Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Have you managed to price that as a LAX-CDG award?!
No, unfortunately not allowed as a single award.

Try US Airways!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by mherdeg
The consensus in that thread is that you missed the boat. Hope you weren't holding out for TPE-JFK.
I don't think the OP has missed the boat entirely. It depends when they want to travel. Per the UA Insider BR award availability should be back on the MP search engine shortly. And you can always try calling it in to UA and see if they can book it that way. My guess is they are currently off line (manual) with BR and it might take 48-72 hours to confirm award reservations.

I took that flight when it was EWR-TPE-EWR in the old Premium Laurel seats. It was ok if you were looking for a relatively quick and convenient way to/from southeast Asia, but the hard and soft product did not come close to other *A options like OZ and NH. The new PL product is getting favorable reviews but still looks to be a generation behind the industry leaders.

SunLover
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by SunLover
The new PL product is getting favorable reviews but still looks to be a generation behind the industry leaders.

SunLover
But miles ahead UA.....
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:52 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
For those of us not familiar with eva air....do all of their business class products to the US have lay flat seating?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Ericka
For those of us not familiar with eva air....do all of their business class products to the US have lay flat seating?
To JFK yes, I am not sure about other destinations.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I flew YYZ-TPE and back a week or so ago. The Royal Laurel seats were wonderful. The soft product was great too. Not a flight to be missed. I believe JFK also has RL seating. FYI: booked b/f availability showed then was pulled on .bomb so I can't help with that

Cheers -

Originally Posted by SunLover
I don't think the OP has missed the boat entirely. It depends when they want to travel. Per the UA Insider BR award availability should be back on the MP search engine shortly. And you can always try calling it in to UA and see if they can book it that way. My guess is they are currently off line (manual) with BR and it might take 48-72 hours to confirm award reservations.

I took that flight when it was EWR-TPE-EWR in the old Premium Laurel seats. It was ok if you were looking for a relatively quick and convenient way to/from southeast Asia, but the hard and soft product did not come close to other *A options like OZ and NH. The new PL product is getting favorable reviews but still looks to be a generation behind the industry leaders.

SunLover
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by sjmoss23
To JFK yes, I am not sure about other destinations.
I was reading the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...rel-meals.html

They were talking about Royal Laural meals on flights to/from TPE ... JFK, YYZ and SFO.

I was looking at the EVA web site and could not find anything definitive about what routes have the new hard product.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was looking at the EVA web site and could not find anything definitive about what routes have the new hard product.
I found the press release here, looks like SFO, LAX, JFK, YYZ, and CDG all have the new hard product already. AMS and LHR routes by August.

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/news-rel...chiveYear=2013

I'm hoping the online award booking will come back soon on United..
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by smfnrt
I found the press release here, looks like SFO, LAX, JFK, YYZ, and CDG all have the new hard product already. AMS and LHR routes by August.

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/news-rel...chiveYear=2013

I'm hoping the online award booking will come back soon on United..
That's good to know. Thanks for the link. ^

You can still look on the ANA site and then call in to UA. I have read reports here that UA will wave the phone booking fee for this.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
EVA space is now back online!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Yup...my alerts kicked right back in as expected.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:49 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm what Matthew mentioned, last night we turned BR space back on at united.com. The comprehensive range of city pairs is still flowing through all channels but we expect to be up to full speed shortly.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Damn... the date I want for nonstop travel is not available. But the dates prior and after are.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yup...my alerts kicked right back in as expected.
What alerts?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was able to view BR availability just now, including some short-term C-awards! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.