Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Nice article on retiring UA flight attendant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K-MM

From my local town paper:

Flight attendant soars through 45 years on the job
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.7mm
A must read for all "self loading cargo". Great post, thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Nice read-thanks for posting ^
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Assume she got hired at 20, so she is now 65 years old, I am not sure but I think there is someone have higher seniority that she does since she base in ORD.

Usually those with highest seniority that base in ORD will fly ORD-HKG instead of ORD-PEK.

I have a friend "only" have 30 years seniority base in ORD can hold ORD-PEK/PVG as purser with no problem.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Good article. I have to quibble with the line "they took a 300-mile cab ride across Africa to Nairobi" though. 300 miles doesn't get you across much in Africa (though I don't doubt it was a long, hot cab ride).
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Assume she got hired at 20, so she is now 65 years old, I am not sure but I think there is someone have higher seniority that she does since she base in ORD.

Usually those with highest seniority that base in ORD will fly ORD-HKG instead of ORD-PEK.

I have a friend "only" have 30 years seniority base in ORD can hold ORD-PEK/PVG as purser with no problem.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/us...anted=all&_r=0
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Iris Petersen

There was also Iris Petersen who flew until she was 85.

I had the pleasure of flying with her circa 2000 in FC to NRT. It was a pleasure, but not everyone agreed with my assessment, at least those of us on Flyertalk.... LINK
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I have no problem with letting her have her day in the sun. The profession is certainly not as glamorous as it used to be for the west, but for the far east and middle east it is still a very desired profession and competitive to get in.

The flight attendants on UA in general I would love to see the average age. On international routes I'm talking. Definitely over 50 IMO. In and of itself not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.