising that their Twitter team don't have the details.

Further details are available on the SFO website, specifically http://www.flysfo.com/media/press-re...-boarding-area

Officially opening day is only 3 days later on Jan 28, so the only real benefit of going on the 25th is that there might be less people (or not...)
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docbert
That is exactly it. This is not a United event (which is not to say that they won't be involved), so it's not surprising that their Twitter team don't have the details.

Further details are available on the SFO website, specifically http://www.flysfo.com/media/press-re...-boarding-area

Officially opening day is only 3 days later on Jan 28, so the only real benefit of going on the 25th is that there might be less people (or not...)
I was hoping UA might be a bit more responsive. Even if they're not running the show, they've mentioned it in their marketing (which was linked from their Twitter account) and I'm guessing they have a significant role.

Also, there aren't actually additional details at that link. If there had been, I wouldn't have asked UA.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Also, there aren't actually additional details at that link. If there had been, I wouldn't have asked UA.
Given the event is still 7 weeks away, I would expect that such details have not yet been worked out - otherwise they would have been included with the SFO airport press release.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:56 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some further details: "We're sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have no details at the moment. Try back in the morning for more information."

Sigh. They tweeted a link to an article that referenced this open house. You'd think someone there would know something about it.
You were most likely sent to a call center/tweet center that was outsourced and is only good at reading from a script.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
You were most likely sent to a call center/tweet center that was outsourced and is only good at reading from a script.
Actually, the twitter responders are a small group of like 15 people. They sign the tweets. Unless they're just lying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.