Lounge Options in YYZ

Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
Lounge Options in YYZ

Is there a RCC in YYZ? If not, can I use the MLL whilst flying FC on UA?

thanks,

nrg
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You can use the MLL, and even if there is an RCC, you want to use the MLL.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Are you sure that's correct? In many places outside the US (LHR for example) you can't use the lounge for another*A carrier if there's a RCC available.

nrg
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by nrgiii
Are you sure that's correct? In many places outside the US (LHR for example) you can't use the lounge for another*A carrier if there's a RCC available.

nrg
I get what you are saying, but LHR isn't the best example, since there isn't a RCC there and the new *A lounge is there for everyone

-jeremy
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You may use MLL at YYZ if you are a *G (1P or above). MLL at YYZ has been renovated recently and is much better than any RCC in the US.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

nrg
I don't believe that's correct. A *A lounge is a *A lounge, and I think they have to let you in. They may try to push you to the RCC, but if you push back, they're stuck.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:47 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I was just in the MLL at YYZ last week. UA Star Gold access permitted even with a coach ticket going transborder. ^

Hot soup, salad mix, fresh veggies, potato chips/veggie chips, freshly baked cookies and of course, unlimited, self-serve alcohol!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by channa
I don't believe that's correct. A *A lounge is a *A lounge, and I think they have to let you in. They may try to push you to the RCC, but if you push back, they're stuck.
this is true. you can access any *A lounge.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by haddon90
you can access any *A lounge.
Not true. The *A lounge at CDG will not allow you in if you're a UA *G, even if the RCC is closed. I do not know anyone who has been able to get around this (check out the *A forum).
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Even as a 2P? I thought you needed to be *G to get access (even on a F ticket)?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Even as a 2P? I thought you needed to be *G to get access (even on a F ticket)?
That was my next question: can a lowly 2P get in to the MLL when traveling in FC? Anyone done this?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver

nrg
Not to be too pedantic, but he said you "want" to use the MLL instead of the RCC. Whether you can or not depends on dragon guarding the lounge.

Anyway, there is no RCC in YYZ; you have no choice but to attempt to exercise your *A rights and use the MLL.

EDIT: Since OP asked if there was an RCC, and implied he would get access, that implies he is an RCC member. RCC members get MLL access regardless of status, class of cabin, or international/domestic ticket. I'm not sure if AC considers F class on non AC metal to the USA to be international F; if so, OP would be allowed into the MLL regardless of status or RCC membership per *A rules.

Last edited by mre5765; Jul 21, 2009 at 10:22 am
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mre5765
Not to be too pedantic, but he said you "want" to use the MLL instead of the RCC. Whether you can or not depends on dragon guarding the lounge.

Anyway, there is no RCC in YYZ; you have no choice but to attempt to exercise your *A rights and use the MLL.

EDIT: Since OP asked if there was an RCC, and implied he would get access, that implies he is an RCC member. RCC members get MLL access regardless of status, class of cabin, or international/domestic ticket. I'm not sure if AC considers F class on non AC metal to the USA to be international F; if so, OP would be allowed into the MLL regardless of status or RCC membership per *A rules.
I'm not a RCC member, but was told previously in this forum that I'll get RCC access in PDX and SFO because I'm traveling in FC. YYZ is where I'm unclear.

nrg
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I thought you needed to be *G to get access (even on a F ticket)?
No, anyone gets access with an F ticket, even a non-member.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
No, anyone gets access with an F ticket, even a non-member.
Except on transoceanic/international flights, eh?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.