Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Launches MileagePlus Small Business Network-NOW ENDING Dec 31, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Launches MileagePlus Small Business Network-NOW ENDING Dec 31, 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

Thought y'all might want to know...

United Airlines Launches MileagePlus Small Business Network

United Airlines announced the launch of the MileagePlus Small Business Network, a program that allows business to earn and redeem miles. Participating business can earn miles by purchasing goods and services from various vendor partners of the program, which include printing, shipping, credit card payment processing, office supplies, and computing services providers....
Old May 17, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
If UNITED IT infrastructure is any indicator, I wouldn't hold my breath that this will work seamlessly.

I like the shot of JFK T7 and the old branding. Off to a good start.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
It actually issues your business a MP #...
Old May 17, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA - 1K MM, AA - EXP, DL & US - Kettle, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold, HiltonHonors - Gold
Thumbs down I created an account

It gave me a new FF#, I am a 1K why would I want to start all over?
Old May 17, 2013, 2:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
direct link

promo e-mail text
Business as usual becomes business with rewards: Introducing the Small Business Network

Earn 1,000 bonus miles with the MileagePlus Small Business Network

Imagine earning award miles for your small business's day-to-day spending, like paying utilities, shipping packages, purchasing computer equipment, and processing credit card payments.

Introducing the MileagePlus® Small Business Network, a program that rewards participating companies that put everything into their small businesses. Enroll your business today and earn 1,000 bonus miles after transacting and earning 100 miles with our Network partners.
partners
Old May 17, 2013, 2:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by scherzva
as it states
This account will be separate from personal MileagePlus member accounts.
this an account for the business.

T&Cs (addendum to normal MP T&Cs)
Small Business Network Members

Each member of the Program that is not an individual shall be subject to each of the rules set forth above. In addition:

39a. Each such member shall be a business that (i) is duly organized and validly existing in the United States under the laws of the jurisdiction of its organization, and (ii) is enrolled in the MileagePlus small business network (“Small Business Network”).

39b. Each Small Business Network member is responsible for ensuring that participation in the Program complies with the applicable policies and practices of such small business. Any act of a Small Business Network member’s owners, directors, officers, employees, agents or contractors shall be deemed to be an act of such member.

39c. Notwithstanding the prohibition in Rule 6 above regarding delegating or granting access to third parties, Small Business Network members may participate in the Program by means of an authorized representative of the business. The authorized representative of the business shall be the individual designated by the member as its primary contact. By participating in the Program, each member represents that the individual designated as its authorized representative has been duly appointed and authorized as such and that the authorized representative of the business is at least eighteen (18) years of age. Each member shall be responsible for ensuring they record and maintain account information in such manner so as to comply with the policies and practices of their business. Requests for changes to a member’s account, such as a change of the authorized representative, will not be honored without the member satisfying established requirements for account validation.

39d. In addition to the restrictions in Rule 7 above, none of accrued mileage, certificates or awards are transferable as part of a transfer of or assignment by a business.

39e. A Small Business Network member providing mileage awards to its employees for employee recognition or incentive purposes, as opposed to wages or compensation for services, shall not constitute a violation of Rule 8 above.

39f. Small Business Network members are not eligible to accrue mileage for flight activity.

39g. Miles may not be accrued by the Small Business Network member’s account and any individual member account(s) (including any member account of such Small Business Network member’s owners, directors, officers, employees, agents or contractors) for the same qualifying account activity, except as expressly allowed under the applicable MileagePlus partner’s offer.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scherzva
I'm fascinated by folks who don't read details/terms & conditions, and then expect a different outcome. And then blame others.
Old May 17, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm concerned about the links to Hertz and Avis. Now instead of me earning miles on my rental, my employer will? Hope this doesn't lead to companies earning air miles for my travel instead of me.
Old May 17, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS mostly
Hmmm, is it now possible to have "a small group of employees"
working through a home-like business share a single account thereby
pooling FF miles to everyone's benefit?
Old May 17, 2013, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magemarq
I'm concerned about the links to Hertz and Avis. Now instead of me earning miles on my rental, my employer will? Hope this doesn't lead to companies earning air miles for my travel instead of me.
Probably only for the smaller companies - large companies can't manage that well with a more complicated expense management system.
Old May 17, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
One can get the same points just using the Shopping Mall, and has 'way more choices of vendors.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll52
One can get the same points just using the Shopping Mall, and has 'way more choices of vendors.
Exactly. This "launch" is a dud before takeoff.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tcraig
Hmmm, is it now possible to have "a small group of employees"
working through a home-like business share a single account thereby
pooling FF miles to everyone's benefit?
Strangely enough I have a small business at my home with two normal-sized and two short-of-stature employees that could benefit from such an arrangement.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP
Hawaiian Airlines has a program that sets up a central corporate account. Each employee still maintains their own FF# and miles are basically doubled (you get yours and the company gets the same amount). Provides additional perks on same day changes, cheaper airfares, and a few others. Pretty useful.
Old May 17, 2013, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetAway
Exactly. This "launch" is a dud before takeoff.
But not apply it all to a separate MP account, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.