Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Question Consolidated "Where are the e-fares for this week?" Thread [Merged]

Just like the title says... Go to the e-fares page and says "no e-fares available" http://travel.united.com/ube/efares/us/eFares.do
Is this becaues of the snow that has been hitting DEN and moved into ORD?
Or is the .bomb a little slow in posting the e-fares?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I got my E-fare email this morning, and it said "no E-fares for this week" as well.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
The "Your United E-Fares -- Domestic and International deals priced to go" email I received today said "Note: There are no E-Fares for this week."
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
actually I didn't get the e-mail yet.... I just checked the e-fare page.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: Sexy UA 1K
Got the same email and my first reaction was ...

Why UA would send an email like this is beyond my comprehension... If there is no efare, I just would not bother sending the email...

Very funny. :-:
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by beamMeUp38
Why UA would send an email like this is beyond my comprehension... If there is no efare, I just would not bother sending the email...
If you subscribe to e-fares, you EXPECT to receive them every week. If United didn't send the e-mail on weeks when they didn't offer e-fares, many would complain about their "inconsistency"...
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
But price out common e-fare flights on .bomb in the regular system and you see "Last Minute Fares" are there! Some reasonable ones too.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Do they omit e-fares during the month of March due to Spring/March break? Just wondering if this is the case.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:41 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by neuron
Do they omit e-fares during the month of March due to Spring/March break?
They haven't done that in the past. I suspect it's a glitch.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
They haven't done that in the past. I suspect it's a glitch.
Its not a glitch as there was an e-mail explaining there were no e-fares offered this week. United has had weeks in the past when they do not have domestic e-fares, international e-fares, or both. The last time I remember it was in the spring of 2006, but it was after Spring Break.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by C-5Crewdog
Its not a glitch as there was an e-mail explaining there were no e-fares offered this week.
The fact that the email indicates no e-fares does not imply there is no glitch - it only means that if there's an error, it's pervasive. It could as easily be that the e-fare database incorrectly returned no matches so all the automated emails contain bad data. The e-fare email always lists two weeks' worth of deals. As I recall, last week's email contained e-fares for this week. Therefore, I still believe it's an IT error. flyinbob's comment above also supports this belief.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:43 am

i agree that this is some sort of glitch. Last weeks e-fares included an amazing assortment of city pairs for this weekend. I cannot believe that much would have changed.

Also a booking of IAD-SFO for this weekend brings up "Last-minute special fares" options for 300 bucks or less but only if you meet the normal esaver time restrictions.

Its a glitch.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
I also believe this is a glitch, I just booked my routine next weekend E-fare from FAT-BOS for $315 all in. As long as you meet the following booking restrictions
1) T Class Available on all flights
2) Depart AFTER 7:00PM on Friday
3) Return on Monday or Tuesday

You should be able to book without any problems for either this weekend on next weekend. Typical example of united.com being unreliable
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
We haven't had any e-fares out of Houston now for a couple of months... is it that UA is doing so well out of IAH--in the first quarter? Or could it be that it just got dropped off the list one week and never got added back on? We used to have them pretty consistently.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:07 am

Looks like the same problem as last week again. The web site says no web-fares available, but when you go to book a specific city pair the "Last-minute special fares" option is available if you meet the day/time criteria...

IAD-SFO for Mar 16-19 is available at 295 all in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.