Wiki Posts
Search

Live 787 Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Live 787 Unveiling

Is anybody watching the live unveiling of UA's first 787? They just brought her out and she looks great!

Oops I just realized I should have posted this in the 787 delivery thread, sorry mods! Please move!

Last edited by dinoscool3; Jul 31, 2012 at 7:14 am Reason: Mods
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I was watching, but the comments being made by the other viewers were sounding too much like an "adult" site.
Examples include: "Oh baby!", "Let me see it!", "Here it comes!", and "I wanna ride that!".
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:16 am

Just ended.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The version of Rhapsody was pretty distasteful..
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I happen to have loved it.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
They were cycling through several different performances.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
With Boeing's main commercial airliner plants being here in the Seattle area they had this live this morning during the local news (KING TV is what I was watching). I watched clips of the replay as I wasn't up quite that early... the news anchors were ooohing and aaahing over how nice the special gold wave is down the side of the plane. I laughed because while the wave is a nice touch and it's a beautiful plane.. the livery is still hideous. That extra wave can't save it.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
With Boeing's main commercial airliner plants being here in the Seattle area they had this live this morning during the local news (KING TV is what I was watching). I watched clips of the replay as I wasn't up quite that early... the news anchors were ooohing and aaahing over how nice the special gold wave is down the side of the plane. I laughed because while the wave is a nice touch and it's a beautiful plane.. the livery is still hideous. That extra wave can't save it.
Do they know the "wave" is a Boeing stock paint job?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So, for those of us who couldn't log in on line to watch it live, is there a reason it isn't available on HubUnitedcom for viewing? The next time it will be available is August 2nd.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Filed under "things people really need to get over".

Are there photos up of the new livery anywhere yet? I've seen the renderings but couldn't figure out whether the belly was white or CO-beige. A white belly would, I think, be a huge improvement, especially on the 744s (which look rather ungainly when top and bottom are different shades).

edit: Oh wait, here it is:

I like it. If they can paint the bellies of all future birds (of all models) in white, while straightening out the yellow stripe, I think they'll have better-looking and more modern-looking planes without a massive change in corporate identity.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by halls120
So, for those of us who couldn't log in on line to watch it live, is there a reason it isn't available on HubUnitedcom for viewing? The next time it will be available is August 2nd.
Maybe they are doing editing to it?

It costs them money to rebroadcast on ShowCaster -- not sure why they just don't upload it to vimeo and call it a day.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:49 pm

any pics of the UA 787 unveilng

I cant seem to nything but artists renderings of the altered 787 livery. usatoday has a small one.

id think there would be threads on FT related to the event.

any help? Id like to send some pics to a few friends.

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: VAG
I clagged one into this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...unveiling.html
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by dlen111
I cant seem to nything but artists renderings of the altered 787 livery. usatoday has a small one.

id think there would be threads on FT related to the event.

any help? Id like to send some pics to a few friends.

Thanks
Grass fire

Last edited by HowieG; Jul 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
There is four photo posted by United on Facebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.