Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"New" 'Choice Menu' from SFO to IAD/DEN/ORD

Old May 5, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Didn't find any mention of this, but I got an exciting email just after booking SFO-IAD-SFO for later this month.

Dear Cricketer,

United® is pleased to introduce the new Choice Menu, offering an array of fresh food selections and premium beverages on flights between San Francisco and Denver, Chicago and Washington Dulles. Beginning May 5, 2009, customers in United Economy® can purchase fresh breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings, as well as snackboxes, a la carte selections, and premium beverages.

Based largely on customer feedback, the new Choice Menu is designed to offer our valued travelers a unique onboard dining experience with exciting new menu selections. For all onboard purchases, United proudly accepts Visa and other major credit cards including MasterCard, American Express and Discover, as well as debit cards with the Visa, MasterCard and Discover logos.

You can see the allegedly new Choice Menu online.

I guess there's a sandwich instead of a wrap, but I'm not sure what else is different. The odwalla smoothie, perhaps? I wonder if this is the result of that food pricing survey from about a year ago.
Old May 5, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GM, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Just received the same email as well. It's hard to see how this is very different than the fresh offerings already available on longer flights. I recently had the Asian chicken salad on a flight from DEN-IAD and it was OK, but not worth the $9. I would have preferred something else from the terminal, but I had just cleared standby and was starving.
Old May 5, 2009, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Let's follow the discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-ord-iad.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.