Wiki Posts
Search

Drink chits in 1k package

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Drink chits in 1k package

Hi All: I just made 1K, and I got my 1K package in the mail a few days ago, with my shiny new "1K" card. A friend who made 1K a few months ago told me that when he got his package, it came with a sheet of 10 drink chits. I had no chits in my welcome package, so I called the 1K line to see about it. They told me that they don't send out any chits in 1K packages.

?

So....who's right? Should I keep pressing for the chits that I never got, or did my buddy just get lucky?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: United 1MM, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I got 10 with my annual credentials mailing (one that comes out in January). Don't recall getting them mid-year when I first made 1K....and I also didn't get the SWU's until the following January if I recollect.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, UA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I got the 10 pack of drink chits. I got my package at the end of July.

-Kevin
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
Simply, can I use my United drink chits on a Continental flight? Anyone have any experience? I am referring to the drink chits as a result of being a 1K.

Now wait a minute, I am not talking about using the drink chits sometime in the future or as part of some grand policy announcement. I know there must have been FT'ers who have undoubtedly already tried this. I am looking for an answer from those who have tried.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 15, 2010 at 3:20 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
i got drink chits.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Unless policy has recently changed (and a lot has changed lately), Continental will not accept UAL drink chits. They wouldn't accept them on my CAL flight a few months back.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:52 am
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
UA chits on CO: any update?

It's been a few months since the last post, and I'm wondering if anyone has recently tried using UA drink chits on a CO flight. A friend of mine is flying CO tomorrow and I'd like to give him some, if they can be used.

Any results?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
I didn't get drink chits; didn't even get my package with 1K card. Called 1K last week..."It was sent in NOV2010". Didn't receive. They will not send drink chits, but will send replacement 1K card. I asked why not drink chits? They did not have an answer.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by aku
It's been a few months since the last post, and I'm wondering if anyone has recently tried using UA drink chits on a CO flight. A friend of mine is flying CO tomorrow and I'd like to give him some, if they can be used.

Any results?
Used them with no problem on 770 IAH-SFO a couple of Thursdays ago.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Mine came with the drink chits and work no problem
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: QR platinum
Originally Posted by perlman007
Mine came with the drink chits and work no problem
+1 (got mine mid January, first time 1k)
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
A report from a CO FA? mentioned that UA drink chits were now accepted on CO flights. IIRC, it's the same with CO drink chits (if they have any)
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:27 am

CO FA looked in utter confusion two weeks ago. However did get the F pursuer to grab me a glass of wine though. Very much appreciated.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I got my card in early Jan with drink chits.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
I called in January asking where my kit was, and was told it went out in November.

I had seen no such thing, so they sent a new one my way (actually showed up in less than two weeks to my surprise)

The kit was a standard kit with brochure, card, drink chits and GTEM cards, so it seems even duplicates can come with the chits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.