Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

United Months of Miles

Just got an email from United. Apparently 1k miles for completing any 3 partner activities till Nov. 20. The rub is that you can do it again and again.

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by abcx
Considering that my email says 'Complete 4 activities and earn 500 miles'.....

I'm thinking I got screwed.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CM Platinum, Marriott Gold
My email was a little different. Its a complete 4 transactions and earn 500 bonus miles. It allows you to do it over and over again.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hobo13
Considering that my email says 'Complete 4 activities and earn 500 miles'.....

I'm thinking I got screwed.
Mine also said 4 activities and earn 500 miles...I feel the same way.

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
$10 minimum on retail purchases, so one itune at a time won't quite do it...

my offer was 1000 miles per two transactions.

I just got it too, but mine is 500 miles for 4 transactions (I'm a 1P). Having a heck of a time finding any T's & C's on this thing.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat1A

Where did you see that? I can't find the T&Cs. Also, I was thinking dining.

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Just got an email from United. Apparently 1k miles for completing any 3 partner activities till Nov. 20. The rub is that you can do it again and again.

Yes, I am...

Got the 4 for 500 but a check of the T&C says nothing about doing what I think you're thinking about (and what I am thinking about)...

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by Seat1A

Same offer.

Could anyone get to the T&C? The link sent me in a loop back to the same page.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
I can't find the T&Cs. Also, I was thinking dining.
T&C to follow:

Terms and conditions: 1. This offer is valid only for original recipients of a direct mail or email invitation to this offer and is non-transferable. 2. Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members currently residing in the 50 United States (including Alaska and Hawaii). 3. To qualify for this offer, members must register and complete a minimum number of qualifying transactions with a qualified MileagePlus business partner (excluding airline partners and Visa® Card partners) within the valid offer period. For a complete list of MileagePlus partners, visit united.com/everydaymiles. 4. Registration must be completed prior to any qualifying transaction. 5. Register anytime on or between August 11, 2011 and September 10, 2011. 6. The registration period will conclude at 11:59 p.m. on September 10, 2011. 7. Mileage earning/Offer period: Partner transactions must be completed between August 11, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. (CST) on November 20, 2011 in order to qualify for this offer. 8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer. 9. Transactions must be credited to the MileagePlus account number of the registered member in order to qualify. 10. Note: Some hotel and retail partners require membership in their program in order to earn MileagePlus award miles. 11. Taxes and fees related to partner transactions are the sole responsibility of the member. 12. Registered MileagePlus members must meet the minimum number of partner transactions required to earn bonus award miles - no partial credit will be awarded. 13. Registered MileagePlus members will qualify for the applicable bonus each time they reach the required number of partner transactions. There is no limit to the number of bonus award miles that may be earned during the offer period. 14. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. 15. Please allow 8-12 weeks after offer end date (November 20, 2011) for posting of bonus award miles. 16. The "qualified MileagePlus business partners" referred to in term #3 are rental car companies, hotels, or other entities who offer products or services as awards in the Program and who, in some instances, permit the accrual of mileage to members who utilize their products or services. The partners are independent entities, and United® is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners. 17. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. The MileagePlus program, including accruals, awards and bonus mile offers is subject to change without notice. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit mileageplus.com. 18. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
3 transactions get 1000 miles...
I can't tell specifically, but does using my MP Visa count as a transaction? It kinda looks like it does, but then this would be far too easy.

At first glance i thought it said 3 transcons gets you 1k miles, which I felt was stupid to send to a midwest based flier. Then I actually read what it said. I still felt stupid, but the mailer made more sense.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pagotto
T&C to follow:

Terms and conditions: 1. This offer is valid only for original recipients of a direct mail or email invitation to this offer and is non-transferable. 2. Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members currently residing in the 50 United States (including Alaska and Hawaii). 3. To qualify for this offer, members must register and complete a minimum number of qualifying transactions with a qualified MileagePlus business partner (excluding airline partners and Visa® Card partners) within the valid offer period. For a complete list of MileagePlus partners, visit united.com/everydaymiles. 4. Registration must be completed prior to any qualifying transaction. 5. Register anytime on or between August 11, 2011 and September 10, 2011. 6. The registration period will conclude at 11:59 p.m. on September 10, 2011. 7. Mileage earning/Offer period: Partner transactions must be completed between August 11, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. (CST) on November 20, 2011 in order to qualify for this offer. 8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer. 9. Transactions must be credited to the MileagePlus account number of the registered member in order to qualify. 10. Note: Some hotel and retail partners require membership in their program in order to earn MileagePlus award miles. 11. Taxes and fees related to partner transactions are the sole responsibility of the member. 12. Registered MileagePlus members must meet the minimum number of partner transactions required to earn bonus award miles - no partial credit will be awarded. 13. Registered MileagePlus members will qualify for the applicable bonus each time they reach the required number of partner transactions. There is no limit to the number of bonus award miles that may be earned during the offer period. 14. Offer is combinable with other combinable offers. 15. Please allow 8-12 weeks after offer end date (November 20, 2011) for posting of bonus award miles. 16. The "qualified MileagePlus business partners" referred to in term #3 are rental car companies, hotels, or other entities who offer products or services as awards in the Program and who, in some instances, permit the accrual of mileage to members who utilize their products or services. The partners are independent entities, and United® is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners. 17. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. The MileagePlus program, including accruals, awards and bonus mile offers is subject to change without notice. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit mileageplus.com. 18. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
I don't see a minimum amount restriction on dining anywhere. Shouldn't be that hard to do $1 each? Problem is that we won't find out till after the promotion.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Offers from United? I haven't had one for about 3 or 4 years now. Not one.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:55 pm

Hello N00dle (Premier)
Take the Months of Miles Challenge.

You're invited to earn unlimited bonus award miles with our partners - any way you choose. Register instantly, then complete 2 transactions* and earn 1000 bonus miles for a limited time.

Thousands of partners. Unlimited bonus miles.

Now through November 20, earn unlimited bonus award miles when you shop your favorite stores, dine out with friends, stay at a hotel, rent a car and much more.

1. Register instantly or learn more at united.com/monthsofmiles
2. Choose from thousands of great partner offers
3. Make 2 transactions and earn 1000 bonus miles - then repeat as much as you can

Hurry, registration ends September 10, 2011, and offer ends November 20, 2011.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:57 pm

I don't see a minimum amount restriction on dining anywhere. Shouldn't be that hard to do $1 each? Problem is that we won't find out till after the promotion.
Waitress/Counter Person/Deli Clerk: "Gee Mr. ABCX, you sure drink a lot of Diet Cokes!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.