Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Red Carpet Club Access Questions" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Red Carpet Club Access Questions" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No drink chits since it's not transoceanic, but you do get RCC access.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:11 pm
ERS

Programs: Delta, United, PC Platinum
Okay my turn to sound really stupid but after 28 pages Clarification is needed. Flying MHT-YVR soon and will be XF to and from ORD-YVR. I am not status at all just a normal member but since this is an international flight I should be granted RCC access in ORD Correct? Just no drink chits. (see I did read..) Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:18 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ERS
Okay my turn to sound really stupid but after 28 pages Clarification is needed. Flying MHT-YVR soon and will be XF to and from ORD-YVR. I am not status at all just a normal member but since this is an international flight I should be granted RCC access in ORD Correct? Just no drink chits. (see I did read..) Thanks.
Without status, or RCC Membership you will not be allowed to enter.

If you are *Gold / 1P / Prem Exec or above they in theory should admit you.

US *Gold does not get this privilege for Canada I believe.

Scratch that. Didn't read XF. sry

Last edited by AMRivlin; Feb 17, 2009 at 11:24 pm
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Without status, or RCC Membership you will not be allowed to enter.
This is not correct. F to Canada grants RCC access, although no drink chits.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:27 pm
ERS

Programs: Delta, United, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
This is not correct. F to Canada grants RCC access, although no drink chits.

Thats what it seemed like but I wasn't sure. TY. Not like I have much time in ORD anyway.. Just about 1.5 hours either time. One is in the morning other near dinner, is it worth stopping by and grabbing something to munch on?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by ERS
One is in the morning other near dinner, is it worth stopping by and grabbing something to munch on?
If you´re interested in dry crackers or overwaxed apples, sure.

F.R.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
point of clarification:
AS a United Star Gold member, you can use any lounge on the same day that you've flown internationally on Star Alliance (as long as you've got an outbound Star flight)... even if it's on seperate tickets.
Travelled early February SEA-SFO-LHR, all on United, with a 2 hour layover in SFO.

SEAttle Red Carpet Club front desk informed me that *A Gold members will no longer be admitted for the first leg. The first lounge I'd have access to under the new rules would be in SFO.

He said that this is a change in policy directed by his management.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by kkirksea
Travelled early February SEA-SFO-LHR, all on United, with a 2 hour layover in SFO.

SEAttle Red Carpet Club front desk informed me that *A Gold members will no longer be admitted for the first leg. The first lounge I'd have access to under the new rules would be in SFO.

Have you sent a communication into UA asking for clarification? SEA has some great agents, but that is wrong based on what's normally happened. If it is yet another "enhancement" to access, it represents a MAJOR change. If just doesn't seem right though and sounds like you got an agent who was given some new procedure but didn't fully "get" the change perhaps.
Please post when you get an "official" response.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:07 am

Programs: Alt E50K, Marriott (Gold)
RCC Renewal

Hello

My membership to RCC expires this month. I cannot imagine there being any reason to renew it but I thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else saw it differently.

I fly from Canada on AC and I have elite status with Aeroplan which gives me the same lounge access(?). I think that means I would be tossing money away to renew the RCC.

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by croco
Hello

My membership to RCC expires this month. I cannot imagine there being any reason to renew it but I thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else saw it differently.

I fly from Canada on AC and I have elite status with Aeroplan which gives me the same lounge access(?). I think that means I would be tossing money away to renew the RCC.

Thanks
Agree, if you have *A Gold status on a carrier other than UA/US, you'd have RCC access for any day when you're flying a *A carrier.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kkirksea

Received this from 1K email - *G have RCC lounge access all the way, when flying UA.

[email protected])
Sent: Wed 2/04/09 12:23 PM

"Thanks for contacting us regarding our Red Carpet Club access.

Here is some information that may be helpful. For admission to an International First Class lounge, Star Alliance lounge, or Red Carpet Club, present your same day international First or Business Class ticket, or Star Gold card, on the appropriate carrier along with your boarding pass or United Red Carpet Club membership card. Customers ticketed and traveling on United will have access to United lounges throughout their travel itinerary. Other Star Alliance carriers permit access at the departing airport only."

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 18, 2009 at 9:19 am Reason: per policy
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bucketlist
Received this from 1K email - *G have RCC lounge access all the way, when flying UA.

[email protected])
Sent: Wed 2/04/09 12:23 PM

"Thanks for contacting us regarding our Red Carpet Club access.

Here is some information that may be helpful. For admission to an International First Class lounge, Star Alliance lounge, or Red Carpet Club, present your same day international First or Business Class ticket, or Star Gold card, on the appropriate carrier along with your boarding pass or United Red Carpet Club membership card. Customers ticketed and traveling on United will have access to United lounges throughout their travel itinerary. Other Star Alliance carriers permit access at the departing airport only."

Thanks for the clarification. I just had a very frustating phone call with the Red Carpet Service Center, 866-822-5827 who stated to me that 1K members with an Economy class International ticket DO NOT get Red Carpet Club access. I escalated this to a supervisor because I wanted to see if he would confirm the blatantly incorrect info and he DID.

Oh well, obviously not that big a deal but you would think that you could get correct info from the RCC Service Center.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 18, 2009 at 9:20 am Reason: per policy
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:21 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by bucketlist
Received this from 1K email - *G have RCC lounge access all the way, when flying UA....
Since you were improperly denied access I would ask for a one-time RCC pass as compensation. It happened to me once and I got a $200 cert but this was before they tightened down the compensation rules.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
Not sure about access...

I have read nearly all of the 25+ pages on this thread, and I'm still not sure so looking for clarification from the experts.

My wife and I will be flying FRA - LAX - SMF on a business class award ticket. Flying from FRA on LH and changing to UA for the SMF leg. We have a 4 hour layover in LAX. My understanding is we will have to claim our luggage in LAX and then recheck the bags to SMF, and also change from the international terminal to the UA terminal. The flight to SMF is CR-200 so not ticketed in F or C.

Will we be able to get access to the RCC in the UA domestic terminal based upon our C ticket on LH on the same day? Is there a way to use the *A lounge in the international terminal without leaving our luggage to mindless circle the carousel?

By the time of the flight I will be 2P so no Gold status

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As a same day bussiness class traveller, you should have access to the available *A lounges, including RCC

Star Alliance Lounge Access for International Business Class: Customers who present an international Business Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have access to all members' designated business departure lounges. Guests are not permitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.