Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-IAH equipment change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
NRT-IAH equipment change

During my obsessive watch of all my res/seat assignments, I just noticed my Jan 2013 NRT-IAH flight no longer has a seat map and has notice "Reaccomodation Pending". Agent says they're getting new equipment on this route and nobody knows what/when.

I hope not Goodbye to my wonderful CO metal 777 w the 2-2-2 config and Hello to that 2-4-2 product they dare to call BF on the UA planes?
...or maybe Hello 787 Dreamliner? @:-)

Has anyone heard anything?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
NRT-IAH equipment change

My guess it would be a UA metal 777....I doubt it will be a 787 though.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:02 am

I have not heard anything. And if it was going to change to an sUA 777 then the flight # would also change. I'm still seeing it as Flight 7. Flight 7 is also the flight # for the NRT - SIN to be operated by sCO.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
same thing happened to my SFO-LHR. 747 changed to a 777-200 for March
same reaccomodation pending message. Gimme a 787 and I m happy
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Maybe they are getting rid of the 2-2-2 seating on the sCO birds and in the spirit of merging the 2 airlines going w the 2-4-2 accross the fleet

Ok, not really but anyone that says the sUA seats suck have no idea that they are talking about. Of course CO's layout of 2-2-2 is much better then UA's but that's where it ends. The UA seats are MUCH more comfortable. They don't have that little cubby hole for your feet, which is the WORST & ruins what would have been a good seat for sCO. It goes without saying that the IFE on UA is much much better then CO's few movies. The one thing CO had you beat with was the food. The sCO BF catering was better then even the GF food on UA but of course now they ruined that by going w the cheapest gruel they could find
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
I have the IAH-EWR on the 787 in early Jan and I got the "reaccomodation pending message" on the seat map for that flight now.. Still listed as the Dreamliner.. The funny and scary thing is my connection flight after the 787 flight is EWR-MAN (Manchester UK) and is showing an ERJ145 as the equipment, I know this is wrong, i'm sure it is just a "system bug".. it is showing the 757 seat map.

Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by little_dc
I have the IAH-EWR on the 787 in early Jan and I got the "reaccomodation pending message" on the seat map for that flight now.. Still listed as the Dreamliner.. The funny and scary thing is my connection flight after the 787 flight is EWR-MAN (Manchester UK) and is showing an ERJ145 as the equipment, I know this is wrong, i'm sure it is just a "system bug".. it is showing the 757 seat map.

The whole system is screwed up right now. None of my seat assignments is correct. My upgraded flights show Y & my full C flights show Y seats and say "upgrade confirmed" (except I didn't upgrade)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
I've seen "reaccomodation pending" on a few of my reservations since 3/3 that ultimately did not lead to a flight number change/equipment swap of any kind.

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Ok, not really but anyone that says the sUA seats suck have no idea that they are talking about. Of course CO's layout of 2-2-2 is much better then UA's but that's where it ends. The UA seats are MUCH more comfortable. They don't have that little cubby hole for your feet, which is the WORST & ruins what would have been a good seat for sCO.
^^
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
I've seen "reaccomodation pending" on a few of my reservations since 3/3 that ultimately did not lead to a flight number change/equipment swap of any kind.
^^

The agent at the 1k desk said it IS an equipment change as of Jan 2. She also said there will be wifi on the new plane, but not much else.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've got the reaccomodation pending message for 3 of my 4 return segments from BKK on Jan. 1 (thankfully, my upper deck upgraded seat BKK-NRT is still there). I thought this was related to a sched change I accepted (SEA-ORD 1 minute departure time difference and went from 320 to 739 - which is a good change presuming its not one of the "dark" aircraft, ORD-CVG 30 minute time change). But when I called in to ask about it , the very helpful CSR said something to the effect of, are the seat maps still down - this is going to be a very long day). She said she would keep my PNR to make sure my old seats came back if the maps were updated. Also said they got a memo about the seat maps issue, but she thought it would be fixed by now - apparently, its not.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
It appears that for 2013 - they have no idea what they are doing.
A lot of domestic flights seem to be placeholders - A319s. Look for example at LAX-SFO in February - all A319s, and check that vs November - and a healthy dose of 757s

Maybe the 777s are also generic placeholders for long hauls - and the real equipment is just not known yet.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
It appears that for 2013 - they have no idea what they are doing.
A lot of domestic flights seem to be placeholders - A319s. Look for example at LAX-SFO in February - all A319s, and check that vs November - and a healthy dose of 757s

Maybe the 777s are also generic placeholders for long hauls - and the real equipment is just not known yet.
Perhaps they are placeholders, perhaps not. Different times of the year get different aircraft. There were plenty of 757s on ORD-SFO in July/August, but very few in Sept, at least when I was flying.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I have not heard anything. And if it was going to change to an sUA 777 then the flight # would also change. I'm still seeing it as Flight 7. Flight 7 is also the flight # for the NRT - SIN to be operated by sCO.
Usually the re-accommodation pending message goes away by this time today. There was a thread that NRT-SIN was moving to exCO 777 but today's schedule change puts my NRT-SIN (UA7) in Feb on 767-300 but cannot see the seat map and do show a seat assignment
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by chavala
The agent at the 1k desk said it IS an equipment change as of Jan 2. She also said there will be wifi on the new plane, but not much else.
That agent has no clue what's she's talking about, as I checked the internal system and I'm still seeing it as flight 7 which means it's still an sCO operated flight.

Originally Posted by CDKing
Usually the re-accommodation pending message goes away by this time today. There was a thread that NRT-SIN was moving to exCO 777 but today's schedule change puts my NRT-SIN (UA7) in Feb on 767-300 but cannot see the seat map and do show a seat assignment
Also incorrect. If it was to move to an sUA 763 the flight # would stay in the 8xx series of flights #s. sCO operated flights will always be in the 1-199 range, and the 1000-1799? range. sUA operated flights are in the 200-999 range.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 22, 2012 at 11:30 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
It goes without saying that the IFE on UA is much much better then CO's few movies.
How many times are we going to go through this? The content is now the same, it's the interface that's different. You keep saying it, but it's wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.