Wiki Posts
Search

KWI Airport Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Lounges In Kwi

Does anybody knows if UA has a lounge in KWI. Will flying back to IAD on the 18th
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While UA does not have a Red Carpet Club there, they do have a contracted lounge. I am sure someone who has done this flight can fill you in on which one it is.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
I was told that I could use the Kuwait Airways lounge behind security (upgraded into C). Unfortunately, I spent too much time at the pre-flight inaugural ceremonies in the Kuwait Air premium check-in area, and had to board immediately when I got to the gate.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the lounge have booze? And if so, is it free?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA1K
alcohol is prohibited in kuwait.

wireless - have you had time to upload your trip report? i have been hoping to read this for quite some time!
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:40 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Just flew from KWI. United contracts with The Dasman Hall. This used to be the old first class lounge at KWI.

Very nice and beats all the RCC clubs anywhere. Nice hot meal buffet -- but of course NO ALCOHOL.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
RCC equivalent in Kuwait

Going to Kuwait in the near future. Anyone know if there is there a Star Alliance lounge (RCC-like) in the Kuwait airport?
Old Jun 29, 2007, 2:24 pm

Welcome to FT!

This is a useful tool for this matter:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...t=101312668293
Old Jun 29, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
Originally Posted by GRB051111
Welcome to FT!

This is a useful tool for this matter:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...t=101312668293
This is a cool tool --thank you for posting ^
Old Jun 29, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
is there a *A lounge finder tool out there??

this tools is better than anything else i have seen so far, so thanks for that

it is is still a heavily LH biased tool, which makes perfect sense.

has anyone found a *A wide lounge finder tool? it makes no sense to me that there is no tool like that on the *A website. oh, well....
Old Jun 29, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Star Allliance Lounge table

Try this:
http://webwork.staralliance.com/book...cessChart.html
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P, RCC
KWI Airport Lounge [merged]

After waiting since 5pm to check in for my 12:40 am flight around 9pm (dont ask why I was at here 4 hrs early) I decieded to check out the airport lounge, for more that just Star Alliance I believe, here. The fee for a non-status (Gold or above) member is 9 KWD, roughly 33, is worth the price. There is ample seating in multiple small areas and the food and amenities offered are ok. This is my first time using a lounge however, so I don't have the knowledge of what other RCC/Star Alliance lounges offer. If you are passing through and have a few hours layover, I would reccommend checking it out since seating is extremely limited in the terminal.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, wherever you end up spending it.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the hot meal buffet available all day? Is this also the same lounge that other airlines like Gulf Air use or is the Pearl Lounge better?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:36 pm

Hot buffet always available

In my experience, the hot buffet is available all day and night. Great reclining chairs also available in this lounge. Once of the best around...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH M&M, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Avis NotLast, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
KWI Lounge

Hot & cold buffet runs all day. No booze but there is a very nice coffee bar (Starbucks clone). Shower rooms are ok too (and necessary after dealing with the local heat), albeit sparse as far as amenities go - you get a bath towel and that's about it.

UA doesn't open check-in until 3 hours before the IAD flight so if you are a transit C, F or *G pax go to the lounge and they will write down your info to bill UA. They usually will ask you to bring your BP later so they can copy.

Even if not C, F or *G it is well worth paying for entry, as KWI is a horrible airport for the masses. With all the money Kuwait has, you'd think it would be like DBX, but instead it makes IAD's A concourse look like the LH FCT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.