United Months of Miles

Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Small claims court case is scheduled for tues, april 24 at 9am. I will provide further details (and possible do meet up) soon!

mm
We just so happen to finish our North America headline tour April 22nd in Boston, and then fly out of Boston April 24th in the evening for Europe. How far is the court from Boston? I think you mentioned it's in MA. Gosh that would be hilarious if I could actually show up to this.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
We just so happen to finish our North America headline tour April 22nd in Boston, and then fly out of Boston April 24th in the evening for Europe. How far is the court from Boston? I think you mentioned it's in MA. Gosh that would be hilarious if I could actually show up to this.
oh you totally could and should!

Concord is about 30 mins west and so you could easily come to court and then be able to get to the airport well in time.

What time is your flight anyway?

There is an Aloft in Lexington, and that's only a few miles away and on a major highway. I'd meet you any of the days as well, as I live about 25 mins. north.

I'll do up more details later but yes, do come. I have no idea what will happen but it would be cool to see some FTers!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
oh you totally could and should!

Concord is about 30 mins west and so you could easily come to court and then be able to get to the airport well in time.

What time is your flight anyway?

There is an Aloft in Lexington, and that's only a few miles away and on a major highway. I'd meet you any of the days as well, as I live about 25 mins. north.

I'll do up more details later but yes, do come. I have no idea what will happen but it would be cool to see some FTers!
Dang... Our tour bus will just be dropping us at an airport hotel for the 23rd & 24th before our flight. Our flight is 10:20pm direct from BOS-FRA.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Dang... Our tour bus will just be dropping us at an airport hotel for the 23rd & 24th before our flight. Our flight is 10:20pm direct from BOS-FRA.
Then do consider that you can take a commuter train out to a town that is nearby. If you took the train TO either the towns of Concord or Lincoln, that would work... or to the town of Woburn, which is on my way down the highway (rte 95/128s) to Concord and the courthouse. I am not sure if I will be staying at me mum's house (in Concord) or leaving from mine in the AM to drive down there. I live north of Concord and so if I do drive down, Woburn is on my way. But either way, if you take the train to Lincoln or Concord, then this would be best option for me and you, and here are many things for you to look at:

Firstly, getting from the airport to the trains can be tricky (in the mind) but it's doable and doesn't take that long...

Assuming you are at one of the hotels at Logan, you would take a shuttle bus from the hotel/airport to the Blue line "T" station at the airport.

$2 gets you a ride in the subway known as the T. You could use a kiosk in the T station to load up a Charlie Card with say $2 on a CC or other form of payment with ease. Just follow the kiosk screens to get the card for even just one ride. It should let you load any $ amount. You would be riding INBOUND, or into the city of Boston (which is minutes away, as the airport is right there next to the city)

You could take that to Any number of stops that get you to The Green Line or Orange Line. Still in the T, switching subway lines wont cost you anything but some walking in the underground tunnels. Kinda cool actually. Very old school in some areas. Anyway you want to ultimately get to NORTH STATION where the Commuter Rail is, and the TD Garden, where the Boston Bruins and The Boston Celtics play. Commuter rail trains can now take you to the places listed above from this point. You would also be going against daily commuter foot traffic of people who work in the city both on the subways and the trains...

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

Notice the above map is color coded. While a bit confusing at first, all you would need to know is that you have to get from AIRPORT on the Blue Line to North Station on either the Orange or Green Line. You can see it on the map.

With the commuter rail http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/, you are heading OUTBOUND (from Boston, out West) to one of two lines... the Concord and Lincoln stops are on the FITCHBURG train, and the Woburn stop is called Anderson, and it is on the LOWELL train. Getting to Woburn/Anderson would take you about 25 mins.

If I am not staying in Concord (and I dunno yet) then I would be able pick you up at the Woburn/Anderson station if you left North Station at either 07:25am or 07:55am. Respectively, these trains arrive at Anderson at 07:50 or 08:17. There is a later arrival one but we still need to get to the court house, grab a coffee, get situation, use the WC etc. And beat any traffic. You can see the schedule here:

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma...Redisplay+Time

The Fitchburg train, which brings you to Lincoln or Concord, would be more ideal if I do stay over, but there's only one train for you to make:

the 07:27am gets you to Lincoln at 08:04am and Concord at 08:10am. Note that with both stops, you would need to tell the conductor you plan to get off at one of them so they know to stop. As you can see this ride is about 35+ mins.

Here is a schedule of those:

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma...Redisplay+Time

In any case, you can buy your commuter rail tickets at North Station inside at a ticket counter with any form of payment. If you try to buy on the train there's a surcharge. You may just want one way, as I will most likely take you back but even if you did not need that, the purchase of two one ways is not more--at least it hasn't been.

Again I will try to compile all this stuff more clearly later on, but you can see there are subways, trains and such that could get you there. It would be great to have FTers in the area... And of course in your case you will easily be back at the airport for that late night flight.

MM
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While the above info on the train and subway are cheaper and with more options, ($2+$7+/-) this option may work if I am able to pick people up on the way down....

One could also forgo the subway and train thing and if coming from BOS Logan Airport, consider this:

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...anExpress.aspx

http://www.massport.com/massport/gtu...es/Woburn.aspx

The second link above says:

Leaving Logan to Woburn
Weekdays 6:30 a.m. - Midnight every half hour

Adult One-Way Fare: $12.00
Adult Round Trip Fare: $22.00

More information about Logan Express is available twenty-four hours, 1-800-23-LOGAN

The trip should be about 30-40 mins and would be against rush hour traffic for the most part if coming into Woburn from the city in the am on a weekday.

I am not sure if this could be of use, but perhaps this would take you from Woburn to Lexington, which is near the courthouse (and Cartera):

Woburn LEX Services
Paul Revere Bus 617-889-5899
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Just a suggestion, but perhaps there should be a separate thread elsewhere for the meet-up? Every time this gets bumped, I get irrationally hopeful that something has posted.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vaitrucci
Just a suggestion, but perhaps there should be a separate thread elsewhere for the meet-up? Every time this gets bumped, I get irrationally hopeful that something has posted.
Agreed. And I know how you feel
lol

Ok Well as said I have to get info together but have not had time and wont again til weekend. So those who wish to consider coming to court at end of April, take note of the above posts. More to come. I will try to set up a DO. Even if it's just like lunch or something. I aint never set one up. Just helped set one up once. So we will see. And I will later post a link to it here or sommin.

MM
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My miles posted... I think, just got a boat load of 1k "Description is not available" postings. Dated Feb 24th

Oh wow, I'll have to double check it later but I'm pretty sure all of my mile posted accurately, maybe plus or minus 1k.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:52 pm

Miles are in! 25K
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Holy moley - I get all 17k miles I was expecting.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
119K "Description is not available" just posted!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Something is definitely happening. I've got 53k in so far. Well short of what it should be, but they were not there an hour ago

What's weird is that they have an activity date of 2/24.....
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Mine all posted. 240K miles for 480 transactions.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Saw 4 posts and thought it might be coordinated trolling...

Then checked my account and nearly 500K posted so far.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:12 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
12k posted for me, 2K extra than what I planned on! WOW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.