Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Unlimited Domestic Upgrades Program (Data through March 18, 2010) [Merged]

United's Unlimited Domestic Upgrades Program (Data through March 18, 2010) [Merged]

Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Wonder how this will impact CR1s.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I'll give this a ^ provided we will still have SWUs to use for international travel!
Just wondering . . . is this in doubt? I'm not up to date on the news but is there any real talk of getting rid of SWUs for international?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
guess it's time to start burning my CR-1's. WOO HOO!!!

except... now all the F cabins will be 100% sold for those of us who buy last minute tickets or do the 3-hr changes... unless they make everyone waitlist until boarding.

also, does anyone else think CR-1s will still exist for advance confirmation? how about mileage upgrades?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA S
^ but as a 1P, Im a bit worried...
Im wondering how it will affect my upgrade chances now that every 1K gets automatically upgraded before me.
And how will they order within the tiers? fare class?

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
I'll give this a provisional ^, pending the details.

Concerns:

1) Will e500s just disappear/become meaningless? I don't see how they won't, and that means those of us who weren't grandfathered in to the conversion to RDMs upon expiration will be just SOL.

2) Will 1Ks still get CR-1s? It would be rather unfortunate if this benefit disappeared with the introduction of these CO-style upgrades. It would be nice to still be able to upgrade flights in advance on elite-heavy routes, rather than play the upgrade lottery.

3) Miles upgrades? Now there's even LESS reason for elites to pay the $50 copay - so come on, UA - eliminate it for us!

All-in-all, though, I think that once the kinks are worked out, this change will be beneficial, especially to 1Ks. Thanks, UA!

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I am going to become a United 1K very quickly.^^^

Safe Travels!
LAS

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG
I guess I need more information on this. I liked being able to pick and choose which flights I wanted to upgrade; it gave me a chance to sit up front. I'll wait to read the email tomorrow before I put on my sad face.

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
As a 1K - this should be a vewwy vewwy good thing...wonder what I should do with my 12 CR-1s?

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by DullesJason
Just wondering . . . is this in doubt? I'm not up to date on the news but is there any real talk of getting rid of SWUs for international?
I don't think the SWUs are in doubt as, on the UA 1K website, I can get mine early deposited for next year.

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by United PR

With our exclusive Economy Plus seating, new unlimited amount of domestic upgrades and systemwide upgrades that typically have the fewest restrictions compared to our U.S. competitors, you now have the industry’s most comfortable seating.
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I'll give this a ^ provided we will still have SWUs to use for international travel!
Sounds like we will still get SWU.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA G
Uhh, damn. Us 1P/2Ps are screwed. If we wanted complimentary upgrades, we would have just switched to CO.

Programs: UA
Interesting but I preferred the old approach using e500 or CR1's. But I also have more upgrade instruments then I can use so its easy for me to say. But this way I could get my wife at least once in a while an upgrade by sponsoring her. So now no sponsoring of relatives anymore ?
Also how does it work if e.g. 3 people are on 1 PNR like me going with my wife and son to Hawaii ?

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by danielb6752
guess it's time to start burning my CR-1's. WOO HOO!!!

except... now all the F cabins will be 100% sold for those of us who buy last minute tickets or do the 3-hr changes... unless they make everyone waitlist until boarding.
I wonder if this also brings integration with CO and their upgrade program? If so, double WOO HOO.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Not sure how much of a fan I am on this. Probably will never be in coach again domestically since I'm a 1k, but this really screws the 1Ps and 2Ps. Also, I'm more and more hoping for a tier above 1k. Something like legitimate 1k for those of us that still do more than 100k BIS.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I'm thumbs up, assuming you can use an instrument or purchased fare and trump the "auto list"? And if no instruments or fare class purchased then they will upgrade on status/fare bucket?

Waiting to see details. Overall, seems like a win.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.