Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

744 Seat selection - upper deck not showing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

I've booked 2 C seats on UA870 (SYD-SFO) and have gone online to select a seat. For some reason the seat map doesn't show the upper deck, can anyone explain why?

It shows rows 6-17 with the new rear-facing seats but that's it, am I doing something wrong? It's a redemption booking but I can't see that should make a difference.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:23 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Rows 12-17 are on the upper deck.

Notice there is no Row 11 on the map. It more or less distinguishes a separation between the main cabin and the upper deck.

Last edited by Pat89339; Apr 12, 2009 at 2:29 am
Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks Pat89339, odd that it's not mentioned.

Do you have any recommendations on where to sit with a view to privacy on the upper deck?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tourcd
Thanks Pat89339, odd that it's not mentioned.

Do you have any recommendations on where to sit with a view to privacy on the upper deck?
I have been seated in the upper deck and don't think any one row is more private than any other row. Row 12 is near the lavatory, so you might not want to pick that row.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Row 12 is my first choice now as on-one looks onto you , the only row that occurs upstairs.

The 3 rows near the galley are death if they are chatty in there as they were 4 days ago and woke me up thru 30db earplugs, dead tiredness and 3 Temazepam..
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Row 12 is my first choice now as on-one looks onto you , the only row that occurs upstairs.
I believe 14JK and 17JK have the same advantage, and that the stagger in the front of the upper deck cabin also limit that effect for Row 13 and 14AB - at least you're far enough away that it's not as obvious as in the rear of the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.