Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SAVER 1st class seats on Lufhansa with UA points summer 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAVER 1st class seats on Lufhansa with UA points summer 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K
oh boy! it seems people already wiped out all F availability during Oktoberfest...I really wonder if LH will honor this?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Smile

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
oh boy! it seems people already wiped out all F availability during Oktoberfest...I really wonder if LH will honor this?
Honor?
IMHO, yes..tickets were sold for the normal fare/rate.

BTW:
Since most everyone will be connecting in Toronto, perhaps we could coordinate a party, with the mayor.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Billiken
Since most everyone will be connecting in Toronto, perhaps we could coordinate a party, with the mayor.
O'Canada..

Party at YYZ Maple Leaf Lounge?

Why airport codes of Canada all start with letter Y?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by CXtoQF
In all honesty, LH F is good but not great. First Class on LH w/o FCT experience is not worth mile burning this way. I will burn my remaining 75k UA miles in January with a weekend in Dubai on a DFW-FRA-DXB trip
What better option is there if you are originating from the US and want to go to Europe? There are few to none, especially using easily accumulated miles with no fuel surcharges.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
That's ONE way to, er, stay awake and fully enjoy the LH F service trans-atlantic!

Originally Posted by kb1992
Why airport codes of Canada all start with letter Y?
Not all do, but see here.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Booked 8 F TATL one ways . Still 200K miles to burn. But it was a relief that the devaluation will leave me much less unscathed.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Is anyone still finding F availability for YYZ-MUC? I'm not seeing it anymore today! (I should have booked when I had the chance last night...)
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Is anyone still finding F availability for YYZ-MUC? I'm not seeing it anymore today! (I should have booked when I had the chance last night...)
Unfortunately, numerous individuals made speculative bookings, which will eventually be returned to inventory when these people decide they don't need multiple trips to MUC. By then, of course, those seats won't be available for UA Saver Awards.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mre5765
Booked 8 F TATL one ways . Still 200K miles to burn. But it was a relief that the devaluation will leave me much less unscathed.
Very smart!

Guess your massive shopping F mileage tickets help UA's liability book this quarter.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

BTW:
Lol! I'm sure he'll gladly supply some rum and coke. But we should stop with the wise cracking.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I learned my lesson to never wait until "later" to book a good deal.

I was working last night so was able to jump on it.

I got 2 seats MUC-YYZ next summer - will probably be the last time my wife and I will ever get to experience LH F.

I was able to "Smizek" United one last time.

Thanks for the memories....and the dogs thank you for the duckies!

Last edited by nachosdelux; Nov 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: www.jeffsetter.com
Honor?
IMHO, yes..tickets were sold for the normal fare/rate.

BTW:
I think by that time we can call him the former mayor.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:02 pm

Also another one in for oktoberfest!

Going to Chengdu, and Munich. Asiana F LAX-ICN, Thai F BKK-MUC, Lufthansa F MUC-YYZ.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Just checked and noticed 7 out of 8 seats are indicated as occupied on the July flight I booked MUC-YYZ. I'm guessing everyone of those are flyertalkers.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes that itinerary is kosher. You currently have a stopover in Toronto (since that connection is >24 hours. You could still add an open jaw in Europe. For example: MUC-LHR (OJ) CDG-MUC. Or if you tighten up that YYZ connection to less than 24 hours you can add a stopover in Europe. For example: MUC-LHR (OJ) CDG-MUC-(Stop)-YYZ.
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
It's held but it's not ticketed. No one can take the seats from you but if LH puts the kibosh on this between now and tomorrow you might be SOL since it isn't ticketed (and even if it is we're still too early to know if LH will honor them but you can be sure if it isn't ticketed it's unlikely to be honored whenever they do finally put the kibosh on this, since presumably they'll just pull the inventory and it'll be similar to the phantom inventory situation).
Ticketed the reservation.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4643/x1i5.jpg

405,000 miles and $600. And that's the last of my UA miles.

Thank you very much for your help. I was worried that it wouldn't ticket because I don't see any availability now, and the first agent said that she had no way to check and that I'd have to call Lufthansa (I asked her to MAKE SURE that the availability was there before I transferred some UR points over).
Had to hang up and call again to find someone who knew what I meant.
So glad to have that "call me now" feature.

Looking forward to this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.