Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United's Family Day Employee Open House: October 10, 2010 - "Fleet Week"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

PLEASE BE ADVISED: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! If you live in the Bay Area and would like to be placed on a waiting list for a last-minute ticket, please send an e-mail to the address mentioned in the following invitation. If you have already rsvp'd and received your invitation but discover you cannot make the event, please let me know at the same e-mail address so that I can clear Flyertalkers off the waiting list. Thank you!

Dear Fellow Flyertalkers:

United Airlines warmly welcomes you to join our employees and their families at our fifth annual United Family Day Open House, held at the United Airlines San Francisco Maintenance Center (adjacent to San Francisco International Airport). This year's event will take place from 11 AM to 5 PM on Sunday, October 10th, to coincide with San Francisco's Fleet Week air show.

A limited number of tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware: Flyertalker parking will not be available this year in United's lots, due to the great number of employees expected to attend this year's event. If you plan to drive to the event, please consider parking in the airport's Long Term Parking high-rise garage, located on North Airport Blvd., across from the United Maintenance Center. Further directions for both drivers and non-drivers will be included in an e-mail reply to your RSVP.

This year's Open House should be the best yet! In addition to aircraft displays and other aviation-related exhibits, children's activities, a display of employee-maintained classic cars, live music, and food and drink vendors, there are additional not-to-be-missed attractions planned this year that employees and customers alike of United won't want to miss! And as in years past, we would like to organize one team of loyal, hardy Flyertalkers to compete in our annual United Plane Pull contest. Please look for Plane Pull team instructions in the reply to your RSVP. The team will be formed on a "first-come, first-pull" basis, so don't be late!

To join our event, please send an e-mail to [email protected] (a new e-mail address for this year's event!) with the following:

1) Your Flyertalk handle. (Replies without your FT handle will not be answered. Your information will not be shared.)
2) Your full name.
3) If you'd like to bring a friend or family member along as your guest, please indicate who and how many. (In order to allow as many Flyertalk members as possible to attend, we must limit the number of guests to one or two. We cannot accommodate large groups with each Flyertalker.)

We look forward to hearing from you, and we hope to see you in San Francisco on October 10th!

-flyua and United Family Day team.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 8, 2010 at 8:20 pm Reason: Sold out.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: TG Gold, Marriott Gold
Already sent an email- look forward to joining this year's Fleet Week!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ualdenver
Already sent an email- look forward to joining this year's Fleet Week!
Ditto. Many thanks for the efforts and outreach by UA's Fleet Week folks at SFO. ^
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks for the invite! Really excited to join in for my first fleet week!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Just sent a RSVP. Never been but it sounds fun. Too bad none of my friends wanna go with. Lol. Thanks!!!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks for arranging this for us. Request sent!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:23 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Count me in!!! (hopefully my car won't get stolen the night before like last year).
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anyone interested, there's going to be a FlyerTalk dinner after the event, which should be a good time. If you're interested in that, please RSVP here.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:40 am

Awesome. I've been waiting for 2 years to attend.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to this and I just sent the RSVP.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
i'm in! +1 (katy1579)
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: UA MM / Plat
Thanks! I've sent in my request.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:07 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

flyua:

Dang it, I'll be in Tokyo then!!!!!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA1K
Dang, will be out of the country on business travel that week.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 2MM, LT RCC
Thanks FlyUA. Had a great time last year. Can't believe how far people come for this. Hopefully we can win the plane pull this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.