Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

N121UA - United's Star Alliance Livery 747-400

N121UA - United's Star Alliance Livery 747-400

Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Until then, NW-registered airplanes retain the "NORTHWEST" callsign regardless of what livery they are wearing, and air traffic controllers, at least in the U.S., now call out "NORTHWEST 123 in Delta colors" as standard to avoid confusion.
Ahh, you can tell I don't fly enough to have heard this on Channel 9 yet. Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Obviously it isn't, SQ *A livery planes actually has the SQ logo on the tail fin instead of the Star logo.
I was thinking about that, the new UA livery tail fin is quite nice, and would've been a good choice here too.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Saw it in SFO yesterday... Did not notice the engines from across 28 R/L, taxiing to 1R...
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:57 am

I was on this bird for PVG-SFO yesterday. I was walking down jetbridge and noticed the 'different' looks. I was not aware UA had a/c painted in Star Alliance color.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I flew this plane SYD-LAX, on the upper deck. it was my 500th flight. Very memorable.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by FlyMan
I was on this bird for PVG-SFO yesterday. I was walking down jetbridge and noticed the 'different' looks. I was not aware UA had a/c painted in Star Alliance color.
As a rule, each *A airline has at least one AC painted in *A colors
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I believe I flew this aircraft of SFO-SYD on 12/25.

Originally Posted by FlyMan
UA has had Star Alliance painted aircraft for years. They had a 767 in that really cool livery that took a little of each airline's paint job.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by N1120A
I believe I flew this aircraft of SFO-SYD on 12/25.

UA has had Star Alliance painted aircraft for years. They had a 767 in that really cool livery that took a little of each airline's paint job.

Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palal
As a rule, each *A airline has at least one AC painted in *A colors
Except for SQ, an airline who all too often has exceptions within the alliance.

Look at the tail on their Star Alliance livery, and look at the tail on all the others.

Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by hellyea

I believe United is the only one of the airlines represented in these photos to have changed their livery since (twice, now). Am I right? I only ask because I was thinking that alliance livery format would be a serious pain to maintain if/when a given airline changes livery and/or airlines join or leave (or, in the case of Varig, disappears).

I wonder if these were considerations in the decision to change to the simpler version.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plane2323
I believe United is the only one of the airlines represented in these photos to have changed their livery since (twice, now). Am I right?
You're wrong.

Thai and AC has a new livery (Thai's is pretty drastic; AC painted their planes a light 1970s toilet bowl light blue and refreshed the AC font a bit). Lufthansa is the same. Varig is...well...adeus. SAS has a small refresh (those colored slanted lines are gone).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 24, 2011 at 6:38 pm Reason: removed off-topic content
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This thread is NOT going to entertain legacy CO livery versus legacy UA livery discussion.

Thank you.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:22 pm

I saw a UA plane in StarAlliance paint yesterday and I was wondering with the new livery, will they just remove the "tulip"? Or is there anything else that needs to go?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I saw a UA plane in StarAlliance paint yesterday and I was wondering with the new livery, will they just remove the "tulip"? Or is there anything else that needs to go?
paint the engines, re-do the UNITED to the new font.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.