Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat

Per a post on a.net, the first flight is 914 SFO-IAD on April 23rd (this Friday), returning that same day as 975 (IAD-SFO).

United Cargo lists those flights as "77Q".

The seat maps still reflect the old configuration, but the flights are zeroed out in F and C, even though empty seats remain.

Moderator's Note - This thread exists to help members easily find the POSSIBLE flights operated by United's reconfigured 777. Please use the existing thread for general questions and discussion regarding the overall conversion program. Posts in this thread that are off-topic will be moved or deleted. Thank you.

Originally Posted by United PR
Ladies and Gents,

OK, OK, you've compelled United PR to come out of the silence and into the light.

It's no secret that the first reconfigured 777 is getting its final walk-throughs even as we speak, and no secret that SFO will figure prominently in its initial flying.

But I caution you: its routing will be very fluid over the next few weeks.

I'm sure you remember from when we launched the new configuration in the 763s and the 744s that plans change (and planes change). There's a good chance the 777 we're all waiting for will not operate UA914 this Friday, as some folks have been discussing here. And the LAST thing we want is for you to book or change a reservation in the course of chasing this aircraft just to be disappointed when you board.

At this point, that's really the best I can tell you about where it's going and when. But stay tuned and we'll tell you what we can when we can.

United PR

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 21, 2010 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Per a post on a.net, the first flight is 914 SFO-IAD on April 23rd (this Friday), returning that same day as 975 (IAD-SFO).

Nice consolation price for some folks leaving for/held up in Europe travelling SFO via IAD, if the schedule holds up. ^
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
Anyone on 914 or 975 this Friday? Let's see photos!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

The seat maps still reflect the old configuration, but the flights are zeroed out in F and C, even though empty seats remain.
Now that FAA certification has been completed I'd expect to see new seat maps loaded tonight.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA1K 1MM
Lucky day?

Oooh! Oooh!

I'm in C on UA 914 SFO to IAD on 4/24. Please, please, let it be the new configuration on Saturday the 24th too! If it is I promise a trip report with pictures.

CB
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Wiki updated to show N794UA to begin service on 23 Apr 2010.
Originally Posted by CaptainBilly
Oooh! Oooh!

I'm in C on UA 914 SFO to IAD on 4/24. Please, please, let it be the new configuration on Saturday the 24th too! If it is I promise a trip report with pictures.

CB
unitedcargo.com shows 914 on 24 Apr as new config 777. We will hold you to your promise. Please take notes of seat maps as united.com is not updated yet. But remember that in all the past conversions there were lots of equipment swaps, don't be too disappointed if it gets changed as this should be only the second day of the new service.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Apr 21, 2010 at 12:15 pm
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jet Yi
I'd expect to see new seat maps loaded tonight.
You actaully expect UA IT to act quickly?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CaptainBilly
Oooh! Oooh!

CB
That'd be awesome for you and FT!

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Telling from the first conversion, it looks like the -ER models could be converted first, fuelling speculation (my own of course) that the longerrange routes might see new configs sooner. Would make sense, as one gets more out of the new seats the longer the flight.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:19 pm

Ok...probably my stupidity...but I'm not seeing 77Q come up as equipment on UA914 on 4/24 on ualcargo.com
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You (I am not a "wikiier") might want to update the % as well:

50.5 % overall
5.5 % for the XI
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA1K 1MM
I just checked my itinerary on UA 914 SFO -> IAD on 4/24. I was able to access the seat assignment function. So far the flight is showing the old seat map.

The fare buckets are F1, A1 and everything else = zero.

CB

unitedcargo.com shows 914 on 24 Apr as new config 777. We will hold you to your promise. Please take notes of seat maps as united.com is not updated yet. But remember that in all the past conversions there were lots of equipment swaps, don't be too disappointed if it gets changed as this should be only the second day of the new service.
I won't be disappointed as I know how chancy this is. I do remember the first reports that you did of the conversions. I'll do my best to give this board a first look. I won't have a tape measure though.

CB

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 21, 2010 at 12:33 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:30 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by gpicur
I am unclear as to how many 777s have been refurbished and now certified to date ? Any chance one of these "fresh birds" might be used on UA 977 DXB-IAD on 4/28/2010 ??
N794UA is the first prototype and the rumor is it's international service will be to LHR. Don't count on seeing an IPTE 777 in DXB that soon.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
You (I am not a "wikiier") might want to update the % as well:

50.5 % overall
5.5 % for the XI
Oops, missed that, thanks.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Apr 21, 2010 at 12:53 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Well, I actually don't see why this would be "quick". UA has clearly had specifications for months, since the bird was refitted to match some predermined plan. The mystery is why they've delayed posting the new config.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Never. It took them SIX months to update the site from "Seat maps coming Fall 2009" to "Seat maps coming Spring 2010". They also don't show a 777 in for the reconfig.. It only says 747 & 767s done, 777 conversion starting Feb 2010..
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:48 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by chrislacey
Ok...probably my stupidity...but I'm not seeing 77Q come up as equipment on UA914 on 4/24 on ualcargo.com
http://www.unitedcargo.com/utilities...es%29+,+DC-IAD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.