Arrivals Lounge at ORD GONE???

Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG
Arrivals Lounge at ORD GONE???

When I looked a few weeks ago I swear that there was a listing for an Arrivals Lounge at ORD. It seems to have disappeared. Anyone know?

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
There was in July of last year: http://web.archive.org/web/201207280...s/default.aspx
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG
So that confirms that they did remove it from the website. Did they close the Arrivals Lounge?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Was it ever really an arrivals lounge? I know it was advertised as such, but it's really just the F lounge with showers.

Not a convenient lounge for arriving international passengers, unless they are connecting on UA.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
No changes whatsoever. The Arrivals facility is really an extension of the IFL with 6 or so shower suites. A door at the back of the UC leads there during opening times in the morning. It's great for connecting pax, however I'm not sure how pax who terminate in ORD would go about re-entering security after immigration.

Don't worry about the web site... since the merger there hasn't been a decent/proper section about Arrivals and First class lounges.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Interesting that the SFO listing still shows an arrival lounge....
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 1K (I miss CO) & 1MM; AA Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
So is there no where to shower in ORD for arriving United connecting passangers? None of the United Clubs in ORD list showers on the website.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
There are some showers adjacent to the UA IFL at ORD.

They have always been called "Arrivals lounge" and had open hours posted only in the morning...maybe staying open until Noon or slightly after. Accessible by First Class and Business Class International arriving passengers during this time. No access with regular United Club membership.

Access after the official hours was a YMMV situation. I was able to use them once in the late afternoon after a TPAC arrival, but others had reported differently.

Since the "arrivals" at ORD has been de-listed from UA.com, I have no idea what the status of this is.

And no, there are no shower facilities at any of the regular United Clubs at ORD.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting that the SFO listing still shows an arrival lounge....
Originally Posted by goodeats21
And no, there are no shower facilities at any of the regular United Clubs at ORD.
SFO still has one, that's why ;-) Unlike ORD, it's a completely separate lounge and landside, good if you terminate from Asia/Australia but useless ex-Europe since those flights land in the PM.

There are no showers at any regular former RCCs, only at select former President's Clubs, ditto for family rooms btw...
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pat+
It's great for connecting pax, however I'm not sure how pax who terminate in ORD would go about re-entering security after immigration.
I've done this as a terminating ORD pax. The deal was, they will issue you a gate pass if you really want to access it, but most people who terminate in ORD will usually just proceed to their homes or hotels. Most UA ORD intl arrivals are in the afternoon anyways, so there's no "meetings" to go to, and if you lived in the area, you'd probably prefer to just go home. My case was I knew I had to find a hotel, but didn't know how to book one, so I went back into the IFL, showered, and then they gave me a voucher to book the Hilton at the "distressed pax rate," even though I was far from "distressed." I put in a 30 hour stopover at ORD on purpose so I could go into the city and do some sight seeing, can't turn down a bonus mini-vacation
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
I used the ORD arrivals facility as recently as December 13th. It is now open well into the afternoon. I'm not sure of the closing time - 4? 6 perhaps?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I used the ORD arrivals shower on Dec 29 at 3pm; I was immediately invited to do so when I entered the IFL in advance of my onward domestic connecting flight, having come inbound on UA882.

Also, it was still there last Jan 14 when I was at the IFL heading outbound.

Sounds like a Web/info problem, not a facility change.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UA900

SFO still has one, that's why ;-) Unlike ORD, it's a completely separate lounge and landside, good if you terminate from Asia/Australia but useless ex-Europe since those flights land in the PM.

There are no showers at any regular former RCCs, only at select former President's Clubs, ditto for family rooms btw...
Used the SFO Arrivals very recently coming off the SYD flight in F, which was late arriving.

(There is also a VERY nice SFO First lounge with showers in It'l Terminal)

We got there either 10 to 9am, or 10 to 10 - can't recall now, as SYD flight was late, and guy basically said "go away, we close in a few minutes."

We were connecting onto NYC so wanted a shower after 14 hours on the plane, and told him as much, and boy was he peeved he could not go home.

Showed us both into ONE shower cubicle. Told him that was absurd and he grudgingly agreed to one each.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:17 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Is this lounge still available for UA Int'l First Class arrivals?

We will be coming from LHR-ORD with an onward connection on UA to IAH. Will we be able to access this FCL? Maybe also have a shower?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:22 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by b8b
Is this lounge still available for UA Int'l First Class arrivals?

We will be coming from LHR-ORD with an onward connection on UA to IAH. Will we be able to access this FCL? Maybe also have a shower?
Yes and yes, as long as you qualify.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.