Location: Chicago, Houston, or somewhere in between
Sneak Preview: New Mileage Plus/OnePass mileage transfer and Elite status tools
Hi Everyone, as most of you know, United Mileage Plus and Continental OnePass will continue to operate separately until we until they’re combined in 2012. As a result, we’ve received requests from members to be able to transfer miles and combine Elite earnings between accounts. Today, we’re pleased to give you, our power-users, a sneak preview of our new self-service tools that do just that.
Match Elite status and combine Elite earnings for your OnePass and Mileage Plus accounts. For those of you who have Elite Qualification miles and segments/points in both OnePass and Mileage Plus, you can now combine these earnings to earn Elite status, Regional Upgrades and Systemwide Upgrades. Go to united.com/combinemyactivity or continental.com/combinemyactivity for all the details.
As usual, we’re grateful for the feedback and your patience during this prototype stage. Enjoy!
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
Mileage transfer worked like charm. Took me 3 attempts to realize that I was asked for CO PIN (not password) but once I figured that out miles were out of my CO account an in my UA account within seconds.
Programs: AA EXP, UA LT 1K MM, Avis PC, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Foot note to the matching table in the Q&A states:
For elite status match, if you hold Platinum status but it was not earned based on EQM, EQS/EQP, you will be at the Premier Executive level.
1. So I guess that means that give away Platinums or wallet candy Platinums only get Premier Executive status match.
2. I guess this means that CO MM spouse/SO matches only get Premier Exec on UA (unless they flew more than 100K).
3. What about CO Infinites? Does this mean that CO Infinites with less than 100K miles in 2010 can only get matched to Prem Exec on UA? Is this defining the future of the CO Infinite program - which was presented when earned as having the most exclusive tier for life?
4. What about UA Lifetime status - 1P at 1MM and 2MM and 1K at 3MM.
Does a UA lifetime 1K who did not fly 100K in 2010 get the CO Plat with 100K travel priority?
5. What about CO MM lifetime status matches. Will CO 1MM get upgraded to 1P from Silver? What if a CO MM flies 3MM will they get lifetime Platinum - there is no 3MM level on CO at this time?
6. Lifetime UA 1P (from either 1MM or 2MM) - does a UA Lifetime 1P who flew less than 50K still get a CO Gold match?
For those of you who have Elite Qualification miles and segments/points in both OnePass and Mileage Plus, you can now combine these earnings to earn Elite status, Regional Upgrades and Systemwide Upgrades.
If you earn CR1's in your OnePass account, can you actually use them? I didn't think CO had a CR1 equivalent. Or if they do, do you only get to use them on CO metal?