Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL Q4 2010 Earnings Conference Call Thread [Discussion, Highlights, etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold

Here are the year end results from UAL:
http://ir.united.com/phoenix.zhtml?c...992&highlight=

* UAL reported fourth-quarter 2010 net income of $160 million or $0.44 diluted earnings per share excluding $485 million of special items consisting primarily of merger-related costs and other special charges, an improvement of $347 million compared to the pro forma results year-over-year. On a GAAP basis, UAL reported fourth-quarter net loss of $325 million or $1.01 diluted loss per share.
* UAL reported pro forma full-year 2010 net income of $1.6 billion excluding $765 million of special items, resulting in a net margin of 4.8 percent. On a GAAP basis, UAL reported full-year 2010 net income of $253 million.
* UAL consolidated passenger revenue increased 15.8 percent in the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to the pro forma results for the same period in 2009. Fourth-quarter 2010 consolidated passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) increased 11.5 percent compared to the pro forma results year-over-year.
* UAL ended the year with $8.7 billion in unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments.
* Employees of the combined company earned $224 million in profit sharing for full-year 2010.

Here is the link to the conf call (it starts at 10:30EST):http://ir.united.com/phoenix.zhtml?p...ventID=3661203

I will be in the air during the call, so I will listen to it when I get home.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:48 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
UA/CO beet estimates 1.6b profit pre spec items (merger costs)

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....992&highlight=

Make that "beat" in the title.

Looks like jhayes already has thread, so mod, delete if necessary, thnx.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 26, 2011 at 9:25 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
According to this Bloomberg report, "Seating capacity will increase 1 percent to 2 percent for 2011, the company said, chiefly on the international flights that are typically more profitable than domestic routes."

I could be wrong, but I think this means that nothing will happen to E+ until at least 2012. It seems to me that adding E+ to CO or taking it away from UA would have a much bigger impact on overall seating capacity than the 1 to 2 percent guidance cited above.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I wonder what this means:

" selected key technology platforms "

in the release. Which platforms?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by fastair
Make that "beat" in the title.
And I thought this was going to be about a change in the meal services and how many beets the estimated they'd serve.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:22 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

From the earnings call today...

- Seat configuration announcement in 30-60 days
- Co located in all hubs by end of 2Q (assume this means SFO too)
- Checkin at any counter starting late spring
- Combined website selling late spring
- United Club rolls out in 3Q
- Combined loyalty program details still "later this year"
- Before that....account combinations will roll out "soon"

An analyst noted they reduced their domestic capacity forecast -- and wondered if that baked in an assumption of expanding E+. They ignored the question for now.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 26, 2011 at 9:24 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I hope they keep the UA site.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

T2 in SFO is due to open late April 2011 and American is moving there. This should give plenty of space for CO to move to T3. [Slightly OT and apologies if this has not been discussed elsewhere.]
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by jmr50
I wonder what this means:

" selected key technology platforms "

in the release. Which platforms?
Reservations systems, back end systems, development platforms etc.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So on the key issues (loyalty program, seat configuration), plan is to delay (bad news) as long as possible so that flyers will have higher switching costs if they plan to change carriers for 2012
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by hellyea
I hope they keep the UA site.
It's been reported already, they will use CO platform for web.

This means, you have to call to sponsor an upgrade. Not doable on web.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:38 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
So on the key issues (loyalty program, seat configuration), plan is to delay (bad news) as long as possible so that flyers will have higher switching costs if they plan to change carriers for 2012
Source that this is the plan and the reason? You state this, not use the word "opinion" nor end in a question. Please site the source of this statement.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kb1992
This means, you have to call to sponsor an upgrade. Not doable on web.
Though to be fair, I feel I have to call in to UA often now due to my desired UG instrument not being available in the drop-down window...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm not sure how saying seating configs will be announced in 30-60 days is dragging their feet.

You'll know that by the end of the first quarter. They've also made 2012 upgrade instrument benefits clear before this year started.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

- Checkin at any counter starting late spring
- United Club rolls out in 3Q
- Combined loyalty program details still "later this year"
- Before that....account combinations will roll out "soon"

An analyst noted they reduced their domestic capacity forecast -- and wondered if that baked in an assumption of expanding E+. They ignored the question for now.
I'm wondering if they are building a completely new website, or if this will just integrate our info to the CO site.. While I do hope to see things like specifying fare class, and the upgrade lists, I like .bomb a bit more.

30-60 days for seating? They've had since October 1st...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.