Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pat89339
It didn't smell all that great either. Oh, I forgot to add that it was heated. This one I am going to send to 1K voice to ask just what the heck it was supposed to be.
Am I the only one who thinks it looks pretty good?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
It appears that so far you are! If you're flying out of ORD remember to order the LCML.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
yes.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
ORD-SEA 3/8 Low Calorie Meal (breakfast). Seriously.

Looked like a couple of canned peaches, apple chunks, cranberries maybe? Neither I, nor the FA could figure out what the blob of greasy dough was on the right. I opted for the BOB yogurt parfait from the back.
I was served the same blob for breakfast in PS C from JFK-LAX. I had to survive on all the other stuff on the plate and was hungry 2 hours into a flight - asked if there were any snacks and was rudely brushed off. Had to go buy a snackbox from Y. Seriously, that was the MOST unappetizing meal I have seen in ages. Yuck.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 12, 2010 at 9:48 am Reason: removed image from quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
The "Blob" is Served for 4 Types of Special Meals

ORD-SEA 3/8 Low Calorie Meal (breakfast). Seriously.

Looked like a couple of canned peaches, apple chunks, cranberries maybe? Neither I, nor the FA could figure out what the blob of greasy dough was on the right. I opted for the BOB yogurt parfait from the back.
I'm aboard a JFK-LAX breakfast flight and the guy sitting next to me was just served the "Blob".

added: one of the FAs later told me that he's eaten it and likes it. To each his/her own I guess
The FA asked if he wouldn't rather have pancakes?

The pax declined, took the Blob meal and when I asked him about it said that he had it before and it was fine (he then added he doesn't really fly for the meals).

Btw, even though he's had it before, he wasn't quite sure exactly what the actual blob was made of.

I asked what type of meal he ordered and he said Vegan.

Later I happened to be in the galley and asked the FAs what the actual blob was and none of the FAs knew for certain. One believed it was some sort of grain and not a dumpling or dough product.

I mentioned my surprise that it had been served for Vegan when I thought it was a Low Cal meal?

At that point, another FA chimed in saying he's served that same meal for Diabetic as well as Hindu special meal orders.

So much for me trying a Hindu meal now

I was also mentioned my surprise that it's used as a Diabetic meal as it smelled pretty sweet but I guess it could have artificial sweetner?

Fwiw, it also smelled like they had a heavy hand with the cinnamon.

So that's the latest report and mystery continues....

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 12, 2010 at 9:48 am Reason: removed image from quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Originally Posted by bk3day
another FA chimed in saying he's served that same
meal for Diabetic as well as Hindu special meal orders.
Looking pretty good is optimistic, but it's certainly not up there on the disgusting
scale. It looks like a corn fritter with a bite taken out of it. Not diabetic food, I'm
sure, though.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
No offense, but I don't think UA's food is worthy of a close up zoom . We might discover a leftover cockroach leg left from the DEN kitchen
Forgot about this and ate my meal from DEN-SEA yesterday... Now I know why I woke up feeling sick!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Update on The Blob...

I heard back from 1K Voice this afternoon. Well actually it was one of those boilerplate sorry you didn't like your meal responses with a $150 ecert. She never answered the 2 questions I asked about the guidelines they follow for LC ML and whether this will be served on my flight on Sunday. I fired back another email asking them to kindly respond to the questions asked.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Body by United

I was chatting with a FA on a recent PS flight and we were talking about the food quality, and how poor it has become. The FA was actually happy about it, because it helped him avoid "Body by United" syndrome....
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UA116 LAX-ORD 3/12 1:11PM departure A320

New nuts in a white plastic individual bag. Kings Delicious Nuts Mixed Nuts. net weight 1 ounce. Made Especially for United.

Caution:Contents may be hot ( but they were not on this flight)
Ingredients Almonds, Cashews, Pecans, Canola Oil, Salt . Kosher Pareve

I asked FA who said it was the first flight that she had seen them on .

Shrimp or Hot Turkey and cheese sandwich both served with tomato lentil soup.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by u600213
UA116 LAX-ORD 3/12 1:11PM departure A320

New nuts in a white plastic individual bag. Kings Delicious Nuts Mixed Nuts. net weight 1 ounce. Made Especially for United.

Caution:Contents may be hot ( but they were not on this flight)
Ingredients Almonds, Cashews, Pecans, Canola Oil, Salt . Kosher Pareve

I asked FA who said it was the first flight that she had seen them on .
Good Day.

On flight UA#69 from LAX to LIH on March 11, 2010 my family and I got the "gourmet mixed nuts" from "Kings" in their plastic bag.

Did United Airlines missed the chapter about being "green" & "healthy"?

You should try them after they spend a couple of minutes in the oven...

Great service however on this flight to Lihue and a first as far as those "plastic" bagged nuts are concerned.

Gone is the porcelain nut holder and the classy service.

Come on United Airlines, an improvement would be less salt and dry roasted.

Get a grip. You can save money and deliver quality as well as healthy nuts solely based on your buying power.

If you can't, may I apply for the job (although I am gainfully and successfully employed) ?

I have worked in the food industry for over 26 years and you need help.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Woah! This is MAJOR news. No more hot nuts in the ramekins?! Expect a 5-page+ thread to follow. And I'll add my huge

Gotta love it, as United adds free alcohol, which I give a ^ to, in Economy over the atlantic, it "enhances" domestic First service with this. As usual, United continues to be consistently inconsitent. I do, however, expect these "enhancements" to continue with UDU coming up. Again,
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
I had hot nuts last night SFO - DFW...in addition there was a shrimp salad or a hot turkey sandwich.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
15 March 2010

Flight: UA230(LAS-DEN)
Aircraft: 757-200
Departure Time: 1444 (2h 2m duration)
Meal: No Meal Service (First Class)

Pre-Departure: The usual water or OJ offered in a plastic cup.

After-Departure:
  • Beverage of choice in a glass

No "cocktail snacks" were loaded. F/A told me that LAS has no pre-packaged nuts available at the moment. So, no (pre-packaged) nuts on the short-haul "No Meal Service" flights.

Channel 9: On ^
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SonomaTanning
I had hot nuts last night SFO - DFW...in addition there was a shrimp salad or a hot turkey sandwich.
Whew.......

Sounds like it was just a catering snafu ex-LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.