Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GoGo Internet on p.s. Flights (Prices, Codes, Experiences, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoGo Internet on p.s. Flights (Prices, Codes, Experiences, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:26 am

Any new codes that are working?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
Couldn't find a Gogo discount code and finally had to break down and pay today JFK-SFO.

Gogo is running a 15% discount if you pay on their website (gogoinfight.com) before boarding ($11 versus $12.95).
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ckjmglee
Couldn't find a Gogo discount code and finally had to break down and pay today JFK-SFO.

Gogo is running a 15% discount if you pay on their website (gogoinfight.com) before boarding ($11 versus $12.95).
You can even get it cheaper ;-) https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefo...gent-switcher/
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kexbox
Very clever ^

You cab also use Safari to do this. Just enable the developer menu and you can pick different user agents too.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:43 am

Yipp. Just wanted to make it easyer to less-"teccie"-users.

Kexbox
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, BA Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kexbox
can somebody explain this?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dearbee
can somebody explain this?
Beleive someone is suggesting to make your laptop appear to be a PDA on the network and recieve the lower connection price.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Beleive someone is suggesting to make your laptop appear to be a PDA on the network and recieve the lower connection price.
Exactly.

PDA (i.e. iPhone) receive lower fares, they are identified by the so called user agent which can be changed with the above mentioned plugin for firefox.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UAL Plat, 2+MM, AA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
wifi no-joy: Feb 24 #5 JFK-SFO

First time I can remember having non-functional wifi on a P.S. aircraft. So used to it was sure my laptop wifi radio was off. Got VERY curt response from biz class FA when asked if gogo was working or not.

P.S. wifi "plan B" = Ambien so pretty uneventful flight after that frustrating news.

It goes without saying that expectations of availability are rising to the level of wifi being no different IFE or any other equipment - even more important since some (like me) will take this routing because of P.S. and wifi even when the JFK connection options are worse or more expensive than thru traditional hubs like ORD or IAD.

<off soapbox>
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spikerjack
First time I can remember having non-functional wifi on a P.S. aircraft. So used to it was sure my laptop wifi radio was off. Got VERY curt response from biz class FA when asked if gogo was working or not.

P.S. wifi "plan B" = Ambien so pretty uneventful flight after that frustrating news.

It goes without saying that expectations of availability are rising to the level of wifi being no different IFE or any other equipment - even more important since some (like me) will take this routing because of P.S. and wifi even when the JFK connection options are worse or more expensive than thru traditional hubs like ORD or IAD.
Did you ask for compensation?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Did you ask for compensation?
+1

I'm surprised that the FAs did not hand out skykits. Unless your flight was tagged for compensation, you may not get anything until you contact UA.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:38 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

I'm surprised that the FAs did not hand out skykits. Unless your flight was tagged for compensation, you may not get anything until you contact UA.
Congrats on 10,000 posts, sir! ^^^
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Very clever ^

You cab also use Safari to do this. Just enable the developer menu and you can pick different user agents too.
Just picked up a Mac Book Air. How is it done in Safari?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Motion122
Just picked up a Mac Book Air. How is it done in Safari?
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/0...-agent-string/
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:08 pm

No compensation for no GoGo

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

2/22 UA 34 SFO - JFK No wifi announced in beginning of flight, told to go to compensation site, though there's no options for any compensation, obviously problem not logged in the system
2/23 UA 19 JFK - SFO No wifi announced at the gate. Flight attendants also told passengers "sorry" when many asked on board. No mention of skykit or compensation.

Anyways, got really disappointed that both outbound and return flight do not have internet connection, and wrote to Customer Relations. Got this reply :

"Thank you for contacting customer relations. I am sorry for the disappointment that you expressed and regret that the paid option for wifi connectivity on your recent P.S. flights from San Francisco to New York and return was unavailable. There are times when this option may not be available. Your understanding is appreciated.

If you paid for this service and did not receive it, a refund can be processed through United.com / Services & Information / Refunds. You will be directed to fill out a refund form.
"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.